The Jordan is a Jerk Topic

MJ is the basketball equivalent to Denzels character in training day. The best at what he did, but gave not an absolute you know what about anyones feelings. Its not until you see 'behind the scenes' that you realize just how dirty and malicious they were to get that way. Basically the bad guy with so much swag and a winning record that you can't ignore. I used to think Mike was a model citizen, like MLK or somethin
roll.gif
"son is a low down gato, I don't even shake his hand." I think that over the years more people will notice this and his popularity will decrease.Mike still has that "I'm the big man on campus and everyone else is just a freshman" mentality.

MJ is the basketball equivalent to Denzels character in training day. The best at what he did, but gave not an absolute you know what about anyones feelings. Its not until you see 'behind the scenes' that you realize just how dirty and malicious they were to get that way. Basically the bad guy with so much swag and a winning record that you can't ignore. I used to think Mike was a model citizen, like MLK or somethin
roll.gif
"son is a low down gato, I don't even shake his hand." I think that over the years more people will notice this and his popularity will decrease.Mike still has that "I'm the big man on campus and everyone else is just a freshman" mentality.

What do you think was more popular on a global scale
Boxing during Ali's time vs. Basketball during Mike's time?

GLOBAL

GLOBAL

Y'all need to make another thread about most popular athlete ever. Don't interfere with the lulz in this thread
laugh.gif

Y'all need to make another thread about most popular athlete ever. Don't interfere with the lulz in this thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

laugh.gif
LOL... I'm really trying not to bro but I'm bored and staying in tonight so I need something compelling to stay up on.  I've had my fill of Illuminati and conspiracy theory sites for the week.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

But to answer you're question DC, I'd say Mike.  He never really ruffled any feathers off of the court (that we know, via media accounts and the like) and kept a squeaky clean image for the most part during his playing days.  Add to the fact that technology was improving while he made his rise to the top of the sports world and everyone in the world knew who he was.  I can remember seeing Jordan's on sale in a shopping mall in Panama back in like '96 or '96 for they retail for here in the States and people paying the same $150 they could use else wear just so their kids could wear his shoes.

I don't think Ali had the same popularity only because people had to have seen him, and I'm not sure if that was done the world over because of how limited technology was at the time.  In addition, he was still dealing with criticism and disdain from people here because of his beliefs. 

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

laugh.gif
LOL... I'm really trying not to bro but I'm bored and staying in tonight so I need something compelling to stay up on.  I've had my fill of Illuminati and conspiracy theory sites for the week.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

But to answer you're question DC, I'd say Mike.  He never really ruffled any feathers off of the court (that we know, via media accounts and the like) and kept a squeaky clean image for the most part during his playing days.  Add to the fact that technology was improving while he made his rise to the top of the sports world and everyone in the world knew who he was.  I can remember seeing Jordan's on sale in a shopping mall in Panama back in like '96 or '96 for they retail for here in the States and people paying the same $150 they could use else wear just so their kids could wear his shoes.

I don't think Ali had the same popularity only because people had to have seen him, and I'm not sure if that was done the world over because of how limited technology was at the time.  In addition, he was still dealing with criticism and disdain from people here because of his beliefs. 

Michael Jordan, Ali and Tiger Woods are the top 3 most iconic sport figures of all time

Tiger was on path to passing Jordan but the whole white women thing took him down quite a bit

even tho Jordan shares the same affinity

Jordans silhouette alone >

Michael Jordan, Ali and Tiger Woods are the top 3 most iconic sport figures of all time

Tiger was on path to passing Jordan but the whole white women thing took him down quite a bit

even tho Jordan shares the same affinity

Jordans silhouette alone >

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Originally Posted by LA KB24

on time mj came to high school to watch marcus jordan in the conference championship vs my high school and the whole time jordan didnt say anything not talk to no one or nothing..i could understand that part but this is the crazy part he was not even looking at his son play which what could have been his final HS game. the whole time MJ was just looking down at his phone the whole time and never looked up.

i always knew that he was a jerk before you could just tell by the way he talks and acts.....my sister never believes me when i say he is a jerk. she just says i dont care Kobe is conceited and cocky and i hate him lol
Damn. I knew he was +++ but not caring enough to watch your own sons b-ball game?

yea thats what i said
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Originally Posted by LA KB24

on time mj came to high school to watch marcus jordan in the conference championship vs my high school and the whole time jordan didnt say anything not talk to no one or nothing..i could understand that part but this is the crazy part he was not even looking at his son play which what could have been his final HS game. the whole time MJ was just looking down at his phone the whole time and never looked up.

i always knew that he was a jerk before you could just tell by the way he talks and acts.....my sister never believes me when i say he is a jerk. she just says i dont care Kobe is conceited and cocky and i hate him lol
Damn. I knew he was +++ but not caring enough to watch your own sons b-ball game?

yea thats what i said
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

GLOBAL

In that case Jordan by a lot. He helped globalize the game in the 90's and people on each continent know who he is.

GLOBAL

In that case Jordan by a lot. He helped globalize the game in the 90's and people on each continent know who he is.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

GLOBAL

Even Antarctica?

And who's that in your avatar, BTW? 
nerd.gif

GLOBAL

Even Antarctica?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

GLOBAL

Even Antarctica?

nerd.gif
Populated continents 
grin.gif
,and actually I'm pretty sure that the scientists down in Antarctica know who MJ is.
Lucy Pinder 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

GLOBAL

Even Antarctica?

nerd.gif
Populated continents 
grin.gif
,and actually I'm pretty sure that the scientists down in Antarctica know who MJ is.
Lucy Pinder 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom