The loss of intrest in sneakers?

Originally Posted by shycagoill

Anybody in here ever just lose intrest of sneakers? Lately I have just been selling everything not caring about sneakers anymore..would rather just stick with
2-5 pairs..focusing more on making beats off the MPC and whatnot...
pimp.gif

i didnt fully lose interest but i stopped caring as much as i used to. i sold off all my sneakers too, all i wear currently are vans and some janoskis. 

It happens. The craze kind of wears off, although I still make some really thought out purchases of what I want because there are other things to take care of nowadays than just what's on my feet. Also, I'm a bit of a nomad nowadays moving around every couple of years, so having shoe boxes is a pain.

It happens. The craze kind of wears off, although I still make some really thought out purchases of what I want because there are other things to take care of nowadays than just what's on my feet. Also, I'm a bit of a nomad nowadays moving around every couple of years, so having shoe boxes is a pain.

I was never really a huge head like most of dudes on here.
The only shoes that I was like really hyped for were infrared 90s and finally got my pair last year I think.

I was never really a huge head like most of dudes on here.
The only shoes that I was like really hyped for were infrared 90s and finally got my pair last year I think.

Originally Posted by gotgame15

You never truly appreciated sneakers, if you have a sudden "loss of intrest?!?!?"

If you love sneakers, you will always be interested in and love sneakers - the relationship just changes a bit...

I still cop pairs that I like (mainly older retros), but am saddened by the fact that kids keep buying these garbage quality hyped up releases.

It's just now, you can't go to the mall and not see 50+ kids wearing cool greys with a tee saying "I'M A SNEAKERHEAD". O rly?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by gotgame15

You never truly appreciated sneakers, if you have a sudden "loss of intrest?!?!?"

If you love sneakers, you will always be interested in and love sneakers - the relationship just changes a bit...

I still cop pairs that I like (mainly older retros), but am saddened by the fact that kids keep buying these garbage quality hyped up releases.

It's just now, you can't go to the mall and not see 50+ kids wearing cool greys with a tee saying "I'M A SNEAKERHEAD". O rly?
indifferent.gif

i stopped caring as much as i used to, i took a break for a while and missed out on a bunch of desirable releases. I've saved a bunch of money doe *shrug*
tired.gif

i stopped caring as much as i used to, i took a break for a while and missed out on a bunch of desirable releases. I've saved a bunch of money doe *shrug*
tired.gif

I didn't completely lose interest in them, It was more so the realization of how much money I was spending. I'm not into Jordans as much anymore though.

I didn't completely lose interest in them, It was more so the realization of how much money I was spending. I'm not into Jordans as much anymore though.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Still would like to purchase every sneaker I like that releases, but there are other priorities in life.

500 on 2-3 pairs or 3 nights on vacation ?

I slowed down my my sneaker purchases lately but I rather spend $500 on kicks than on a vacation..I can easily sell those kicks sometime in the future and get something back for them unlike a vacation.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Still would like to purchase every sneaker I like that releases, but there are other priorities in life.

500 on 2-3 pairs or 3 nights on vacation ?

I slowed down my my sneaker purchases lately but I rather spend $500 on kicks than on a vacation..I can easily sell those kicks sometime in the future and get something back for them unlike a vacation.

I lost interest, it was a combination of several things thought. I just grew uninterested this happened with sports and video games, also I have a baby and foams are like 200 dollars. On a side note I wore the silver flights to go to the bar and felt likethe biggest $@*$#!% ****** I swear, silver plastic basketball shoes man .

I lost interest, it was a combination of several things thought. I just grew uninterested this happened with sports and video games, also I have a baby and foams are like 200 dollars. On a side note I wore the silver flights to go to the bar and felt likethe biggest $@*$#!% ****** I swear, silver plastic basketball shoes man .

Losing interest. I always bought what I liked, never fed into the hype. But priorities in life has slowed the shoe train. I MIGHT get Concords, if not, no biggie. I have 1 pair. I've reached a point where my collection is good enough for me, and I can't wear a lot of my stuff. Time to stop stockpiling shoes.

Losing interest. I always bought what I liked, never fed into the hype. But priorities in life has slowed the shoe train. I MIGHT get Concords, if not, no biggie. I have 1 pair. I've reached a point where my collection is good enough for me, and I can't wear a lot of my stuff. Time to stop stockpiling shoes.

I used to be obsessed with them until I realized I had over 40 pairs of shoes I don't wear and less money then I've ever had. I still buy them every now and then but I never pay the ridiculous prices I used to. Also, seeing how foams and jordans turned into hypebeast shoes made it a ton easier.

I used to be obsessed with them until I realized I had over 40 pairs of shoes I don't wear and less money then I've ever had. I still buy them every now and then but I never pay the ridiculous prices I used to. Also, seeing how foams and jordans turned into hypebeast shoes made it a ton easier.

Back
Top Bottom