The Major League Baseball Off-Season Post Vol. 24 days until Opening Day 2009

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Oh, that's a "bad" season?
OK, Not "bad" per say but nothing to indicate that he is or was going to be anything special. I'm not sure how I could really bethat excited if Balldeli got picked up by my team.
Plus during the season he still didn't look healthy...
tired.gif

He had the tools and a lot of the scouts thought he would be real good.

I still think he has something left.

like i said, who else is out there?

sign Hairston, pick up Baldelli...best we can do at this point.

Jason Giambi To Oakland A's

Giambi will be signing for one year at $4 million, with an option year at $5.5 million, according to a team source. The buyout for the option is $1.25 million and both years include a $250,000 incentives package.

Giambi, who returned to the U.S. from a vacation in Mexico on Tuesday, will have a physical in the East Bay on Wednesday morning and the team is expected to hold a news conference later in the day. The following day is Giambi's 38th birthday.

One question sure to be asked: Will Giambi keep the '70s style mustache he sported at times with the Yankees last year?

"I think he should bag it," said third baseman Eric Chavez, the only remaining member of the Giambi-era A's team. "I want to see the long-haired Jason back, and a full beard."Giambi primarily will DH for the A's, at least initially, with Daric Barton remaining at first base and Jack Cust playing in the outfield.

Got him cheap.

well, we signed Hairston.

1 year, $2 mil...he can earn $4 mil thru incentives.

i can live with that...solid utility guy, was productive last season.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Oh, that's a "bad" season?
OK, Not "bad" per say but nothing to indicate that he is or was going to be anything special. I'm not sure how I could really be that excited if Balldeli got picked up by my team.
Plus during the season he still didn't look healthy...
tired.gif

That's one kid I hope could stay healthy for a good period of time, I think he still has the tools and talent to be a top OF in the game.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Now lets bring Miggy and Mulder back also.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Give a call to Terrence Long, Frank Menechino, and Olmedo Saenz too
laugh.gif
.When the Mets had some rough years between 2000 and 2006, I liked watching the A's. Giambi at $4 mil is a bargain.

Giambi, Tejada, Chavez, Dye, Damon, Mulder, Hudson, Zito, Foulke, Koch...all these players...still wonder how one of these A's teams never won a chip.

Anyway, anyone have any news regarding the Mets? With FA OFs falling outta reach (Burrell, Bradley, Ibanez, and so on), the Mets are running out of time...orare signs pointing to Manny joined the Mets?

laugh.gif
terrence long was a beast...in video games anyway, i always traded for him in MVP 05.

The rumor that just won't die in the local media...

The Rangers will jump in and pursue Manny Ramirez...
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Dude, everyone is claiming to be in on Manny

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Maaaan the market for Manny is almost completely bare... Aside from the Dodgers, nobody has made a legitimate offer...

I'd rather they signed Ben Sheets, but I can't help but wonder how crazy the top of this lineup would be...

Kinsler
Young
Manny
Hamilton
Chris Davis

roll.gif
smh.gif

I can't believe Giambi is back still
laugh.gif
. When he left, I HATED that man. I mean HATED
laugh.gif
. But it's nice to have him back because our offense wasstraight trash last year and it's at a solid price. We still need to sign a pitcher tho
smh.gif
. Man, it still hurts losing out on Furcal because he could havehelped this team so much
smh.gif
. I hope we can find another SS and find a veteran pitcher. C'mon BILLY!

Sox signed Smoltz?

Sweet. Now trade the Rangers Clay Buchholz for one of the catchers...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Smoltz & Baldelli to the Red Sox.

It's on this year
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

hopefully both those deals are finalized. it's about time we joined the party, even tho we did it half-a**edly

and i agree nowitness...buchholz for saltalamaccia...get it done

10:28pm: Buster Olneyagrees Smoltz is on the verge of a deal with the Red Sox. Olney wonders if Boston's rotation surplus will allow them to trade a young starter. Ken Rosenthal also confirms it, and says the Braves were notwilling to guarantee significant dollars.

9:58pm: MLB.com's MarkBowman says Smoltz will call the Braves tomorrow morning to tell them he will sign with Boston. The incentives in the deal are said to be "veryattainable." Does this push Tim Wakefield to the bullpen during the summer? It's a good problem to have.

9:25pm Nick Cafardo ofthe Boston Globe has sources close to the talks that say Baldelli "appears to be inching closer" to signing with the Red Sox. Were the Orioles one of the suitors?

Damn this is sad news to see John Smoltz leaving the Braves after spending his entire MLB career with the Braves he is one of my favorite pitchers filthy stufflove the slider and still has that 96 mph Fastball. The Braves offer was around 2 Million dollars guaranteed with incentives it would've gone up to 7Million.

John probably wanted to win a World Series one last time and it certainly wasn't going to happen with the Braves so he decided on Boston. Sad day for usBraves fans
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom