The last children by Truthgetsbusy

^ Yup.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
TruthGetsBusy wrote:

All you 89-92 kids that are mad I left yall out sound like......

ps ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS!

Brandy+I+Wanna+Be+Down+(Atlantic)+1994.jpg

pimp.gif
Joint is dope. Still rock to this song at least once aweek (Word to Hi-Five I like the way, the kissing game.
pimp.gif
Hell, I even havea whole 90's playlist worth of music on my ipod.
But like I said earlier, we keep looking at the negatives of the 90's, we aren't really being fair to all of the positive stuff that happened inthe 90's, and the new millenium as well.
We had martin, fresh prince, the jamie foxx show, the wayan's bros, etc. We had tevin campbell as a kid,(Even though I was very young when he started to beon), We have Kobe, Bron, we have a more exciting NBA, etc. And the 00's babies are going to be even better then us. Sure, it might have hindered somekid's socially, but not all. Imagine having the "Game" you 80's babies have, plus a sidekick or a iphone? straight piff if you askme
pimp.gif

I might be a little bias, but I love the 90's and I miss it.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Im not done.......

My man said Apple computers and Oregon Trail....remember the printer paper with the bread crust tear off. We didn't txt in class we passed notes. We read books for the Pizza Hut book-it program...all that for a personal pan. We had starter jackets. We knew how to draw. We had action figures. We thought Jurassic Park was crazy. We had scratch and sniff stickers and them smelly markers. We aint have X-box Live we had Sega in the house. We went to Arcades and played against people for quarters. We thought Killer Instinct had the best graphics ever. I swear man. We had NBA on NBC triple headers....that was the only time I was in the house.

Now we got 4th grade AAU soccer championships in Orlando....like why. They ain't pros. We got kids that are mini corporations before middle school. These kids need a childhood man.

that right there shuts down anything you 90s babies can come up with...lol

i was a huge tomboy so i wanted the Panthers joint so bad...had to settle for an Indians joint cuz that was the only one in my size and i knew if i didn't get one then i would never get one...

1ebel0.jpg

only pic i have of the jacket even though you cant see it...
pimp.gif
i loved that thing
frown.gif

90s R&B is ****t on anything out now...i'm just glad i was around for it
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

arent you 19-22? or am i thinking of thykerjobs
devil.gif

pimp.gif

our generation > ______

but i can't even lie, i did hate on the 3d sidewalk chalk these new kids got. either way, i'd hate to have grown up at any time other than the late80s/early 90s

as i was reading this, i felt everything you were writing. i was born in 85 also. i remember riding my bike with friends till dark. starting mini fires in thepark and stomping them out. i remember the most high tech thing for us was N64. Man, i didnt even have a cell phone in high school. ur right. we were kids.life was truly simple. at the same time i feel like this is there is such a decline in "realness" out there. there seemed to be a lot more respectout there towards others. where has it all gone?

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

pimp.gif

our generation > ______

but i can't even lie, i did hate on the 3d sidewalk chalk these new kids got. either way, i'd hate to have grown up at any time other than the late 80s/early 90s
chalk3d2.jpg

That just aint right....oh well, we had these though :

pogs-religious.jpg

and this

stretch-armstrong.jpg

and this
petmonstertoy2.jpg

toys that kept you active:
skipit.jpg

and

moon-shoes.jpg

the agro claw
roll.gif
pimp.gif

user-image-1233975228.jpg

Cool things you could find in your cereal:

il_430xN.77194830.jpg

those are the bycicle license plates you coulda found in honeycomb cereal

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

Cozy_Coupe4991.jpg

user-image-1224811089.jpg

user-image-1188359494_thumb.jpg

n11665.jpg

creepy-crawlers-workshop.jpg

hasbro-mb-games-hungry-hungry-hippos.jpg

pic62705_md.jpg

spiral%20football_2.jpg

user-image-1211816753.jpg

guess-who.jpg

koosh ball
pimp.gif

user-image-1178317012.jpg

mancala.jpg

user-image-1198830282.jpg

dnd%204%20lite%20brite.jpg

user-image-1174267727.jpg

wrestling-buddies.jpg

LilianVernonMcDonalds.jpg

playdoh2.jpg

user-image-1178317186.jpg

soda.jpg

drive in movie theatres
drivein3.jpg

omagles
Omagles_THE_Build_Anything_TOY.jpg

user-image-1222167226.jpg

user-image-1216781375.jpg

DynatechSlip%20n%20Slide_med.jpg

its slinky its slinky, everyone loves a slinky
user-image-1174269546.jpg

TieDyedSlapBracelets.jpg

user-image-1229296839.jpg

user-image-1223566734.jpg

red-fireball-yoyo.gif

What about the shows?

928a9324baf92e27.gif

1ef3024128a01b4be3455010._AA240_.L.jpg

saluteyourshortsuu9.png

nickelodeon-guts.jpg

wild and crazy kids

UY4ScS3Rfo1d19fjPOVUE7Cno1_500.jpg

afraidofthedark01.gif

ok im tired...

I was born in 94 but wasnt spoiled growing up..It just depends on your situation cause ive experienced most of those things...

Originally Posted by Tom Robinson

I was born in 94 but wasnt spoiled growing up..It just depends on your situation cause ive experienced most of those things...

Yea 91 here, and I went through all of that.
pimp.gif

OP on that LAST OF THE MOHICANS tip
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

We a dying breed....The last generation to have a real childhood

Iwas born in '85 but if you were born before '88 then you will understand this.....

We are the last children...the last generation of growing up without the internet. We grew up in the 80's/early 90's....this is when kids had lives. During this era kids had no choice but to go outside because the only thing poppin inside was Nintendo/Sega or some VHS tapes. From the city to burbs we had a crew of friends and just went out and about. We went on little missions to the corner store or in the woods or whatever. We played ball in the park til it got dark or the street lights came on. We played football in the streets. We rode bikes. We knocked on doors and ran. We ate candy and looked at dirty magazines. We had school clothes and play clothes. We seen Michael Jordan play. We had trading cards. We watched cartoons on Saturdays.

We are the last children...we didn't have swag. We didn't have myspace, facebook, twitter or whatever to connect us with people who we don't give a damn about. We didn't have our JV basketball roster posted on the school website. We couldn't google anybody, anything, anywhere. We didn't download music. We didn't have thousands of pictures of ourselves.

We are the last children because we didn't a cell phone to Jr/Sr year of high school. And that phone had a green background with black text. That phone was for calling/texting/snake/tetris and chirping if you was ballin.

This is not to hate on the younger generation but I feel for you guys. We know what its like to have peace and quiet. We know what its like to knock on somebody's door and ask their parents if they were home. We know what its like to call a girl on her house phone and hope she answers before her mama do. We know what it's like play a video game get all the way to the end and not be able to save your progress. We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape. We seen Michael Jackson when he was black.

I feel for the younger generation because every song has a sample from a older song, every movie is a remake of an older movie or cartoon. It's really sad the lack of oringinal entertainment these days. Every shoe you guys get is a retro or fusion. I feel for you guys. Trying to bring back high top fades and 80's fashion....why? Make your own mark on history.

We are the last children. I fear that we are slowly losing touch with reality. These kids are growing up soft, they are eating horrible, they getting fat, they don't have people skills, and by 18 they can't even get a date. As much good technology has done it has done bad. Please discuss NT.
Discuss what? I swear to God's omniscience... you hit the nail square on the head. I'mfairy impressed.... gat damn man
grin.gif
. What more could I even say?

EDIT: What the hell!? This thread is making me tearu eyed... whoa... so much nostalgia
smh.gif
. I don't wanna grow up anymore!!!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

pimp.gif

our generation > ______

but i can't even lie, i did hate on the 3d sidewalk chalk these new kids got. either way, i'd hate to have grown up at any time other than the late 80s/early 90s

