"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

RE: Maturity

As with many sports leagues, when comparing players of today vs. the 90s, the average age of player has certainly decreased. Today, people are looking for younger/cheaper talent (expecting higher potential) vs. having established MEN in locker-rooms.

I do feel players of today are more poised when dealing with the media since most of them have had cameras in their faces since age 16.

As with many sports leagues, when comparing players of today vs. the 90s, the average age of player has certainly decreased. Today, people are looking for younger/cheaper talent (expecting higher potential) vs. having established MEN in locker-rooms.

I do feel players of today are more poised when dealing with the media since most of them have had cameras in their faces since age 16.

While I agree, it’s to a degree

Also need to factor in how short term memory some of this stuff has gotten

take Rodman for example, imagine the lengths he’d have to go to today to get the constant attention he got for coloring his hair and tattoos

Enough disrespect of Chicago point guards.

I wonder how many of these they've sold or if they're made to order:lol:

Capture.JPG

Def, they interview well but not necessarily ready for the league :lol:. Also theres backlash against the college system now. The college system is no longer revered or desired these young bucks want to get paid asap. I dont think a freshman getting drafted first is getting paid less than a senior getting drafted first. Advanced stats have taken over and a kid like Frank Ntilikina gets drafted in the lottery based on wingspan and projected talent.

Def, they interview well but not necessarily ready for the league :lol:. Also theres backlash against the college system now. The college system is no longer revered or desired these young bucks want to get paid asap. I dont think a freshman getting drafted first is getting paid less than a senior getting drafted first. Advanced stats have taken over and a kid like Frank Ntilikina gets drafted in the lottery based on wingspan and projected talent.

I don't think this is true. The majority still go to college. The ones skipping it probably didn't like school in the first place, and I wonder about some of their grades.

The reality is that college is a once in a life experience, and the money will be there if you're good enough.

Trae Young and Zion made money from going to college, by becoming name brands. RJ Hampton didn't become a name brand overseas. Jalen Green won't become a name brand in the G League.

You go to Carolina, Kansas or Kentucky and nearly every game is on TV.

I don't think this is true. The majority still go to college. The ones skipping it probably didn't like school in the first place, and I wonder about some of their grades.

The reality is that college is a once in a life experience, and the money will be there if you're good enough.

Trae Young and Zion made money from going to college, by becoming name brands. RJ Hampton didn't become a name brand overseas. Jalen Green won't become a name brand in the G League.

Maybe , but there's a good chance of getting exposed in college . You get better coaching in the pro's and they aren't expecting you to put up big numbers going against grown men for the first time .

I dont think Zion would have went to college if he could have gone pro out of hs. Dudes dont stay because they dont have to now as the league accepts these guys after freshman year. By college experience I mean like being an actual college student instead of a brand. Guys are more likely to flash a gang sign in the league vs a frat sign. Many players got paid to go to college over the years but they also used to stay a while because they got away with it. I doubt you could pay a kid to play at a major college for 3 seasons now, its changed the dynamics.

Dislike Zeke all you want to, but there's no way Stockton should have gone over him. At the time the Dream Team was assembled, he was the most decorated guard in the East. Him not being on that team is a bunch of bull****. "We don't like Isiah, so we don't want him on the team." Garbage. The reason Malone bust his eye in that picture was because he was frying Stockton and there was nothing he could do about it. Isiah >>>>>>> Stockton. It's not close.

The documentary skips between the 1997-1998 final NBA season for Michael Jordan AND past events for specific players/specific moments in Chicago Bulls history involving Jordan.

So no, this "Last Dance" isn't just about the 1998 NBA season of the Chicago Bulls...........but a history of every player, coach, and the Bulls franchise in general that led up to the 1998 season as well.

So if any of you guys thought that ESPN was gonna break down the entire 1998 season of the Chicago Bulls in 10 episodes............c'mon fellas, you know ESPN was gonna need MORE FOOTAGE beyond that one NBA season to make a 10 episode documentary.

If HBO can make like 8 episodes of hard knocks about training camp ESPN def could have made a 10 part documentary with 82 games + playoffs lol

Dislike Zeke all you want to, but there's no way Stockton should have gone over him. At the time the Dream Team was assembled, he was the most decorated guard in the East. Him not being on that team is a bunch of bull****. "We don't like Isiah, so we don't want him on the team." Garbage. The reason Malone bust his eye in that picture was because he was frying Stockton and there was nothing he could do about it. Isiah >>>>>>> Stockton. It's not close.
Damn right!

1588175768244.jpeg

With all that said, his own COACH didn't want him on that team. On the court, they could've made it work, simply because they're all professionals. However, other team dynamics must be considered. Playing together in All-Star games is one thing. The Olympics, especially at that time, was a completely different scenario. Was he deserving? Without a doubt. But, 99% of the guys on that squad didn't really care much for dude being there. That said a lot in 1991.

With all that said, his own COACH didn't want him on that team. On the court, they could've made it work, simply because they're all professionals. However, other team dynamics must be considered. Playing together in All-Star games is one thing. The Olympics, especially at that time, was a completely different scenario. Was he deserving? Without a doubt. But, 99% of the guys on that squad didn't really care much for dude being there. That said a lot in 1991.

Chuck didn't want him on the squad? I never heard that. That's MUCH different than other players not wanting you. If your coach who you have been through wars with doesn't want you on the squad, there's something very wrong. I just love Zeke's game. Criminally underrated when they do all time list. Number one on my little guard list. I'd take him over Iverson. I'd take him over Curry. When he went off in the finals on that bum ankle, he made me a fan for life. That bum ankle prevented a Pistons three peat.

Restoring a used pair and hoping to be rocking them by Sunday. 1 down, one more to go 8)

I remember being so mad Jordan brand didn’t release these samples back in 98. Glad they did eventually.
F9F4CDA3-4014-40CE-9EF1-CCDE164BA5FB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom