"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

DIKEMBE REFUSES TO DISCUSS ISIAH

But when the subject turned to Isiah Thomas, Mutombo stopped in his tracks.

“I have nothing to say about Isiah,” Mutombo told The Post in a telephone interview yesterday. “I don’t want to discuss him. What am I going to say? We haven’t even had a conversation.”

From another article: Last night the Houston Rockets celebrated Dikembe's 17 years in the league. Apparently 4 years ago Isaiah Thomas told Dikembe that he was too old and too slow, so he should retire and take a long vacation on the beach since he will never help a team make the playoffs. Here's Mutombo's retort last night:

"It's still a wound," Mutombo said. "My wife and I still talk about it. It's still a bit sad to see the commissioner coming and all those people coming to celebrate the 17 years of my career and accomplishments and you look back and say that about (four) years ago, I had a guy tell me that I couldn't play basketball no more, to go to the beach and onto vacation. That's the same guy who's losing his job tomorrow.

I wish Isiah would stop trying to be political/nice and fire back on MJ. Bill laimbeer kept it real by saying he doesn’t care and would walk off again if he went back in time. I want the real inner Isiah to speak and not the politician

1588101282641.jpeg

he tries so hard to hold back.... let it go

Not arguing but why not?

nobody likes the man for a reason. he wasn't on the dream team cause mike didn't like him, pippen didn't like him, bird didn't like him, even magic hated him for while cause he was supposedly spreading rumors he got aids from being bissexual. don't get me going on his front office knicks tenure. worst things to happen to the knicks in their history is james dolan, isaiah thomas, losing game 7 to the rockets in that order.

I wish Isiah would stop trying to be political/nice and fire back on MJ. Bill laimbeer kept it real by saying he doesn’t care and would walk off again if he went back in time. I want the real inner Isiah to speak and not the politician

1588101282641.jpeg

Laimbeer talks and admits it because no one gives a dang about him today. Hated him then and still do! If this were hockey, he's be the goon sent out to pick fights like old school hockey games. Glad Charles Barkley got in a few good swings on him that day the Sixers won the Atlantic that year on their court.

Isiah tries to be cute and nice and he just isn't. He's a bad guy plain and simple! I have ZERO sympathy for him. Never forget how happy I was watching the Bulls sweep their a$$es in '91 while wearing my Champion Jordan replica (the little Champion emblem) and my Infrared VI's!!!

And no I would still not take him on the Dream Team. Glad Stockton went over him. He's only the all time assist leader and one heck of a PG. Isiah's career was winding down while Stockton and Malone & Mullin was going up. They made the right choice.

1588101282641.jpeg

I don't think he's trying to be political. Other than being a politician and conning people in to believing he's a nice and innocent guy.

I think Isiah is a phony, and that's why he's not well liked across the board.

I don't think he's trying to be political. Other than being a politician and conning people in to believing he's a nice and innocent guy.

I think Isiah is a phony, and that's why he's not well liked across the board.
Isiah works for NBA TV he might think he will get axed out of an easy pay check if MJ makes a call. He being way too careful with his words like he has more to lose.

Isiah works for NBA TV he might think he will get axed out of an easy pay check if MJ makes a call. He being way too careful with his words like he has more to lose.

He's always been that way.

I think some people are built to be the bad guy, and some aren't. Some didn't care if you liked them or not, as long as you respected them. Isiah really wanted to be Magic, Larry and Mike.

I think that's the difference in Isiah, he always seemed insincere and that damaged his reputation more than the Pistons. John Salley, Rodman and Dumars didn't end up disliked.

And you have other anti heroes who were loved because they were real(Iverson, Barkley) or people grew to love them(Ron Ron, Rodman)

And every time instead of owning up, he blamed someone else like the Larry Bird comment or them walking off. I think people would respect it and him more if he owned up. Don't take credit for being the leader, but then say well Laimbeer walked off and the Celtics did it too. So was Laimbeer the leader? Blame Rodman for the Larry Bird controversy. Rodman wasn't even a starter back then.

Last edited:
MIss the old ESPN highlights when they'd actually show comprehensive clips and statistics.

The more I think and read about this Jordan doc the more I feel like Jerry Krause was pretty much correct about everything.

Back
Top Bottom