the JETS are going to be a PROBLEM next year

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by beh235

I'm a Jets fan, and we have a real good shot. I'm excited for LT, but I also liked the running system we had. It wasn't broke and we tried to fix it(?). We'll see. I'm tired of all these dolphin fans and pats fans talking. Just shut up, and like fatboy Wilfork said the other day, you have to play the game. I hope the dolphins and pats got their popcorn ready because if anyone hadn't noticed, dirty Sanchez grew up in the playoffs last year. Thanks my 2 cents. Peace.
Tell your fellow fans to take your advice. Talking about the 2000 Ravens and #%!^

Looks like you're a Dolphins fan. Enjoy 3rd place in the AFC East.
roll.gif

I'm a Jets fan, and we have a real good shot. I'm excited for LT, but I also liked the running system we had. It wasn't broke and we tried to fix it(?). We'll see. I'm tired of all these dolphin fans and pats fans talking. Just shut up, and like fatboy Wilfork said the other day, you have to play the game. I hope the dolphins and pats got their popcorn ready because if anyone hadn't noticed, dirty Sanchez grew up in the playoffs last year. Thanks my 2 cents. Peace.
Tell your fellow fans to take your advice. Talking about the 2000 Ravens and #%!^
Can I ask why that's so far fetched? I mean, it's not like we had the best D in the league last year with a rookie head coach and a new defensive system...

giants fan checking in

thanks for taking the media off our backs. i hope we coast through unnoticed with yall bumping your gums lol.

I can't front though i really like this jets team. they play my kind of football. defense, talk mess, smack you in the face with the run game, gut out a win.

the LT trade Confused me though

roll.gif

You quote Wilfork saying "you have to play the game", and then say what place the Phins are coming in? Yeah buddy, no one is taking you seriously.
laugh.gif

I'll be sure to quote you... [Jim Rome]check that[/Jim Rome], make a thread in your honor once you've been humbled.
laugh.gif

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
Can I ask why that's so far fetched? I mean, it's not like we had the best D in the league last year with a rookie head coach and a new defensive system...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

2000 Ravens though? Get real.

roll.gif

You quote Wilfork saying "you have to play the game", and then say what place the Phins are coming in? Yeah buddy, no one is taking you seriously.
laugh.gif

I'll be sure to quote you... [Jim Rome]check that[/Jim Rome], make a thread in your honor once you've been humbled.
laugh.gif

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
I believe last year's defense was statistically better than that Raven team's.  I'm not saying we're on that level, but it's not far-fetched to believe that our D can be that good.

You could laugh all you want and not actually say anything (I understand, you're a Dolphin fans, so you feel the need to attack the Jets for no reason because that's what good fans do!...) but if you really don't think that in the history of football there won't be another team like the 2000 Ravens at any point then you're sadly mistaken. We have Rex (who was the DLine coach at that time), we have another year under the belt (not sure if you noticed but it was the first year we had Rex and we finished first in the league if you missed that...), we signed Cro, we still have the draft, our offense should be better which should take some of the load of the D, etc. We were one win away from a Super Bowl apperance. If there's one team that can mirror the 2000 Ravens, it's this year's Jets (at least on paper so far, but that's the only thing we can go by right now). But of course the good Dolphin fan would just completely ignore any correlation to these two teams! Is it gonna happen? Can't say until the season ends. Can it happen? It could. Don't know why that's such a hard concept to grasp. We have the right to talk. We weren't the ones sitting third in the AFC East and watching the playoffs from home. We're not the team that finished 7-9 last year. We're actually a team with high expectations because of the success we had the season before, and not just because we had to spend $90.5 mill on just two players.

The jury still out on the Jets imo.....They look good on paper. Got mad talent, but I still think the Pats will take the division. Something tells me they will with Brady and Moss being back healthy and that defense maturing with Mayo and Merriwether and those guys. The Pats have so many picks in the draft and we have seen it year after year how they address every need with those picks. I see the Patriots winning it close. The Patriots treat the draft like their free agency and know how to develop and scout out talent greater than anyone in the league. I hate the pats but I like how well their organization is ran.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Three6mafia2007 said:
cromartie's gonna beast this year

No he won't.

As Charmin he is, him in man with Leonard over the top he'll be solid, especially with that front 7 getting pressure. Jesus this defense terrifies me.

While I'm excited for the season, I refuse to buy into the hype. Jets did upgrade, but they still have to prove it on the field.

Any given Sunday!

i wanna see what they plan to do with that AFC East hopefully they win the division

sick.gif
at the patriots

Cro will probably be an average-below average defender with average-above average numbers... Hell probably have a lot of junk thrown up his way from QB pressure and QBs not wanting to throw junk up to a player like Revis.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Cro will probably be an average-below average defender with average-above average numbers... Hell probably have a lot of junk thrown up his way from QB pressure and QBs not wanting to throw junk up to a player like Revis.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
How did I not see that coming? Sorry Dre I think hell appear to play well as far as stats go, the move by the Jets to get him was to see if he can duck hunt and bring some balls back to the house, they only had 1 score on D last year off an interception.

