"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

Still can’t get over MJ saying F rap when redman & method man wanting to meet lol
If it's one thing about MJ he does seem like a square brother that isn't in to rap.

I was surprised to see him dancing with the team in that video doing the Kool Moe Dee song.

But really though how wild is it to not be in to rap during the 90s? I blame where he was raised. If he was in BK during the early 80s he would have dropped an album in 94 and 98. With his attitude rap would be right up his alley.

If it's one thing about MJ he does seem like a square brother that isn't in to rap.

I was surprised to see him dancing with the team in that video doing the Kool Moe Dee song.

But really though how wild is it to not be in to rap during the 90s? I blame where he was raised. If he was in BK during the early 80s he would have dropped an album in 94 and 98. With his attitude rap would be right up his alley.
Sometimes those slow jams amp you up.
one of my samoan homey I played FB with set a combine bench record while listening to lovers rock reggae

He WAS in Brooklyn during that time, frequently visiting, but hanging out at SPIKE'S JOINT in Fort Greene. He and Branford Marsalis got into it IN Spike's Joint about Jordan being nothing but a country boy with bad musical tastes, right along with Damon Wayans who was seconding it.

Considering that Black people created country music? That does not surprise me one bit.

Smh, busterism.
Lol, ok. Anyways.

Yea, like I was saying. I didn't grow up listening to country music. Just wasn't played on the radio. MJ was born in 63. He was 20 by 83. Dude's 57. Hip hop wasn't main stream on national radio stations in the early 80's. What he listened to in the 60's and 70's is what he would have liked cause it was HIS era and childhood. I mean, dude's 57. I can't blame anyone 57 who doesn't listen to rap. What's wrong with liking R&B over rap? Different strokes for different folks.

Dj Red Alert is 60.
True, but does that mean now that everyone who is over 55 must listen to rap or they're weird? Red Alert was born and raised in N.Y and was exposed to hip hop at it's birth. He was apart of it's growth from the jump. He's a N.Y DJ so hip hop is his life. He was part of the movement and help grow the culture to where it is today and all that could have never happened if he wasn't from N.Y. How many 55 year old radio DJ's from North Carolina listen to rap? MJ's not from N.Y. Hip hop was not a thing where he grew up, and he wasn't exposed to it. It wasn't even on the radio. There's nothing wrong with liking R&B over rap or not liking Rap at all. Even within the genre, era's play a factor. I usually only listen to rap music that I listened to when I grew up from late 80's up to early 2000's. Not interested in much rap after that cause nostalgia no longer plays a facor for me and the vibe has totally changed.

Was it that old rhythm and blues-type stuff? Or, what exactly? I'm not doubting you, just want to know more.
It goes farther back than that. Most of it's roots can be traced to being birth by African American slaves. People assume that the banjo itself which is one of the few original staple instruments of country music is an American instrument, but it came from the banjar, an African instrument brought to America on slave ships as far back as the 17th century.

Republicans buy shoes too comment did not happen when Jordan was 55, as was his F rap comment. The two shows the mindset behind his political silence.

He didn’t push off in my opinion in what that word normally means.

He did what every perimeter does which is to use the off hand as leverage. It’s same as when you are dribbling and push off with that arm to keep a defender back. It’s just normal part of hoops. Don’t think a one hand push like Jordan’s would cause a NBA defender to actually fall down like Russell did unless Russell was already way out of position

True, but does that mean now that everyone who is over 55 must listen to rap or they're weird? Red Alert was born and raised in N.Y and was exposed to hip hop at it's birth. He was apart of it's growth from the jump. He's a N.Y DJ so hip hop is his life. He was part of the movement and help grow the culture to where it is today and all that could have never happened if he wasn't from N.Y. How many 55 year old radio DJ's from North Carolina listen to rap? MJ's not from N.Y. Hip hop was not a thing where he grew up, and he wasn't exposed to it. It wasn't even on the radio. There's nothing wrong with liking R&B over rap or not liking Rap at all. Even within the genre, era's play a factor. I usually only listen to rap music that I listened to when I grew up from late 80's up to early 2000's. Not interested in much rap after that cause nostalgia no longer plays a facor for me and the vibe has totally changed.
DJ Premier is 54 and from Texas. Only moved to BK when he was a teenager.

Also nobody was making this about liking R&B more than rap but you.

Back
Top Bottom