The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Josh it was great talking to someone with similar passions as myself: Griffey, shoes, autographs and Reds baseball. I look forward to talking to you again real soon.
That would be NT's very own Jshortt.

^
eek.gif

but I wish they kept the swingman logo on the 600th tee...

^ yes, yes... that too...

and for the Mariners fans here... sorry Cincy fans, I couldn't resist...
laugh.gif

600mariners02mm2.jpg

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i wonder if this is what the Nike poster is gonna look like:
I hope it's something I haven't seen. We Seattlites got those in our newspapers.

Thank EVERY star in the solar system! Bill Bavasi has been FIRED! Maybe now the M's can make betteracquistions.

Maaaan, I've been M.I.A. from this thread and NT in general. Nick, it was good talking with you too. Small world, huh? Funny enough, you can actually seeme in the pic you took of the 600 unveiling. Most wouldn't know, I just saw me b/c I know where my seats are, lol.

I've got the expensive seats on Wednesday, so I'll try to bug Jr. about them again if I get the chance. I guess I should've paid more attention tothose 600 shirts this weekend, b/c I certainly didn't see the dated ones. Have to check on those tomorrow.

Peace,
J

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

did i just see j. rollins with the griffeys?

I was just gonna post that.

Orlando Hudson has also worn them the last few games

33213148gn5.jpg

pnc1020615001024x768nw7.jpg

and some players in the college world series have been wearing them

946fa6347fa04db8bf79b3eno1.jpg

Dang. This reminds of the late 90's.

On a Seattle related note. Check out Ichiro and the '96 Zoom Flights

ichirozoom96ad5.jpg

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Orlando Hudson has also worn them the last few games

33213148gn5.jpg

pnc1020615001024x768nw7.jpg

and some players in the college world series have been wearing them

946fa6347fa04db8bf79b3eno1.jpg
thanks for those pics.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

I just posted this in the MLB Feet thread...
Originally Posted by markyd33psu

I was at the Phillies-Red Sox game tonight, and in the top of the first inning I noticed that Jimmy Rollins' cleats had a surprising amount of white in them. I knew they weren't his 5-Tools, so I thought they were maybe the new Max MVP's. Since my seats were out in right field, I couldn't make them out from where I was sitting... so I got my camera out, zoomed in, and then zoomed in on my viewfinder to see what they were. I saw this:

My jaw dropped... Red Swingman Remix PE's! I was so pumped. I was rooting for the Sox, and because of the fact that they got killed, J-Roll's cleats were pretty much the highlight of my night. (Well, that and seeing Bartolo Colon swing so hard that his helmet flew off.)

A few others pics... and sorry for the poor quality--I left my good zoom lens at home:

EDIT: AP or Getty had no J-Roll cleat shots from tonight, but I just found this one:
Looks like Nike's pushing these hard. Several College World Series teams getting them, and MLB players outside of Junior himself gettingPE's... I like what I'm seeing.

Wow nice stuff.

J-roll wearing the Remixes.

I will be at the game tomorrow to catch the Jr. Tribute. Cant wait!

Man. Good to see Griffey's getting pushed. Kinda weird seeing all these guys wearing signatures of a current player.

good riddance on Bravasi... 'bout freakin time... can't believe its been 5 years already...
and McLaren seems like a nice guy, but probably he's next...

yeah, it does seem strange to see other players wearin grifs... especially since nobody else (if memory serves) had wore them in the past...

jshortt - how close are your expensive seats? I expect close-up photos!!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jshortt

Maaaan, I've been M.I.A. from this thread and NT in general. Nick, it was good talking with you too. Small world, huh? Funny enough, you can actually see me in the pic you took of the 600 unveiling. Most wouldn't know, I just saw me b/c I know where my seats are, lol.

I've got the expensive seats on Wednesday, so I'll try to bug Jr. about them again if I get the chance. I guess I should've paid more attention to those 600 shirts this weekend, b/c I certainly didn't see the dated ones. Have to check on those tomorrow.

Peace,
J
Josh-I spotted you in the pic!!! Obviously, I knew what you were wearing, so it wasn't too hard to spot! Very nice jersey of the Old Left Hander,I must say. Be sure to hit Jr up on the shoes. It's been far too long a wait for all of us Swingman fans. Nike is starting to make us feel like anunloved stepchild.

Nick

Originally Posted by SinnerP

yeah, it does seem strange to see other players wearin grifs... especially since nobody else (if memory serves) had wore them in the past...

Brady Anderson used to wear Griffeys... I'm not sure how consistently he wore them, but I remember seeing him wear at least two Griffey models. Here's the only shot I could find:

wow... didn't know that... that looks like the Kingdome too... perhaps he borrowed a pair from Jr. when he was there? Good find...

Back
Top Bottom