The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Jr. did not play tonight, but he did pinch hit (strikeout).

He was honored pre-game and it was great. They showed a video and Jr. spoke to the crowd.

The poster given away is the same one that was posted on the previous page, nothing too special though.

I will post pictures shortly.

there are some of the Nike Griffey posters that were given away at the game on Ebay.

99d9_1.JPG

Latest MLB player to wear the Swingman Remix...

Carl Crawford. It looks like he's got some Rays-colored accents on his... I'm excited to get a better view of these.

Here's a better look at Crawford's...

Carolina Blue accents really make these pop.

EDIT... here's another, even better pic:

Light blue swoosh too. These are absolutely gorgeous... I think this is my new favorite MLB PE.

nice Carolina, I mean University Blue accents on the Grifs... now how about something with teal and navy???

or give Big Ritchie a pair as a going-away present...

*waits for M's to release his @ss*

Originally Posted by SinnerP

or give Big Ritchie a pair as a going-away present...

*waits for M's to release his @ss*

How bout a big 'ol boot as a parting gift? Keep the Swingmans to those more deserving.

check a few pages back, he was wearing a version without cleats during BP. could be a sign of things to come.

I'm not sure how I feel about all these other players wearing the Remix's... some of these colorways arejust
eek.gif
but it just seems really weird to me to have a sig model shoe/cleat of a current player worn by a bunch of other currentplayers.

M1ke

^ I actually like it. It's marking the return of the Griffey signature line, which is probably the most successful sig collection in baseball history, andthe timing of it--Griffey's 20th year in the league, with the recent HR milestone--makes it feel like a tribute more than anything. Considering everythingthat's gone on in baseball in the last decade, a guy like Griffey (a superstar who did it the right way) is deserving of a tribute. Wearing a currentplayer's sig would seem strange to me if it were any other guy or any other sport... I think it's a classy gesture in this case.

babylebron:
I'm not sure how I feel about all these other players wearing the Remix's... some of these colorways are just
eek.gif
but it just seems really weird to me to have a sig model shoe/cleat of a current player worn by a bunch of other current players.
People wore Jordans when Jordan was playing. People wear LeBrons and LeBron's in the league. Heck, in 2004, in the Olympics, LeBron had onlyplayed one year in the league, but he wore the Zoom LeBron II in the white/blue colorway, and damn near everyone on one of the teams the USA played had on theZoom LeBron IIs as well.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by babylebron

I'm not sure how I feel about all these other players wearing the Remix's... some of these colorways are just
eek.gif
but it just seems really weird to me to have a sig model shoe/cleat of a current player worn by a bunch of other current players.

M1ke
Mike, I sorta know what you mean... but at the same time, its a way for other players to show some props for Jr... there aren't that many signaturebaseball cleats out there, so if guys wanna wear em, by all means...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

babylebron:
eek.gif
People wore Jordans when Jordan was playing. People wear LeBrons and LeBron's in the league. Heck, in 2004, in the Olympics, LeBron had only played one year in the league, but he wore the Zoom LeBron II in the white/blue colorway, and damn near everyone on one of the teams the USA played had on the Zoom LeBron IIs as well.
laugh.gif

yea but how many players got custom colorways of Jays when he was still in the league? Granted the OG IX and X PE'sthat Harold Minor, DA, Penny, Hubert Davis, etc etc wore are the greatest that have ever come out IMO, I'm not sure what years they were, was Mike retiredthen? And as for LeBrons, I'm pretty sure no one got custom colorways... It's one thing to have players wearing the sig model, but another for them tohave their own colorways of the shoe. That's just me and I can def see where you other guys are coming from...

M1ke

Back
Top Bottom