The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching tonight just based off the fact I am going with the Titans in my survivor pool

That's a bold strategy.

giphy.gif

The numbers just make Moss look even more impressive considering he had years of his prime wasted by QB play. If he had Montana, Young, Romo, MVP Rich Gannon his entire career. oooo weee. We saw what he did with one year of Brady while he still had it.

Last edited:
It's always "ifs" with Randy Moss.

Imagine if Larry Fitzgerald had Montana, Young, Romo, and MVP Rich Gannon his entire career instead of:
Kurt Warner
Carson Palmer
Josh McCown
Shaun King
John Navarre
Matt Leinart
Tim Rattay
Derek Anderson
John Skelton
Max Hall
Richard Bartel
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Lindley
Brian Hoyer
Drew Stanton
Logan Thomas

More power to him too. Fitz deserves to be up there. By listing those QB's are you agreeing with me that Moss' numbers would be better then?

Randy Moss caught 982 passes over his 14 seasons in the NFL. 20 different quarterbacks threw Moss the ball, and during a production meeting at Fox Sports, Moss tried to name them all.

It didn’t go great.
Tuiasosopo did connect with the seven-time Pro Bowler on a pass. Moss rambles along with the help of the production crew and comes up with Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Todd Bouman, Gus Frerotte, Kerry Collins, Andrew Walter, Matt Cassel, Vince Young, Aaron Brooks, Spergon Wynn, Rusty Smith, and Brian Hoyer.

He comes up with Jay Fiedler to round out the 20, and though he’s sure he caught a pass from the former Vikings backup, he has no idea how to pronounce his last name (Fielder?JF? Fiedler? What’s his name?).

Randy Moss caught a lot of passes from a lot of quarterbacks.

Last edited:
Wouldnt go across the middle and his numbers are still what they are with all those QB's :x

I am watching tonight just based off the fact I am going with the Titans in my survivor pool

If you're going to voluntarily tune in tonight instead of watching much better things such as Black Mirror, then don't you dare complain about the quality of Bortles vs. Titans :x

No wide receiver "wants" to go up the middle.
The only one I could see crazy enough to actually love the inevitable contact would be Steve Smith, MAYBE Hines.

No one else, NO ONE, wants to get lit up and concussed by a strong safety.
They've done it, but theyve never 'wanted' to.

Last edited:
The whole "Randy Moss is the best WR to ever play" argument is so ridiculous to me because it simply does not use any tangible evidence or statistical measures to support it.  Its almost as if the RM fans put their fingers in their ears, close their eyes and say "I dont care what you say or show me, he is the best."

We get it.  Some of you guys like Randy a lot.  Thats fine.  Its fine to say you like Randy the best.  But to constantly say he IS the best without providing anything to support that idea is not something I can get behind.  Its like when you ask a 2nd grader to explain why he thinks something, and he says "because."

The whole "Randy Moss is the best WR to ever play" argument is so ridiculous to me because it simply does not use any tangible evidence or statistical measures to support it.  Its almost as if the RM fans put their fingers in their ears, close their eyes and say "I dont care what you say or show me, he is the best."

We get it.  Some of you guys like Randy a lot.  Thats fine.  Its fine to say you like Randy the best.  But to constantly say he IS the best without providing anything to support that idea is not something I can get behind.  Its like when you ask a 2nd grader to explain why he thinks something, and he says "because."

Eye test papi.

Same goes for Adrian Peterson. Statistically speaking, is he the greatest RB ever? No, but he's the greatest RB I've ever seen.

It's always "ifs" with Randy Moss.

Imagine if Larry Fitzgerald had Montana, Young, Romo, and MVP Rich Gannon his entire career instead of:
Kurt Warner
Carson Palmer
Josh McCown
Shaun King
John Navarre
Matt Leinart
Tim Rattay
Derek Anderson
John Skelton
Max Hall
Richard Bartel
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Lindley
Brian Hoyer
Drew Stanton
Logan Thomas

Rice
Fitz
TO
Moss
Irvin

Eye test papi.

Same goes for Adrian Peterson. Statistically speaking, is he the greatest RB ever? No, but he's the greatest RB I've ever seen.
Eye test.  The hardest thing to prove.  Got it.

If numbers are the reason Rice is Goat then with that logic everyone who thinks Rice is Goat should EASILY concede to Brady being the Goat over Montana.

Stop deflecting and moving the goal posts. "Uhhh someone brought logic up so let's flip this to QBs!"

No.

Plus, Tom Brady is in the Lance Armstrong/Barry Bonds/Alex Rodriguez category. Great player but forever tainted.

If numbers are the reason Rice is Goat then with that logic everyone who thinks Rice is Goat should EASILY concede to Brady being the Goat over Montana.
Different eras equal different numbers.   The funny thing is, Rice played in a different era than Moss, and STILL had better numbers than him.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom