"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

:emoji_fire: Heat Check
f938feba0ae21e47e34995583e545076.jpg

Wore the original Concords in 1996 in their loss at Toronto. Photos don’t exist. I posted in the JB forum probably over a decade ago asking if anybody could find any pics after scouring the internet myself. That was before the full game and highlights were on YouTube. A couple of crappy screenshots, but go watch for yourself if you want to see 3 pairs of Concords on the court at the same time.

B7BF4747-C354-4C6A-9106-DCC0BAF2B684.jpeg

2AC54B42-5099-453B-B679-4A226CB0EFB2.jpeg

Best look is probably the zoomed slow mo replay of Pip leading the break at the 5:00 mark of the vid...

Incorrect on both counts. Wore the original Concords in 1996 in their loss at Toronto. Photos don’t exist. I posted in the JB forum probably over a decade ago asking if anybody could find any pics after scouring the internet myself. That was before the full game and highlights were on YouTube. A couple of crappy screenshots, but go watch for yourself if you want to see 3 pairs of Concords on the court at the same time.

Best look is probably the zoomed slow mo replay of Pip leading the break at the 5:00 mark of the vid...

He was talking about the WC3's. Good find tho.
f938feba0ae21e47e34995583e545076.jpg

Wore the original Concords in 1996 in their loss at Toronto. Photos don’t exist. I posted in the JB forum probably over a decade ago asking if anybody could find any pics after scouring the internet myself. That was before the full game and highlights were on YouTube. A couple of crappy screenshots, but go watch for yourself if you want to see 3 pairs of Concords on the court at the same time.

I'm sure there are pics on Getty images, there are tons of pics from the 95-96 season of all teams.

I learned something today, this is great. :wow:

This is why people shouldn't abandon NT, it fills a niche that social media can't.

I'm sure there are pics on Getty images, there are tons of pics from the 95-96 season of all teams.

I learned something today, this is great. :wow:

This is why people shouldn't abandon NT, it fills a niche that social media can't.
Please find me pics. Been damn near 14 years for me searching. I’ll send you some gift $ through PayPal if you do.

My thread from back in ‘07: https://niketalk.com/threads/picture-request-scottie-pippen-wearing-concord-xi.26040/

I remembered watching that 96' Bulls team games religiously. I almost watched all 82 games. for some reason I wasn't able to watch a few of those games that they lost. also, missed a few games with them against the Knicks in the post-season only because I was out of town during those dates. I've read it in the newspaper though.

I remembered watching that 96' Bulls team games religiously. I almost watched all 82 games. for some reason I wasn't able to watch a few of those games that they lost. also, missed a few games with them against the Knicks in the post-season only because I was out of town during those dates. I've read it in the newspaper though.
I saw all of their playoff games and at least 40 regular season games.

I watched the back-to-back losses in Denver and Phoenix. Laphonso Ellis blocked MJ off of a double-team in the final seconds.

I saw all of their playoff games and at least 40 regular season games.

I watched the back-to-back losses in Denver and Phoenix. Laphonso Ellis blocked MJ off of a double-team in the final seconds.

most of those losses were decided by a field goal. the scary part of that 96 Team is they seem to be cruising in the regular season and on a bad day, they were still tough to beat. the only teams that scared me were the Knicks and Magic. I was hopeful about the Warriors though since they were showing signs of that greatness when they broke the Bulls record, but then came the playoffs and the collapse to a mediocre team like the Cavs. it showed nobody could have matched that Bulls team in today's modern era. other than the Bulls, there were a lot of NBA teams that I would pick over today's Super teams. East - Knicks, Pacers, Magic. West - Rockets, Spurs, Utah, Sonics. fun times.

Thread

A LOng thread

This was great, thanks for helping me kill my afternoon at work.

I’ll never forget that putback Jordan had in Houston in front of Hakeem. It’s burned into my mind.

Some random thoughts about that season: Pippen was SO damn good in the mid-‘90s. Those years of his career have become criminally underrated as time has passed. Longley’s improvement from his first season with the Bulls to the second 3-peat years is pretty wild. His stats might not show it too much, but watch some Bulls games from 1994-95 and there’s no way he’d be able to compete in a Finals environment. The Bulls @ Lakers game during Magic’s comeback was a huge event! I just rewatched that game a couple of weeks ago, after reading ‘Three Ring Circus’ and Magic’s return sounding like such a mess for the franchise. And Rodman was on an absolute mission in his first season with the Bulls. He looked to always be intensely engaged, and I feel like everybody has forgotten about how great of a passer he was in Chicago. Not only on the outlets, but in the half-court too.

This was great, thanks for helping me kill my afternoon at work.

I’ll never forget that putback Jordan had in Houston in front of Hakeem. It’s burned into my mind.

Some random thoughts about that season: Pippen was SO damn good in the mid-‘90s. Those years of his career have become criminally underrated as time has passed. Longley’s improvement from his first season with the Bulls to the second 3-peat years is pretty wild. His stats might not show it too much, but watch some Bulls games from 1994-95 and there’s no way he’d be able to compete in a Finals environment. The Bulls @ Lakers game during Magic’s comeback was a huge event! I just rewatched that game a couple of weeks ago, after reading ‘Three Ring Circus’ and Magic’s return sounding like such a mess for the franchise. And Rodman was on an absolute mission in his first season with the Bulls. He looked to always be intensely engaged, and I feel like everybody has forgotten about how great of a passer he was in Chicago. Not only on the outlets, but in the half-court too.
Indeed. Pippen became a household name overnight. We knew he was good but we didn't knew how better he became. while everyone was so into Jordan, I was looking at Pippen. too bad he didn't have a lot of signature shoes.

We all heard the Garnett/MJ trash talk story, but KG saying michael has a guy who pulls up highlights videos when they meet😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom