The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it guys. You haven't had much success since the Walsh/Montana/Rice/Young days so you cling onto that era for dear life. That doesn't mean the rest of us can't have differing opinions.

Dolphins haven't had success since 1972 so should we disregard your opinion?

Do you see me saying "no one will ever unseat Bob Griese as the GOAT?"

Exactly.

I get it guys. You haven't had much success since the Walsh/Montana/Rice/Young days so you cling onto that era for dear life. That doesn't mean the rest of us can't have differing opinions.

Dolphins haven't had success since 1972 so should we disregard your opinion?

Do you see me saying "no one will ever unseat Bob Griese as the GOAT?"

Exactly.

Do you see me saying that Joe Montana and/or Jerry Rice are the GOAT and no one will ever unseat them?

Exactly.

Last edited:
If numbers are the reason Rice is Goat then with that logic everyone who thinks Rice is Goat should EASILY concede to Brady being the Goat over Montana.
Different eras equal different numbers.   The funny thing is, Rice played in a different era than Moss, and STILL had better numbers than him.  

He has 20k more yards tho. 163 more touchdowns. And it's still going up at a high rate. That's so much more there's no way you can discredit it.

And what about winning. Winning is winning. Bradys record is 175-51 compared to Montana's 117-47. Again not even close.

Playoff record Brady 22-9 Montana 16-7. Brady wins again and you know he's adding on to it this year. If numbers tell all there is literally no where that Montana has the advantage and most of it isn't even close.

Last edited:
I usually wipe 6-8 years of Tom Brady's career (as well as a few rings) off the books due to camcorders and deflated footballs.

Have to wonder what his numbers would look like if he never cheated. :wow: :wow: :wow:

Reactions: OTG
I've never seen a player more overrated on NT than Randy Moss. Guess it's to be expected from the box score warriors and armchair highlight watchers we have on this forum. :smh: Damn shame.
disgunbgood

:lol:

ive always wanted to hear your breakdown comparison between TO and moss. youve posted stuff here and there. i know you have it in the chamber ready to unload the clip when the time comes.

You touched on it with your 2a/2b stuff. That's kinda how I view it and it's not meant to be a knock on Moss. It's more than TO is underrated in the grand scheme of things. People only remember the off-the-field shenanigans and 'locker room cancer' stuff and not what the man did on the field. He would run any route on the field, block, and play hard every down. No matter what team he was on, he produced.

:nthat:

The numbers just make Moss look even more impressive considering he had years of his prime wasted by QB play. If he had Montana, Young, Romo, MVP Rich Gannon his entire career. oooo weee. We saw what he did with one year of Brady while he still had it.

TO had end of the line young, garcia, romo, puke mcnabb, pickzpatrick and palmer. not really a hof group except young.

moss had 4 years with brady. if he doesnt play with brady moss might not even be considered top 5.

imagine of TO had 4 yrs with brady?

Nope. He still wouldn't go across the middle.

fax

No wide receiver "wants" to go up the middle.
The only one I could see crazy enough to actually love the inevitable contact would be Steve Smith, MAYBE Hines.

No one else, NO ONE, wants to get lit up and concussed by a strong safety.
They've done it, but theyve never 'wanted' to.

but TO did go through the middle regardless if he wanted to or not.

Moss did not have 4 years with Brady he had 2 while missing one his most important last few years due to Brady tearing his ACL.

And McNabb was good lol

Have to wonder what his numbers would look like if he never cheated. eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

What if Jerry didnt cheat :nerd:

Last edited:
good lord tonight's game was a horrible choice..

guess I'm going be watching basketball.. baseball let me down on that one, might have actually watched game 3 if it was tonight

No wide receiver "wants" to go up the middle.
The only one I could see crazy enough to actually love the inevitable contact would be Steve Smith, MAYBE Hines.

No one else, NO ONE, wants to get lit up and concussed by a strong safety.
They've done it, but theyve never 'wanted' to.

but TO did go through the middle regardless if he wanted to or not.

Not arguing against that at all :lol:
I know receivers have, obviously.

I just meant we get on some receivers for "they dont wanna go through the middle"... i was just saying, WHO DOES? :lol:
But... the elite ones do, regardless. Like you said.

And thats what separates them from the chumps like C Chester McFloppy 's favorite 49er receiver... the legendary Brandon Lloyd

View media item 2212295

Moss didn't finally get to a real QB until he was 30. And when he did, we all saw what happened......

He was a helmet grab away from the winning TD catch in the Super Bowl that year.

He came in at 21 with a washed up Cunningham and destroyed the league so much, the Packers spent their first 3 draft picks the next year drafting defensive backs. :lol:

View media item 2212289

On thanksgiving he went for a cool 3 catches, 150+ yards, and 3 TD's. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Randall Cunningham played in 6 games the year before. Had 6 TD's and 4 INT's. He was done. He came back in 1998, at age 35, and had the best season of his entire career.

The last good year Randall had was 1990. 8 years later, with Randy, he becomes an MVP candidate. :lol: Sure.

Sadly, by age 28-29, Randy was sent to the Kerry Collins Raiders, where careers go to die. That's unfortunate, but when the Patriots picked him up at 30, history yet again was re-written.

Double team, triple team, shift the entire defense his direction, no matter what he did, all 11 defenders had to focus on where he lined up, and where they were on the field because of him. The QB didn't have to be accurate, or even close sometimes, "just throw it up" and receive the stats.

