The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

i actually moved to RF hoping to get my hands on #600 (and holla at my boy Francouer
laugh.gif
)

for some reason, i didn't start recording until after he hit it.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i actually moved to RF hoping to get my hands on #600 (and holla at my boy Francouer
laugh.gif
)

AHHHHHHH!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Yup, that's me, lol. I was in the lead crawl for SportsCenter on Saturday, too. In case anybody is wondering why thesign is purple, it's because I made it for Jay last year when he got promoted to Louisville. He loves that sign, so I figured why make a new one? So areyou in 140? I've got a handful in 142, but most of mine are 144 Row B.

Peace,
J

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ so basically the 100% wool, grey-underbill, pre-2007 model, correct? aren't there still some on the 'bay?

Exactly! But unfortunately I'm in AZ and won't be headed anywhere near Cali anytime soon. If any bay area closet M's fans or Griffey fans wantto help me out I would be willing to trade for it our buy.

The first one is 7 1/2 the rest 7 5/8 all unworn
23m7ket.jpg

I have a lot of M's hats in 7 3/4 too (but mostly gimick type new eras)

^
laugh.gif
I meant Ebay
embarassed.gif
... my bad...
embarassed.gif
I can't type 'EBAY' in this other forum, so I got used totyping 'bay...

Originally Posted by jshortt

They are selling Nike Jr. 600 shirts at Great American Ball Park right now. They're pretty nice. They have all the dates of his monumental homers listed on the back, and the onlyl beef I have with them is that for 600 the shirts just say "600 - 2008 Season." Should've just waited for him to hit the damn thing and made them then.

If you didn't notice, it looks like the Air Max sole on the Remixes appear to be from the Griffey VI's, which wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

WildKYCat, your avy is clipped RIGHT before I was in the shot. I was the goofball holding up the "Jay Bruce Rules" sign, lol. You can almost see myy season seats in a couple of those pics of him rounding the bases. They're in the section over from his countdown.

Peace,
J

J-

Are those 600 shirts made by Nike or Majestic? It sounds like the one they made for 500, which I have. It has all the homers listed on the back and says the sweetest swing in baseball. I assume they're not blowing out the door yet... I have tickets to the first game back from the road next Tuesday, and will probably pick up one then. Did you ask them if they were getting any other merchandise commemorating the moment?

Originally Posted by harrystruman99

J-

Are those 600 shirts made by Nike or Majestic? It sounds like the one they made for 500, which I have. It has all the homers listed on the back and says the sweetest swing in baseball. I assume they're not blowing out the door yet... I have tickets to the first game back from the road next Tuesday, and will probably pick up one then. Did you ask them if they were getting any other merchandise commemorating the moment?

Nope. They're Nike. I bought one on Sunday. Your best bet will probably be to go to the BIG store. Most of the smaller kiosks inside the stadiumwere out of everything but M's and Lg's. They've had them since he hit 598, and the shirts just kinda sat there until this weekend. Everybody andtheir mom was buying one on Sunday, so I had to go ahead and grab one. The shirt has a BIG "600" in a font similar to the Reds' new font, with"Cincinnati, OH" over top of it. To the side of the 600 is a nice pic of Jr. doing the Swingman follow through from a game last year. The back hasa big pic of him laughing and then all the dates.

hth,
J

laugh.gif
)

AHHHHHHH!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Yup, that's me, lol. I was in the lead crawl for SportsCenter on Saturday, too. In case anybody is wondering why the sign is purple, it's because I made it for Jay last year when he got promoted to Louisville. He loves that sign, so I figured why make a new one? So are you in 140? I've got a handful in 142, but most of mine are 144 Row B.

Peace,
J
nah, 101 in left center...i'm in the first row by the bullpen.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^
laugh.gif
I meant Ebay
embarassed.gif
... my bad...
embarassed.gif
I can't type 'EBAY' in this other forum, so I got used to typing 'bay...
gotcha! i bought one off ebay but it had navy blue under the bill and every seller that has that style says the same or they have the '08. Come onguys! It's the only on field style Mariners I'm missing out on in my size!

Originally Posted by harrystruman99

J-

Nope. They're Nike. I bought one on Sunday. Your best bet will probably be to go to the BIG store. Most of the smaller kiosks inside the stadium were out of everything but M's and Lg's. They've had them since he hit 598, and the shirts just kinda sat there until this weekend. Everybody and their mom was buying one on Sunday, so I had to go ahead and grab one. The shirt has a BIG "600" in a font similar to the Reds' new font, with "Cincinnati, OH" over top of it. To the side of the 600 is a nice pic of Jr. doing the Swingman follow through from a game last year. The back has a big pic of him laughing and then all the dates.

hth,
J

how much were they? would you mind posting a pic?

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

c3f25ef4806e0d55ddf309ae208b6108659f946.jpg

781155466dd1dd3246411f8f4b06322186b54c4.jpg

I'm about to rasterbate a picture onto my wall in my room and I'm torn between these two. Can't wait for the Reds to come into town. Can't believe I'm saying that.
sick.gif
do one of these instead:

xlaslc.jpg

33z41uc.jpg

29vb9kk.jpg

rknehv.jpg

and here's a pic from yesterday's game:

25575o9.jpg

I can't have Griffey as a Red on my wall. As much as I love the guy, I hate the Reds more. And what's with Griffey giving you the o_O look?
laugh.gif

Courtesy of a friend who prefers to remain anonymous (and this is a catalog pic, not one of my PS pics)...

33bjpxw.jpg

Hopefully pics of the other colors will be available soon.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Jr. definitely needs to start rocking these BG's in games...
This is kind of weird all around, those BGs are very nice, but what is he doing with a natural color bat in his hands??

Yeah he usually uses the white ones for batting practice only seen him wear those in one game. Felipe Lopez when he was with the reds wore them in more gamesthen griffey. Griffey must have gave him a pair.

Wish nike would have released these.
capt.43ef7926541d4fd7bd97ba5c7c408856.reds_marlins_baseball_mds101.jpg

Something tells me they might release some new ones because the last ones where the griffey 500 (they released them as he was reaching the 500 homerun mark)hopefully some griffey 600.

gyi00550906250609181024qb5.jpg

gyi00550906170609181024mr1.jpg

In the first inning tonight in Florida, Ken Griffey Jr. became the sixth player in history with 600 HR.

3a86dc43573dadb4bad596140b449639-getty-80312980es009_reds_marlins.jpg

r3943466993.jpg

84d42a295698f1e9a29f0a72e66f3fb1-getty-80312980es011_reds_marlins.jpg

ce0328180f7fd6571e6b5468ca6cd6f0-getty-80312980es012_reds_marlins.jpg

d0372f20c57a24f63a67a2df3defcb0a-getty-80312980es016_reds_marlins.jpg

9727889a2cc3fdebcb13896d8fbe3434-getty-80312980es013_reds_marlins.jpg

csb1050610221024x768pi0.jpg

csb1010610201024x768zu4.jpg

5b724ae88bb8e5ac3b856b97f948ac885251d6.gif

Back
Top Bottom