"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

Right thing to pocket as much money as possible. Kinda sad when a decade ago you weren't even pulling anything close.

Guccishades Guccishades in NYC ‘93:wow:
AAC0F4BD-18CD-4A52-A95B-6C08CE1D79CA.png

No one is living in the moment. They are simply saying if the 8th seed NY Knicks could have came out of the Eastern Conference then there was no reason to believe the Bulls on "tired legs" couldn't have.

That Knicks team wasn‘t your typical 8 seed though. Only 6 games separated the 8 seed from the 1 seed. Only 2 games between the 8 and 5 seeds. Had they played a full 82. The Knicks likely rise in the standings and teams like atlanta and Orlando who overachieved fall a bit.

That said. If the Bulls kept Jordan and Pippen and were able to make roster tweaks at the role player level, they likely would’ve came out the east every year until the Pistons broke through in 2003-04.

People forget how bad the East was some of those years. Similar to how Lebron led teams went to 8 straight finals and most of those years weren’t even challenged or how the Buffalo Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls in the 90’s.

Now is an older Bulls team beating the Duncan and Robinson Spurs? It’s a toss up. Are an even older Bulls team beating the Shaq and Kobe Lakers? Probably not. They would keep coming out the East by default. But those west teams from 99 and beyond would’ve been better than anything they would’ve faced prior.

These dudes are still hyper competitive, even though they’ve played on the big stage. Satisfaction still seems to be evading them.

As much as I would have liked to have seen that Bulls team keep going, I don't think I would have took it well watching them get knocked off and then go their separate ways. Having them go out on top sits better for me. :nthat:

As much as I would have liked to have seen that Bulls team keep going, I don't think I would have took it well watching them get knocked off and then go their separate ways. Having them go out on top sits better for me. :nthat:

Everything worked out the way it needed to. We’re the ones still wishing and what if’ ing after 20+ years :lol: :blush:

Last edited:
The "what ifs" would still exist, even if we got to witness the inevitable dethroning. It still kinda burns some of these almost 60 year old men that they couldn't beat that team.

If it’s been covered sorry for bringing this back up but I’m kind of late in watching the doc but I had a personal rule to only watch on my big tv with the boys. It’s that important to me. Forgive me but I want y’all opinion on this.

Anyway, what y’all think about the last shot “push off”? MJ dismisses it quick and even set it up by saying Russell played on his toes, etc. Russell’s momentum was hurling him the other way regardless but I feel like that slight contact helped create more separation and allowed MJ to “gather” himself as well. Watching it live I had always felt like he pushed off. I will say that back then I guess bc of tv quality it literally looked like he shoved him into the stands 😂

I never knew Reggie pushed off MJ also in the ECF. Don’t even remember the game but I only watched games on the weekend bc I was like 10 at the time. I do find it funny/interesting how Reggie openly admitted to pushing off but Jordan wasn’t entertaining the idea of pushing off Russell at all. I always LIKED the idea that he pushed off bc to me it was like that final “alpha dog” moment. Jordan’s jumper was 99 rating...he was making that shot with/without separation and balanced/off balance. Overall, loved the doc...made me tear many times and brought me back to being a kid and how much I wanted to be like Mike...

Last edited:
He didn’t push off in my opinion in what that word normally means.

He did what every perimeter does which is to use the off hand as leverage. It’s same as when you are dribbling and push off with that arm to keep a defender back. It’s just normal part of hoops. Don’t think a one hand push like Jordan’s would cause a NBA defender to actually fall down like Russell did unless Russell was already way out of position

Back
Top Bottom