Did Randy put for the effort like a Jerry Rice? Nope. Neither did Shaq in the NBA. He wasted games/half seasons doin nothin either, but was still one of thee most unstoppable forces the NBA ever saw. Same as Randy. He didn't do this, or that, or whatever else you want to name, but when he had a viable QB, and his legs were healthy, you PRAYED they went elsewhere with the football.

Had he had a truly decent QB his whole career....... :smh: But those are the breaks. He didn't have that luxury, same as Larry hasn't had that luxury. Larry is a complete receiver, HOFer, zero question, but 10 outta 10 CB's would rather lineup on Larry, than worry about Randy stride for stride. Nobody was matchin that dude. Nobody.

People don't like that. They don't like what ifs, and coulda beens, and all that, just how it is. Same as Bo Jackson WOULD have been the greatest Running Back to ever play IF he played 16 games a year for 10+ years, we were robbed of witnessing that opportunity. We were robbed of seeing Randy play with real QB's/coaches that could maximize their teams during his prime years before age 30.

People will argue, and yell, and throw stats and try to prove Randy played with other great QB's, etc etc, that's fine, let them. Most of us know the truth about that. Randy was a different human being on the field than others. TO was nice. Larry is nice. Jerry was nice. Randy was filthy stupid. Just absurd talent in one body. And even with lesser work ethic and talent playin around him, he put up numbers that match players that played their ***** off every snap they could into their late 30's.

Keeps me up at night wondering what he coulda done with 10 years around Brady/Belichick. :smh:

He's the greatest I've ever seen play the position, ever. Ever.

I'm pretty sure we'll never see Justin Blackmon again.. but really starting to wonder if we'll see josh Gordon ever again

Moss didn't finally get to a real QB until he was 30. And when he did, we all saw what happened......

He was a helmet grab away from the winning TD catch in the Super Bowl that year.

He came in at 21 with a washed up Cunningham and destroyed the league so much, the Packers spent their first 3 draft picks the next year drafting defensive backs. :lol:

View media item 2212289

On thanksgiving he went for a cool 3 catches, 150+ yards, and 3 TD's. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Randall Cunningham played in 6 games the year before. Had 6 TD's and 4 INT's. He was done. He came back in 1998, at age 35, and had the best season of his entire career.

The last good year Randall had was 1990. 8 years later, with Randy, he becomes an MVP candidate. :lol: Sure.

Sadly, by age 28-29, Randy was sent to the Kerry Collins Raiders, where careers go to die. That's unfortunate, but when the Patriots picked him up at 30, history yet again was re-written.

Double team, triple team, shift the entire defense his direction, no matter what he did, all 11 defenders had to focus on where he lined up, and where they were on the field because of him. The QB didn't have to be accurate, or even close sometimes, "just throw it up" and receive the stats.

Did Randy put for the effort like a Jerry Rice? Nope. Neither did Shaq in the NBA. He wasted games/half seasons doin nothin either, but was still one of thee most unstoppable forces the NBA ever saw. Same as Randy. He didn't do this, or that, or whatever else you want to name, but when he had a viable QB, and his legs were healthy, you PRAYED they went elsewhere with the football.

Had he had a truly decent QB his whole career....... :smh: But those are the breaks. He didn't have that luxury, same as Larry hasn't had that luxury. Larry is a complete receiver, HOFer, zero question, but 10 outta 10 CB's would rather lineup on Larry, than worry about Randy stride for stride. Nobody was matchin that dude. Nobody.

People don't like that. They don't like what ifs, and coulda beens, and all that, just how it is. Same as Bo Jackson WOULD have been the greatest Running Back to ever play IF he played 16 games a year for 10+ years, we were robbed of witnessing that opportunity. We were robbed of seeing Randy play with real QB's/coaches that could maximize their teams during his prime years before age 30.

People will argue, and yell, and throw stats and try to prove Randy played with other great QB's, etc etc, that's fine, let them. Most of us know the truth about that. Randy was a different human being on the field than others. TO was nice. Larry is nice. Jerry was nice. Randy was filthy stupid. Just absurd talent in one body. And even with lesser work ethic and talent playin around him, he put up numbers that match players that played their ***** off every snap they could into their late 30's.

Keeps me up at night wondering what he coulda done with 10 years around Brady/Belichick. :smh:

He's the greatest I've ever seen play the position, ever. Ever.

Nah.

Chester's been involved in so many of these type discussions he's probably typing with his eyes closed. Going off muscle memory and ****.

Dude got files of this **** saved in his notes. I've dealt with him, he's got angles man.

Tip your cap and check other threads til he gets bored. :lol:

Chester's been involved in so many of these type discussions he's probably typing with his eyes closed. Going off muscle memory and ****.

Dude got files of this **** saved in his notes. I've dealt with him, he's got angles man.

Tip your cap and check other threads til he gets bored. :lol:

***** hilarious

2 years ago he was slandering the trolls who were slandering Rodgers. Being sarcastic like chester usually is.
admiring rodgers and his deep balls (ayo)
posting gifs of all of his top plays
going back and forth with shoes about his shaky comments
etc.
YEAH, I REMEMBER **** TOO BRAH

now hes one of the trolls (which he refuses to admit) thats slandering 'fraudgers' himself

cant keep up with his shinanigans anymore :lol:
New seasons, new agendas.

CHESTAH DA GAWD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom