"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

Like Charles Barkley (who also had a fall out with Jordan because in his job he critiqued his friend’s job at ownership) said “I’m not a role model.”

Don’t expect everyone to be Lebron like. Successful people are usually insufferable. See all the Ellen kerfluffle earlier this year.
LeBron allowed himself his humanity. Of course while on court all of the histrionics can be a bit overwhelming, silly to the eye. I personally hate his complaining. However, while he does not have the record in the finals of a Jordan led team, LeBron builds better teams than Jordan ever could/can. Off court, LeBron's humanity is not even close to being in question.

LeBron allowed himself his humanity. Of course while on court all of the histrionics can be a bit overwhelming, silly to the eye. I personally hate his complaining. However, while he does not have the record in the finals of a Jordan led team, LeBron builds better teams than Jordan ever could/can. Off court, LeBron's humanity is not even close to being in question.

You defend Lebron the same way others defend Jordan. You're doing the same celebrity/hero worshipping you accuse others of, hypocrite.

1607965860378.jpeg

You defend Lebron the same way others defend Jordan. You're doing the same celebrity/hero worshipping you accuse others of, hypocrite.
You obviously cannot read, then not understanding context either.

I worship nobody but the all seeing, all knowing.

Last I looked, LeBron James isn't that.

However, while he does not have the record in the finals of a Jordan led team, LeBron builds better teams than Jordan ever could/can. Off court, LeBron's humanity is not even close to being in question.

lebron "building teams" is a weakness, not a strength. It's a a cheat code rather than fighting for it and earning it.

And "humanity" has very little to do with being the greatest basketball player of all time. That's called reaching. Jordan just donated 2 mil to charity for Thanksgiving. That also has nothing to do with him being the GOAT.

lebron "building teams" is a weakness, not a strength. It's a a cheat code rather than fighting for it and earning it.

And "humanity" has very little to do with being the greatest basketball player of all time. That's called reaching. Jordan just donated 2 mil to charity for Thanksgiving. That also has nothing to do with him being the GOAT.

Funny how even custom building his own teams he still trails MJ in the championship ring department. MJ will forever be the modern day basketball goat :emoji_muscle:

Props to MJ for his charity contributions too.

Yeah, I hear you. Building a team to win is a weakness, just as long as it is left up to a front office that does not know how to BUILD one, correct? Hi Cleveland. Congrats on your championship.

Some people fight with intelligence, utilizing skill, technique, then there is the individual that simply continues to beat his head against a brick wall, then expecting change. There is indeed a choice of weapons here.

To allow yourself your humanity means to allow yourself to make mistakes, be human, show emotions that are thought to be reserved for those that are deemed lesser. Such OPPRESSIVE rules should only be abided by those who consider themselves slaves, with no will to fight. Intelligence suggests that though the examination of one's humanity, you'll find the will to win, which in turns means If There Is A Will, There Is A Way.

Finally, ANYONE can throw money at a problem, especially when they seem to not have a horse in the race.

LeBron isn't perfect, complains too much on court, flops, has bad hair, should not have agreed to Space Jam II, but all of that really does not matter. He isn't Jordan, and he should be proud of that.

Ken Burns Slams Michael Jordan Doc ‘Last Dance:’ ‘Not the Way You Do Good Journalism’

ESPN’s Michael Jordan docuseries “The Last Dance” has captured the attention of just about every basketball fan around the globe, except for documentarian Ken Burns.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Burns reveals that he hasn’t watched “The Last Dance” and he fundamentally disagrees with how it was made.

Michael Jordan’s production company, Jump 23, is listed as a partner on the series, meaning that he could have had some say in how it portrayed him. Burns said that he would “never, never, never, never” agree to a partnership like that on a documentary.

“If you are there influencing the very fact of it getting made, it means that certain aspects that you don’t necessarily want in aren’t going to be in, period,” he said. “And that’s not the way you do good journalism…and it’s certainly not the way you do good history, my business.”

Ken Burns Slams Michael Jordan Doc ‘Last Dance:’ ‘Not the Way You Do Good Journalism’

ESPN’s Michael Jordan docuseries “The Last Dance” has captured the attention of just about every basketball fan around the globe, except for documentarian Ken Burns.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Burns reveals that he hasn’t watched “The Last Dance” and he fundamentally disagrees with how it was made.

Michael Jordan’s production company, Jump 23, is listed as a partner on the series, meaning that he could have had some say in how it portrayed him. Burns said that he would “never, never, never, never” agree to a partnership like that on a documentary.

“If you are there influencing the very fact of it getting made, it means that certain aspects that you don’t necessarily want in aren’t going to be in, period,” he said. “And that’s not the way you do good journalism…and it’s certainly not the way you do good history, my business.”

So you’re propping up a white man in order to slander a black man?

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

So you’re propping up a white man in order to slander a black man?

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
Are you Black?:lol:

Surely you jest.

If Burns were speaking about Jordan's Blackness? I'd go in. However, he is talking about Jordan's intentions here, of which Pippen, who happens to be Black btw, questions as well.

Craig Hodges: “One of the things as players we call this a fraternity. So I’m watching the first episode and I was upset about the ‘cocaine circus.’ That bothered me because I was thinking about the brothers who are on that picture with you who have to explain to their families who are getting ready to watch this great Michael Jordan documentary event and they know you’re on the team, and now you’ve got to explain that to a 12-year-old boy… Then the Scottie Pippen part. Scottie was ‘selfish’. C’mon man, c’mon. And then last night with Horace, that hurt me. I’m letting MJ know that that ain’t right, dude. Horace did not deserve to take the fall for ‘Jordan Rules’. If MJ knows something else and knows Horace’s motive, then tell us how Horace did it for my sake, because I’m your teammate brother, just like they are, and I’m kind of salty how everybody got interviewed but me.

Are you Black?:lol:

Surely you jest.

If Burns were speaking about Jordan's Blackness? I'd go in. However, he is talking about Jordan's intentions here, of which Pippen, who happens to be Black btw, questions as well.

You’re way too emotional about Michael Jordan. At this point you’re the only person keeping this thread alive as some sort of personal crusade against Mike.

You’re way too emotional about Michael Jordan. At this point you’re the only person keeping this thread alive as some sort of personal crusade against Mike.

What do you mean by emotional?

Is that supposed to be an insult?

What's next? The typical MJ must've smashed your girl in the way you are speaking...:lol:

If you do not like discussion, nor participating in such? Why don't you simply not participate?

What do you mean by emotional?

Is that supposed to be an insult?

What's next? The typical MJ must've smashed your girl in the way you are speaking...:lol:

If you do not like discussion, nor participating in such? Why don't you simply not participate?

You have a dictionary that I’m sure you can utilize to understand the definition of the word.

You aren’t really discussing anything at all. Every time someone says something bad at Mike, you come in here running as if you’ve found some sort of smoking gun

You’ve added nothing at all to this so called discussion

You have a dictionary that I’m sure you can utilize to understand the definition of the word.

You aren’t really discussing anything at all. Every time someone says something bad at Mike, you come in here running as if you’ve found some sort of smoking gun

You’ve added nothing at all to this so called discussion
So, why don't you tell Methodical Management Methodical Management ?

MICHAEL JORDAN BARELY ESCAPED A BEATDOWN FROM MIKE TYSON OVER RELATIONSHIP WITH ROBIN GIVENS

“The Last Dance” celebrates Michael Jordan’s iconic legacy and his final season with the Chicago Bulls during the 1997-1998 season, and while it is receiving rave reviews, it doesn’t dive to everything that happened to Jordan.

Jordan almost had his “last meal” way back in 1988 during an uncomfortable dinner in Chicago when Jordan and Mike Tyson were among the select few celebrating Hall of Fame Bears defensive end Richard Dent’s 28th birthday in Chicago.

Bears coach Mike Ditka, Don King and Tyson co-manager Rory Holloway were among the guests that attended this party, which took place shortly after the Bulls played the Atlanta Hawks on Dec. 13, 1988.

The heavyweight champion Tyson was currently in the midst of a bitter breakup with ex-wife Robin Givens, and he was well aware that Jordan had previously dated her during his developmental days leading the Bulls. Everything was going fine until Tyson started downing a few drinks and became livid at the sight of MJ.

Holloway, who was Tyson’s manager until 1998, wrote the following passage in his memoir, titled, “Taming the Beast: The Untold Story of Team Tyson.”

“Mike Tyson’s sitting there with his drink of choice, a Long Island Tea, and when he drinks his real feelings come out.

“I’m telling the server to water his drinks down ‘cause I see where this is going. Mike stares across the table at Michael Jordan. He says, ‘Hey man, you think I’m stupid? I know you f—-d with my b—h.’

“Jordan looks like he just seen a ghost. ‘I know you messed with her,’ Mike says. ‘You can tell me.’

“Jordan, it’s obvious he just wants to get up and run. He wants no part of this. Mike turns to Ditka. ‘Man, you think somebody scared of you, all that racist s–t you been talking?’ He says to Dent, ‘Y’all scared of this damn white man, Richard? He ain’t nobody. You gonna let him talk that way?’

“It was a circus, for real, that night. Don King trying to change the subject. Me and John trying to hold Mike down. Mike telling everyone he’s going to bust Jordan’s ***. Jordan’s dressed sharp as always and he can’t get out of there fast enough.”

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican :lol:

Nobod
MICHAEL JORDAN BARELY ESCAPED A BEATDOWN FROM MIKE TYSON OVER RELATIONSHIP WITH ROBIN GIVENS

“The Last Dance” celebrates Michael Jordan’s iconic legacy and his final season with the Chicago Bulls during the 1997-1998 season, and while it is receiving rave reviews, it doesn’t dive to everything that happened to Jordan.

Jordan almost had his “last meal” way back in 1988 during an uncomfortable dinner in Chicago when Jordan and Mike Tyson were among the select few celebrating Hall of Fame Bears defensive end Richard Dent’s 28th birthday in Chicago.

Bears coach Mike Ditka, Don King and Tyson co-manager Rory Holloway were among the guests that attended this party, which took place shortly after the Bulls played the Atlanta Hawks on Dec. 13, 1988.

The heavyweight champion Tyson was currently in the midst of a bitter breakup with ex-wife Robin Givens, and he was well aware that Jordan had previously dated her during his developmental days leading the Bulls. Everything was going fine until Tyson started downing a few drinks and became livid at the sight of MJ.

Holloway, who was Tyson’s manager until 1998, wrote the following passage in his memoir, titled, “Taming the Beast: The Untold Story of Team Tyson.”

“Mike Tyson’s sitting there with his drink of choice, a Long Island Tea, and when he drinks his real feelings come out.

“I’m telling the server to water his drinks down ‘cause I see where this is going. Mike stares across the table at Michael Jordan. He says, ‘Hey man, you think I’m stupid? I know you f—-d with my b—h.’

“Jordan looks like he just seen a ghost. ‘I know you messed with her,’ Mike says. ‘You can tell me.’

“Jordan, it’s obvious he just wants to get up and run. He wants no part of this. Mike turns to Ditka. ‘Man, you think somebody scared of you, all that racist s–t you been talking?’ He says to Dent, ‘Y’all scared of this damn white man, Richard? He ain’t nobody. You gonna let him talk that way?’

“It was a circus, for real, that night. Don King trying to change the subject. Me and John trying to hold Mike down. Mike telling everyone he’s going to bust Jordan’s ***. Jordan’s dressed sharp as always and he can’t get out of there fast enough.”

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican :lol:

That is as funny story. Wonder if Mike would talk about it today in detail.

Hmm, I have to pay more attention to that. But that is a wild story if it is true man.
It's true. Not only is it true, but there are other stories that I can personally share, but this thread isn't about Mike Tyson. That mofo was CRAZY about Robin.

Back
Top Bottom