That just aint right....oh well, we had these though :

pogs-religious.jpg

and this

stretch-armstrong.jpg

skipit.jpg

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

Cozy_Coupe4991.jpg

n11665.jpg

creepy-crawlers-workshop.jpg

hasbro-mb-games-hungry-hungry-hippos.jpg

pic62705_md.jpg

spiral%20football_2.jpg

guess-who.jpg

koosh ball
pimp.gif

user-image-1178317012.jpg

mancala.jpg

dnd%204%20lite%20brite.jpg

user-image-1174267727.jpg

wrestling-buddies.jpg

LilianVernonMcDonalds.jpg

playdoh2.jpg

user-image-1178317186.jpg

drive in movie theatres
drivein3.jpg

user-image-1222167226.jpg

user-image-1216781375.jpg

DynatechSlip%20n%20Slide_med.jpg

user-image-1174269546.jpg

TieDyedSlapBracelets.jpg

user-image-1223566734.jpg

red-fireball-yoyo.gif

928a9324baf92e27.gif

afraidofthedark01.gif

ok im tired...
born in 1990 and I remember using and seeing most of this...
pimp.gif

so don't be bashing us early 90's baby's....
laugh.gif
grin.gif

86 here. the new kids are lame. we are the greatest generation. internet has not ruined my mind.

Ahhhh.. You're tuggin' at the heart strings man.

I was born in 1985. I could feel my childhood being manifested through your words.

Summers were always particularly special when you are growing.

I can remember sitting in my room playing on mario for NES on 10" tv. Now look at kids and the video games they grow up with!

I can skip it and hula hoop ALL DAY lil girls get mad at me cuz I can hula longer than them. I used to be able to go from my arm to my neck to my waist. Now Ican only go neck to waist.

Originally Posted by JiveTurkey813

Iwas born in '85 but if you were born before '88 then you will understand this.....

We are the last children...the last generation of growing up without the internet. We grew up in the 80's/early 90's....this is when kids had lives. During this era kids had no choice but to go outside because the only thing poppin inside was Nintendo/Sega or some VHS tapes. From the city to burbs we had a crew of friends and just went out and about. We went on little missions to the corner store or in the woods or whatever. We played ball in the park til it got dark or the street lights came on. We played football in the streets. We rode bikes. We knocked on doors and ran. We ate candy and looked at dirty magazines. We had school clothes and play clothes. We seen Michael Jordan play. We had trading cards. We watched cartoons on Saturdays.

We are the last children...we didn't have swag. We didn't have myspace, facebook, twitter or whatever to connect us with people who we don't give a damn about. We didn't have our JV basketball roster posted on the school website. We couldn't google anybody, anything, anywhere. We didn't download music. We didn't have thousands of pictures of ourselves.

We are the last children because we didn't a cell phone to Jr/Sr year of high school. And that phone had a green background with black text. That phone was for calling/texting/snake/tetris and chirping if you was ballin.

This is not to hate on the younger generation but I feel for you guys. We know what its like to have peace and quiet. We know what its like to knock on somebody's door and ask their parents if they were home. We know what its like to call a girl on her house phone and hope she answers before her mama do. We know what it's like play a video game get all the way to the end and not be able to save your progress. We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape. We seen Michael Jackson when he was black.

I feel for the younger generation because every song has a sample from a older song, every movie is a remake of an older movie or cartoon. It's really sad the lack of oringinal entertainment these days. Every shoe you guys get is a retro or fusion. I feel for you guys. Trying to bring back high top fades and 80's fashion....why? Make your own mark on history.

We are the last children. I fear that we are slowly losing touch with reality. These kids are growing up soft, they are eating horrible, they getting fat, they don't have people skills, and by 18 they can't even get a date. As much good technology has done it has done bad. Please discuss NT.
indifferent.gif
Im not reading this novel homie

haha you were born after the 80's werent you?

Anyways this is
pimp.gif
, so true it made me smile thinking about back in theday. Kids these days dont know anything about just being a kid

glasses.gif
pogs! having the dope slammers and beating everyone, for all thosewho grew up in LA and remember walking the 3rd street promenade and puzzle zoo lol... and oregon trail! the og sim city I remember sitting in the library at myelementary school playing , saving quarters and riding your bikes to the candy store on the corner to buy a million water ballooons and spend hours fillingthem up and running around the neighborhood acting fools. I use to steal flowers out of my neighbors garden and then set up flower stands and sell them to allthe husbands on their way home, lemonade stands and car washes, I was like 7 trying to stack as much as I could and be independant
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom