The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, it drives me crazy when people say Moss did not go over the middle. It was like NT's first hot take that stuck with people. He had gator arms a few times, but that's about it. Ya'll need to understand that not only did he go across the middle when the play called for it, but he played with one of the greatest possession receivers of all time in Cris Carter. And why would the most explosive deep threat in the NFL go across the middle constantly when you had what many argued was the 2nd best receiver of all-time, at the time, in CC, who feasted on medium range of the route tree. Wouldn't it be smart for Randy to open up that middle of the field for another all-time great? No sense in having your two best receivers run routes to the same spot is there?...I guess the stats won't tell you that though.

The Randy Moss Myth Busting Career Defining Video Pt 5 "He won't go over the middle."

P.S. Plenty of evidence of him blocking too, for those who clearly only saw Moss on NFL Primetime.

Last edited:
Moss did not have 4 years with Brady he had 2 while missing one his most important last few years due to Brady tearing his ACL.

And McNabb was good lol

Have to wonder what his numbers would look like if he never cheated. eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

What if Jerry didnt cheat :nerd:

are you referring to the important year that moss missed with brady where he had 1k yds and 11 tds. looks like cassel filled in just fine :nerd:

mcnabb was good except when the lights shined brightest.

No wide receiver "wants" to go up the middle.
The only one I could see crazy enough to actually love the inevitable contact would be Steve Smith, MAYBE Hines.

No one else, NO ONE, wants to get lit up and concussed by a strong safety.
They've done it, but theyve never 'wanted' to.

but TO did go through the middle regardless if he wanted to or not.

Not arguing against that at all :lol:
I know receivers have, obviously.

I just meant we get on some receivers for "they dont wanna go through the middle"... i was just saying, WHO DOES? :lol:
But... the elite ones do, regardless. Like you said.

And thats what separates them from the chumps like C Chester McFloppy 's favorite 49er receiver... the legendary Brandon Lloyd

View media item 2212295

that gif is forever funny :lol:

Moss didn't finally get to a real QB until he was 30. And when he did, we all saw what happened......

He was a helmet grab away from the winning TD catch in the Super Bowl that year.

He came in at 21 with a washed up Cunningham and destroyed the league so much, the Packers spent their first 3 draft picks the next year drafting defensive backs. :lol:

View media item 2212289

On thanksgiving he went for a cool 3 catches, 150+ yards, and 3 TD's. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Randall Cunningham played in 6 games the year before. Had 6 TD's and 4 INT's. He was done. He came back in 1998, at age 35, and had the best season of his entire career.

The last good year Randall had was 1990. 8 years later, with Randy, he becomes an MVP candidate. :lol: Sure.

Sadly, by age 28-29, Randy was sent to the Kerry Collins Raiders, where careers go to die. That's unfortunate, but when the Patriots picked him up at 30, history yet again was re-written.

Double team, triple team, shift the entire defense his direction, no matter what he did, all 11 defenders had to focus on where he lined up, and where they were on the field because of him. The QB didn't have to be accurate, or even close sometimes, "just throw it up" and receive the stats.

Did Randy put for the effort like a Jerry Rice? Nope. Neither did Shaq in the NBA. He wasted games/half seasons doin nothin either, but was still one of thee most unstoppable forces the NBA ever saw. Same as Randy. He didn't do this, or that, or whatever else you want to name, but when he had a viable QB, and his legs were healthy, you PRAYED they went elsewhere with the football.

Had he had a truly decent QB his whole career....... :smh: But those are the breaks. He didn't have that luxury, same as Larry hasn't had that luxury. Larry is a complete receiver, HOFer, zero question, but 10 outta 10 CB's would rather lineup on Larry, than worry about Randy stride for stride. Nobody was matchin that dude. Nobody.

People don't like that. They don't like what ifs, and coulda beens, and all that, just how it is. Same as Bo Jackson WOULD have been the greatest Running Back to ever play IF he played 16 games a year for 10+ years, we were robbed of witnessing that opportunity. We were robbed of seeing Randy play with real QB's/coaches that could maximize their teams during his prime years before age 30.

People will argue, and yell, and throw stats and try to prove Randy played with other great QB's, etc etc, that's fine, let them. Most of us know the truth about that. Randy was a different human being on the field than others. TO was nice. Larry is nice. Jerry was nice. Randy was filthy stupid. Just absurd talent in one body. And even with lesser work ethic and talent playin around him, he put up numbers that match players that played their ***** off every snap they could into their late 30's.

Keeps me up at night wondering what he coulda done with 10 years around Brady/Belichick. :smh:

He's the greatest I've ever seen play the position, ever. Ever.

TO had end of the line young, garcia, romo, mcnabb, fitzpatrick and bengals palmer. i can make that same argument that TO didnt have 'a real qb' :nerd:

wonder how TOs number would look like if he had 'a real qb' :nerd: 4 yrs in new england would probably make his numbers better than moss :nerd: that means that TO has almost identical numbers as moss but without 4 yrs in new england with real qb brady :nerd:

TO was 'mcnabb growing a sack and not throwing up and choking on the biggest stage' away from a superbowl too in which he had over 100 yds on a surgerically repaired ankle in which he was not 100 percent and that he had to sign a waiver that if he got injured he would not sue the eagles :nerd:

i can play this game too :nerd:

Yes, McNabb, Romo, Young and Garcia are Randall, Pepper, George and Collins.

Very similar, yeah.....

Young was still in his statistical prime when he walked away. Concussions forced the issue, not a decline in play, maybe you don't remember.

Romo and McNabb both were very good without T.O.

Yes, McNabb, Romo, Young and Garcia are Randall, Pepper, George and Collins.

Very similar, yeah.....

end of the line young, garcia, romo and mcnabb were good not the greatness that is tom brady. yet TO has identical number to moss without the great tom as his qb. wonder what those numbers would like for TO if he had 4 yrs of that new england greatness.

probably worked out for TO in the long run. he has no * associated to his accolates.

Young was still in his statistical prime when he walked away. Concussions forced the issue, not a decline in play, maybe you don't remember.

yea.. outside of when westbrook was healthy, mcnabb was working with shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

james thrash, todd pinkston, Freddie Mitchell and greg lewis.. chad lewis was a decent blocking TE, but he was limited

forgot about youngs 98 season. he was great that season.

romo and mcnabb were good/very good not great.

McNabb was already highly regarded when TO came aboard, and Romo had great seasons well past the time when Owens left.

Cunningham and Culpepper were great only with Moss...Before and after Moss, nothing close to great (strictly passing in regards to Cunningham).

Last edited:
moss is barry sanders at the wr position.  not the best ever but the greatest home run threat. nothing to hate on or dismiss, one of the greatest ever  but not the goat. 

Last edited:

McNabb was already highly regarded when TO came aboard, and Romo had great seasons well past the time when Owens left.

Cunningham and Culpepper were great only with Moss...Before and after Moss, nothing close to great (strictly passing in regards to Cunningham).

but TO didnt team up with brady yet he has identical numbers. you dont think TO would trade those years with romo, palmer and fitzy to play with tom? he still made the most of that situation. cp is bringing up good qbs moss didnt play with yet makes it seem like moss didnt play with tom? if moss never goes to new england he wouldnt even be considered top 3. while moss was in new england, TO was 2 yrs in dallas, cinci and buffalo lol.

Barry the GOAT position player ever. FOH
wasnt a complete back similar to randy wasnt a complete wr.

wasnt effective at the goalline , wasnt a good receiving back , wasnt a good blocker. 

ill take faulk and emmitt over barry . barry was the better homerun threat so i understand why hes loved so much. i loved me barry as well but not the  goat. 

Last edited:
I think many people get 'best I've ever seen' and 'greatest of all-time' mixed up.

Marshall Faulk was the best RB I've ever seen and if I were to pick an all-time team tomorrow, he'd be my RB. Is he the greatest ever? Probably not. Some people might even have him out of their top-5. All I know is... he was COMPLETE, could do everything, and was dangerous anytime he touched the ball.

You can have favorite players without them being the GOAT.

Barry the GOAT position player ever. FOH
wasnt a complete back similar to randy wasnt a complete wr.

wasnt effective at the goalline , wasnt a good receiving back , wasnt a good blocker. 

ill take faulk and emmitt over barry . barry was the better homerun threat so i understand why hes loved so much. i loved me barry as well but not the  goat. 

Emmit didn't do **** better than Barry.

I'd entertain Faulk because of his receiving skills.

no way in hell I would take Emmitt over Barry

Faulk would be in consideration but I think Faulk is a **** analyst so I am holding that against him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom