"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

Post evidence of this claim.

A few videos of instances doesn't support the claim of, "Majority of his career he wasn't clutch."

You made the claim, please provide the evidence.

Show evidence of any of this from the eras in which we didn't have detailed stat tracking.
🤣 Bro, you're the last person I'm going to try and prove anything to. You like to argue for the sake of arguing and you don't know what you're talking about most of the time.

This stuff is old news, just go find the Twitter thread that talks about this. 😂 You're not gonna put me to work just so you can be entertained.

🤣 Bro, you're the last person I'm going to try and prove anything to. You like to argue for the sake of arguing and you don't know what you're talking about most of the time.

This stuff is old news, just go find the Twitter thread that talks about this. 😂 You're not gonna put me to work just so you can be entertained.

Makes a claim.
Gets asked to support said claim.
Fails to support evidence.
Resorts to the, "You just want to argue" card.

Got it.

Go on about your business then.

Makes a claim.

Got it.

Makes a claim.
Gets asked to support said claim.

Got it.

20210703_224256.gif

:rofl: :rofl:

" but for the majority of his career he wasn't clutch. " 8)

Playoff Years: 1997-2003

Playoff Teams: Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets, Portland Trail Blazers

Total Clutch Minutes Played: 153

Scottie Pippen may never have won a title if he didn't have the luxury of suiting up next to Michael Jordan, but it's not as if he was out of his league when serving as the clear-cut leader of a team. As good as he was in clutch situations while playing for the Chicago Bulls, his work during the 2000 postseason is actually what earns him a featured spot in these rankings.

During his first go-round with the Portland Trail Blazers, Pippen was virtually unstoppable, and we're not even factoring in his legendary defensive skills here. Though his scoring had declined during the regular season (12.5 points per game, which was then his worst mark since his rookie season), he was up to the challenge when games were tight in the playoffs.

That postseason alone, Pippen spent 30 minutes on the floor in crunch-time situations, and his Clutch Rating was a sterling 76.7, narrowly beating out Shaquille O'Neal for the top score among everyone who played at least a full quarter of heart-pounding action.

Why? Because he was always on the attack, working his way to the charity stripe and converting at an 83.3 percent clip. Per 36 minutes, he averaged 26.4 points, 13.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists for Rip City, and there's nothing in that statistical profile that indicates he was a lifelong second fiddle.

NBA Playoff History Clutch Meter: The Top 25 Late-Game Players in Recent Memory: https://tinyurl.com/3dn9nesu

I have to give my 2 cents on this one regarding PiP's time as a Blazer. while he was really good after having a disastrous time with the Rockets, he didn't do enough against the Lakers. he could have taken over but instead, delegated to Bonzi Wells and Steve Smith. I know that because my brother and I were religiously following and wanting the Blazers to win. also one of the dumbest plays is making Sabonis their point man for the offense. that idiot is one of the reasons they lost as well. poor Sheed tried so hard to get them back in the game.

I have to give my 2 cents on this one regarding PiP's time as a Blazer. while he was really good after having a disastrous time with the Rockets, he didn't do enough against the Lakers. he could have taken over but instead, delegated to Bonzi Wells and Steve Smith. I know that because my brother and I were religiously following and wanting the Blazers to win. also one of the dumbest plays is making Sabonis their point man for the offense. that idiot is one of the reasons they lost as well. poor Sheed tried so hard to get them back in the game.
Don't waste your time arguing with him.

There are tons of examples of Pippen choking throughout his entire career.

Mainly all on the offensive end though, for the most part his defense stayed strong.

Lakers had no answer for Sheed in that series.

Yea Pippen moved to the background during certain times but I wonder if that was simply due to age and having to do so much for the squad.

He was a primary ball-handler, defender. Scoring was never something he greatly excelled in, he COULD score but his offensive game was more supportive than anything.

That squad deserved better man.

Looking at the Series Breakdown, I would have imagined Bonzi's numbers looking better. But he was only getting about 18 MPG so he was very productive when he saw time on the floor.

Still believe Nick makes that steal because Mike didn’t have a clue that he was behind him. That play always gets mentioned but the next series MJ also turned it over trying to get the ball to Pip.
With everything coming out clearly Pip is trying to sell his book and his new bourbon. He hired some PR team who advised him that controversy sells so of course he is popping off but a larger part of him has always been in-secure about his secondary role to MJ.
No one should diminish Pip’s role as one of the best players in league history (see his 94 season) but it should also be noted that Pip also has a long history of folding under pressure.

but it should also be noted that Pip also has a long history of folding under pressure.
Just to be clear on my comments about Pippen because I might not have been clear.

I acknowledge that he had moments where he didn't step up in clutch situations, but I know that without actual statistical evidence we really don't KNOW how he faired in the clutch as a whole.

We know (big) moments can cloud our judgement and push us into believing things happen more often than they really do.

I am simply saying I would like to see actual clutch stats from previous eras.

But unfortunately, those things weren't tracked at the time.

I am NOT saying Pippen is a clutch player, I am saying I don't REALLY know.

In 94, where are we ranking Pip amongst the Ewing’s, Hakeems, Malone’s, Barkeley, Rice, Shaq, etc?

That was a good Chicago team despite the absence of MJ. I think Horace left the next season because the two Jerry’s low balled him.

In 94, where are we ranking Pip amongst the Ewing’s, Hakeems, Malone’s, Barkeley, Rice, Shaq, etc?

That was a good Chicago team despite the absence of MJ. I think Horace left the next season because the two Jerry’s low balled him.
it was a good team not because it was full of superstars, but the chemistry was amazing. one of the teams that could have been champions. I still love the Sacramento Kings though. now that team was great and that dirty scoundrel Stern did nothing.

Could have won a championship in 94 and 95?

Obviously they were champions with Michael (and Horace still on the roster). But the Sonics, Jazz, Suns, Knicks, Pacers and Magic were all top competitors.

Obviously they were champions with Michael (and Horace still on the roster). But the Sonics, Jazz, Suns, Knicks, Pacers and Magic were all top competitors.

They were solid but nobody thought they had a chance of winning without JOrdan there.

I’m being Flagrant. I think they were one of the teams favored to come out of the East.

I think those dern Pacers were the dark horse coming out of nowhere to challenge the Knicks.

The Jazz were always a good team and with the mid 90s ascended to top 3 West Coast team (jostling with the Rockets, Sonics, etc).

It’s crazy how competitive it was. Those Bulls with MJ were incredible.

being a classic 90s Bulls fan, that era of basketball scared me a lot. the Knicks and Magic were really scary strong and were super teams. in the West, Spurs, Sonics, Rockets, Jazz are also considered as Super Teams by today's standard. either of those teams could be champions.

Where are they getting those odds from? Cavs and Hornets lol
Official Vegas odds at the time.

You are looking at those teams in Retrospect/After the Fact.

But remember what those teams had going into those seasons.

Any team with Price/Brad Daugherty stood a chance with Jordan out of the picture.

The Hornets had one of the best frontcourts in the league in LJ and Zo not to mention a good supporting cast.

Point being, the BUlls were never favored to win a ring. Not by any stretch.

Back
Top Bottom