Whoever that Dolphins fan is, we don't need to see the Dolphins play to know how they are gonna finish. But, I understand how you feel about us. I used to feel that way about the Pats. Let's just see when the season gets here. My team looks good on paper, but I believe we will be better barring injuries. Oh by the way, not to make excuses, Kris Jenkins was hurt the second half of the season and missed the postseason, it'll be good to have him back as well.

Originally Posted by rillo561

While I'm excited for the season, I refuse to buy into the hype. Jets did upgrade, but they still have to prove it on the field.

Any given Sunday!
^ this. Although this may have been one of the more exciting Jets season (and there have been many drama filled off-seasons as of late with Tannenbaum running things)..
we do still have the reputation "same ol' Jets". 
tired.gif

However, I am excited. 
pimp.gif

Whoever that Dolphins fan is, we don't need to see the Dolphins play to know how they are gonna finish.
Oh we don't huh? Even your fellow fans know how foolish that statement is. We just won the division two seasons ago smart guy.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

You could laugh all you want and not actually say anything (I understand, you're a Dolphin fans, so you feel the need to attack the Jets for no reason because that's what good fans do!...) but if you really don't think that in the history of football there won't be another team like the 2000 Ravens at any point then you're sadly mistaken. We have Rex (who was the DLine coach at that time), we have another year under the belt (not sure if you noticed but it was the first year we had Rex and we finished first in the league if you missed that...), we signed Cro, we still have the draft, our offense should be better which should take some of the load of the D, etc. We were one win away from a Super Bowl apperance. If there's one team that can mirror the 2000 Ravens, it's this year's Jets (at least on paper so far, but that's the only thing we can go by right now). But of course the good Dolphin fan would just completely ignore any correlation to these two teams! Is it gonna happen? Can't say until the season ends. Can it happen? It could. Don't know why that's such a hard concept to grasp. We have the right to talk. We weren't the ones sitting third in the AFC East and watching the playoffs from home. We're not the team that finished 7-9 last year. We're actually a team with high expectations because of the success we had the season before, and not just because we had to spend $90.5 mill on just two players.
A knowledgeable fan would look at more than the "on paper" rosters to make that claim. I saw that 2000 Ravens team every week, dad is a diehard Ravens fan with season tickets. I saw that team many many times and you're just not close, sorry. Forget me being a Dolphins fan, because your logic is about as ******ed as your stupid #%! claim. You don't have a Ray Lewis on your team. Ray Lewis, that season, played as well as any of the LB's in the HISTORY of this game. The two tackles, Goose and big Sam Adams, clogged anything and everything. McCrary was out of this world that season, and Boulware was a beast. Then you have the secondary, ridiculous. Rod Woodson, McCalister, etc. There was a reason they stifled O's every week.

You don't have that. You have no player on your team that can even come close to how dominant #52 was that season. Your secondary, outside of Revis, is nowhere near as good as those guys were. Your D-Line is nowhere as talented as that 2000 D. Jenkins is good, for sure.

Just give it up. A talented D, #1, good possibility. 2000 Ravens? '85 Bears? Get real. Stop being a homer and look at the facts.

So know who you're dealing with before spouting off.

p.s., lol at "we're not a third place team at 7-9". You sure were talking #%!! the year before that as well. Not only did the Phins have a weak receiving cast, the injuries were insane. Starting QB, RB, NT, CB all lost for the season. Let me see your team lose that much and succeed.

Uhm, to all the Dolphin fans saying how Sanchez is gonna fall back to Earth, or saying how the Dolphins gonna win the division, did you guys forget you have chad henne as your quarterback? I mean, he didn't do that much better than Sanchez. Granted he did have fewer INTO's. It's going to come down to the Jets playing good defense and Sanchez being more efficient. Our run game WILL BE THERE (Unless there's an injury). But like someone said earlier, let's not get too cocky. Anything could happen in this league.
Let the talking be done on the field. CANT WAIT TO OPENING DAY!!!

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

cromartie's gonna beast this year

No he won't.

As Charmin he is, him in man with Leonard over the top he'll be solid, especially with that front 7 getting pressure. Jesus this defense terrifies me.
If he does, then I'll eat crow.

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

Uhm, to all the Dolphin fans saying how Sanchez is gonna fall back to Earth, or saying how the Dolphins gonna win the division, did you guys forget you have chad henne as your quarterback? I mean, he didn't do that much better than Sanchez. Granted he did have fewer INTO's. It's going to come down to the Jets playing good defense and Sanchez being more efficient. Our run game WILL BE THERE (Unless there's an injury). But like someone said earlier, let's not get too cocky. Anything could happen in this league.
Let the talking be done on the field. CANT WAIT TO OPENING DAY!!!

Definitely not a Dolphins fan. Sanchez will fall back to Earth. 
Although I will say, I like debating about the AFC East, when for the longest time it was always conceded that the Pats would win the division. Props to the Jets and Parcells for making this an interesting division again. 

Back
Top Bottom