"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

Price and Daughtery? Even in those years, I didn’t have high regards.

I’ll admit the young tandem of Alonzo and LJ had potential. Sucks that team got canabilized for stupid trades. Heat won in that trade. Knicks knicked. Beginning of the end of the Ewing era.

I love basketball. Maybe rose tinted…but that was the most exciting and hyped era thanks to the Great One (and Larry and Magic). Just the presence of amazing centers. Ewing, Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson. Less so Zo, Smits, etc.

Glad we had a MVP race of Embiid and Jokic. But we’ll probably never see a dominant group of centers like that at one time.

Price was an All-star from 91 94.

Brad Daugherty was an All Stat in 93.

Not too many teams had 2 all-stars.

So yea, CLE had promise once MJ moved out of the way.

What was your beef with themthem

Price was an All-star from 91 94.

Brad Daugherty was an All Stat in 93.

Not too many teams had 2 all-stars.

So yea, CLE had promise once MJ moved out of the way.

What was your beef with themthem
I get on paper. I just don’t remember them making noise like that during the era. Were they a good team? Sure.

I know the argument today is against the depth at that time. But pardon the pun, the East was a Hornets nest.

The West was more top heavy. I remember the two LA teams just making it into the playoffs lol. Danny Manning and Ron Harper. And that weird hodgepodge of Lakers (Oh my god Anthony Peeler). Or that one year the Nuggets beat the Sonics lol. That was the first time I saw a one get upset by an 8. But I digress. Ugh Cleveland.

Sucks that the Knicks never gave Ewing another All Star caliber player during his prime. Still had a helluva team, but I think they needed that 2nd go to guy. By the time Johnson and Houston landed there, Ewing was pretty much on the decline.
they tried but couldn't land MJ. not sure exactly what made MJ stay with the Bulls, but Pat Riley really tried to poach MJ. that's the reason how Houston went to the Knicks instead. Houston wasn't bad, but compared to MJ? they were so close to winning a championship in 94 no thanks to Starks choking up those free throws. hated the Bulls for losing Grant as he was really good back then. never knew the worm would revive his career with the Bulls and even got better. Rockets though finally got the taste of a prime Sonics team. and Horry was saying that the Rockets could beat the 96 Bulls?what a joker. they even got swept by the Sonics which the Bulls only allowed to win 2 games.

I get on paper. I just don’t remember them making noise like that during the era. Were they a good team? Sure.

I . Ugh Cleveland.

92 ECF
93 EC Semis

It was more than just on paper man. :lol:

They, along with NYK, were the EC teams that were punished the most by having Jordan around.

So of course expectations were high for them when Jordan took off for whatever the hell it was that he had to take care of.

92? Was that the year when the Knicks/Bulls rivalry began truly? I remember that. Don’t remember the Cavs in the ECFs lol. And 93…was that when Charles Smith missed those lay ups in the ECF?

Im not going to argue in hindsight/memory versus expectations/predictions going into the season.

I still would like to know what your issue was with the Cavs? :lol:

The, "Ugh Cleveland" comment let me know SOMETHING was/is there.

Spill the beans. :lol:

92? Was that the year when the Knicks/Bulls rivalry began truly? I remember that. Don’t remember the Cavs in the ECFs
The Bulls/Knicks "rivalry" (If you even want to call it that lol) started in the 91 PLayoffs.

In 92, the Cavs and the Bulls were in the ECF.

1625758070699.png

lol. And 93…was that when Charles Smith missed those lay ups in the ECF?
Yes, Charles Smith's situation happened in the 93 playoffs.
Cavs were in the Semis and got swept by Chicago.

So when you remove CHI, the teams that were expected to be the Final 4 were Knicks/Cavs/Magic/Hornets (Based on 3 of them being in the Semis the previous year + ORL)

1625758178172.png

Knicks and Cavs History.

Screenshot (49).png
Screenshot (50).png

Didn’t they win 55 games or whatever the first year he was gone.

Then the next year, they lost Horace and we’re struggling and then we got the Scottie wearing Xs and motioning with his pinky. And then we got the Nick Anderson clip that Jordan took personally…

How were da bulls doing da year after before MJ came bacc :nerd:
As of 03/17/95, the Bulls were 34-31. Jordan returned the next game. They finished the year 47-35 -

That 92 Cavs team was cold. Dudes forget that the Game 6 against the Bulls was razor thin and if Scotie doesn't play well that series goes to 7 because MJ wasn't himself until late in the game. Nance, Hot Rod, Mark Price and Daughtery were amazing. Still can't believe Mark Price isn't in the Hall of Fame.

they had the series tied 2-2 as well at one point. They blew the Bulls out by 27 or so in Chicago in game 2 as well. Those Cavs teams were good. The 89 squad was cold as well. If it wasn’t for the shot. They likely give Detroit some trouble in the ecf that season.

they had the series tied 2-2 as well at one point. They blew the Bulls out by 27 or so in Chicago in game 2 as well. Those Cavs teams were good. The 89 squad was cold as well. If it wasn’t for the shot. They likely give Detroit some trouble in the ecf that season.

Nothing but facts.

That 91-92 Cavs team was my squad on Tecmo Super NBA Basketball.

Shooting all around.

Price
Ehlo
Kerr
Ferry
Henry James

There was a Tecmo Basketball?

My two favorite SNES basketball games were NBA Live and Jam.

And I can’t believe we’re still talking about the Cavs?

How about them Hawks? Human Highlight Reel amirite?

Back
Top Bottom