"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

People saying Isiah Thomas is salty. Michael Jordan is the one still holding on to it. Isiah Thomas has to defend himself.

I don't think so. MJ gave Zeke his due in his hall of fame speech and even invited Zeke. Zeke never publicly credited Jordan for becoming better yet continued to downplay his accomplishments. so not sure about the whole defending himself. I believe anything that is associated with that Bulls team that embarrassed them in 91, he has great disdain at. I remember Zeke referring to Pippen as that "other guy". Zeke really has some issues even til this day. I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke will say that Lavar Ball is the GOAT.

I don't think so. MJ gave Zeke his due in his hall of fame speech and even invited Zeke.

True, but remember Jordan also invited his high school basketball coach who cut him. Jordan had to bring it up just to throw it in his face on how much of a mistake it was to do so. There’s no telling what MJ would’ve said in his speech if Thomas has shown up to the event.

True, but remember Jordan also invited his high school basketball coach who cut him. Jordan had to bring it up just to throw it in his face on how much of a mistake it was to do so. There’s no telling what MJ would’ve said in his speech if Thomas has shown up to the event.

Jordan could have rubbed it in if he wanted to. but rather mentioned all the players (names) that made him strive to become better. not sure about rubbing it in but I believe it was done in good fun rather than being salty about it. you know when people talk to each other back in the day. Zeke justs comes off different with those type of conversation like you can just feel envy. just think about it, despite how great Zeke was back in the 80s, you wouldn't talk about him unless your a Pistons fan. the 80s is pretty much identified as the Bird, Magic and Kareem era. I know that era is also stocked with great players but not as synonymous with how the NBA was identified. as a basketball player and a fan, I would even put Mchale and Worthy up there as well. man, Mchale was such a big headache and can make these current big men in the NBA look like amateurs.

People saying Isiah Thomas is salty. Michael Jordan is the one still holding on to it. Isiah Thomas has to defend himself.

it’s crazy how those dudes still hold a grudge damn near 30 years later and show no sign of ever sitting down and talking and what have you.

Those Pistons teams were one of the most underrated championship teams ever, beat the Bird led Celtics, stopped the Bulls on their rise to the top, beat an injured Laker team in 89, but almost beat them in 88 as well. Those teams pushed Chicago, made them tough physically and mentally and brought out the best in them.

Isiah and Magic had a falling out which took years to reconcile as well.

Isiah Thomas retiring at 32 years old hurts him too. Not many folks remember him as a player. I do believe him when he said he had nothing left in the tank. He only got that ‘93 All Star starting berth due to the fans, ‘94 his season ended. If he was able to push out another season, that would’ve taken him to the 94-95 season , and he likely would’ve been a fringe starter. Maybe a 6th Man.

That Summer of ‘94 he wasn’t able to play USA Basketball due to injury (blown Achilles). The arrival of Grant Hill that fall, the always steady Joe Dumars (who pushed out another All-Star berth in 1997), and Allan Houston. Lots of what ifs if he were healthy.

So where would ya rank Zeke in terms of PGs? The 80s had Stockton, Magic. 90s had Kid, AI, etc. 2000s had Nash, CP3, etc. We obviously got Russ, Steph, Dame, etc.

Everyone will always have MJ as the #1 SG.

I've never seen Jordan sit with his peers, then chopping it up about the time in which they competed. Never. He does not talk about anything, which leads me to the conclusion that there is something terribly wrong there, even in retirement. He's got beef with Barkley, of which I understand, but what kind of beef would he have with someone like Hakeem? I am aware of how competitive he was with Reggie Miller, but Miller speaks highly of him, so where is the beef? Let's say if there were a sit down with Russell, Kareem, Doc J, Oscar Robertson, Duncan (Kobe omitted due to the tragedy), and LeBron, for a sit down, the best of each generation, do you think that Jordan would show up?

I don't think that he would.

I've never seen Jordan sit with his peers, then chopping it up about the time in which they competed. Never. He does not talk about anything, which leads me to the conclusion that there is something terribly wrong there, even in retirement. He's got beef with Barkley, of which I understand, but what kind of beef would he have with someone like Hakeem? I am aware of how competitive he was with Reggie Miller, but Miller speaks highly of him, so where is the beef? Let's say if there were a sit down with Russell, Kareem, Doc J, Oscar Robertson, Duncan (Kobe omitted due to the tragedy), and LeBron, for a sit down, the best of each generation, do you think that Jordan would show up?

I don't think that he would.

I would think it is just their personality. I came to love basketball because of how they played the game and not because of how they conduct themselves outside the court like some speak highly of themselves which imo leads to more scrutiny to their game. Personality wise, KOBE would be the one that caters both skill and outside demeanor if the criteria we are looking for the goat involves being a great spokesperson. Maybe Magic is a better spokesperson but skillwise, Kobe was at that level close to MJ.

I would think it is just their personality. I came to love basketball because of how they played the game and not because of how they conduct themselves outside the court like some speak highly of themselves which imo leads to more scrutiny to their game. Personality wise, KOBE would be the one that caters both skill and outside demeanor if the criteria we are looking for the goat involves being a great spokesperson. Maybe Magic is a better spokesperson but skillwise, Kobe was at that level close to MJ.
I disagree with you about Kobe Bryant. Kobe played it far too close to the vest, much like Jordan, in regard to his off court position, then being considered the GOAT. Bill Russell never hid his disdain for racism, as he does not even state that he played for the city of Boston. He says that he played for the Celtics. He was never questioned in regard to his effort, nor his game due to his stance. Kareem was indeed chided, called lazy, didn't look as if he was playing with much effort, and the critics skewered him, most notably by Rick Barry. Kareem won at every level, yet that did not stop him from speaking out against social injustice, and the Black plight in America.
It was because of OJ Simpson's influence, Jordan took the silent route, and that became the example for the Black athlete until the WNBA came on the scene, and when Carmelo, LeBron, CP3, Wade decided to become more vocal about Black men being targeted by the police.

So you may ask, what does social justice have to do with being considered the GOAT?

Well, it is because of the platform, and then what has been denied to the Black athlete, Black people, since the inception of this country. It was always about the Black athlete being an example for Black people, ala Joe Louis, what they FORCED him to be. If you are a Black champion, you know of what it took for you to over come those obstacles, and then how to leave the ladder down for those who come after you, those Black people who cheered you on.

Neither Kobe, NOR Jordan did that. What Jordan left behind, was through happenstance. It was a blueprint, one that was missing a very important tidbit. You should not have to be afraid of talking about being Black, in order to be a success in this world.

It is also the reason why we will never again hear of anyone white being called the GOAT in the NBA anymore. There is no struggle for greatness, while living with white privilege.

I think that Jordan may wind up crying in the presence of those great athletes, those who did not duck.

I disagree with you about Kobe Bryant. Kobe played it far too close to the vest, much like Jordan, in regard to his off court position, then being considered the GOAT. Bill Russell never hid his disdain for racism, as he does not even state that he played for the city of Boston. He says that he played for the Celtics. He was never questioned in regard to his effort, nor his game due to his stance. Kareem was indeed chided, called lazy, didn't look as if he was playing with much effort, and the critics skewered him, most notably by Rick Barry. Kareem won at every level, yet that did not stop him from speaking out against social injustice, and the Black plight in America.
It was because of OJ Simpson's influence, Jordan took the silent route, and that became the example for the Black athlete until the WNBA came on the scene, and when Carmelo, LeBron, CP3, Wade decided to become more vocal about Black men being targeted by the police.

So you may ask, what does social justice have to do with being considered the GOAT?

Well, it is because of the platform, and then what has been denied to the Black athlete, Black people, since the inception of this country. It was always about the Black athlete being an example for Black people, ala Joe Louis, what they FORCED him to be. If you are a Black champion, you know of what it took for you to over come those obstacles, and then how to leave the ladder down for those who come after you, those Black people who cheered you on.

Neither Kobe, NOR Jordan did that. What Jordan left behind, was through happenstance. It was a blueprint, one that was missing a very important tidbit. You should not have to be afraid of talking about being Black, in order to be a success in this world.

It is also the reason why we will never again hear of anyone white being called the GOAT in the NBA anymore. There is no struggle for greatness, while living with white privilege.

I think that Jordan may wind up crying in the presence of those great athletes, those who did not duck.

fair point. I guess being called as such is also highly political as much as highly skilled as well nowadays.

Well Kobe Bryant growing up rich and abroad in Italy until 13-14 is one reason why he never spoke up.

I don’t believe he got his negro wake up call until Colorado happened in 2003.

Well Kobe Bryant growing up rich and abroad in Italy until 13-14 is one reason why he never spoke up.

I don’t believe he got his negro wake up call until Colorado happened in 2003.

anything that sounded like a Monica Lewinski case shouldn't be even talked about.

Back
Top Bottom