The Major League Baseball Off-Season Post Vol. 24 days until Opening Day 2009

where would chipper play? i guess they would get rid of lowell, but what are they gonna get for lowell ? seems like the sox are handcuffed right now with him.why am i worried
laugh.gif

now if the sox get hanley i might be pacing my living room for a couple days .........

Absolutely no chance they get Hanley Ramirez... The Marlins didn't sign him to that very reasonable extension to trade him away...

i doubt that the red sox would trade bucholz for a dude who gets injured alot and is up there in age, but u never know

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Absolutely no chance they get Hanley Ramirez... The Marlins didn't sign him to that very reasonable extension to trade him away...

there were talks tho but why would florida wanna tarde the best short stop in baseball, and pretty soon, if not already the best player in baseball

florida is gonna be the team nobody is gonna wanna play against, especially if their starters stay healthy...

i have them winning the wild card this year

it's been said that hanley will be a free agent next year ( not sure if thats true , i'll look it up ). if thats the case the marlins will not be ableto afford him. the thought is they'll make a blockbuster trade before they lose him for nothing. the rumor is the sox are very interested in getting himback. being that boston does not have a SS, i can see this happening. boston does have alot of talent to offer......

Nah, Hanley signed a 6 year, $70 million extension in May of this year... He's locked in with Florida for the long haul...

And I honestly see absolutely no way they trade him during that contract... You've got one of the five or ten the best players in baseball locked in for 5more years at just over $11 million per... And he's only gonna get better...

There's almost no chance they trade him... But I hate the "untouchable" tag, so I wouldn't go as far as to say it's impossible...

But it only happens if Boston blows their Sox (
laugh.gif
) off with a package along the lines of Lester, Lars Anderson, Jacoby Ellsbury, plus some... Or somethinglike Pedroia, Buchholz, Bowden, plus some... I really think it takes one major established guy plus a load of prospects to pry Hanley away...

Anything less makes no sense for Florida... And those types of packages really don't make sense for Boston, so...

can he opt of the deal ? maybe thats what was meant when they said ( i think it was jon heymon ) that he would be a free agent next year. i agree you donttrade a dude like hanley but the marlins are notorious for trading talent ........

Originally Posted by onewearz

can he opt of the deal ? maybe thats what was meant when they said ( i think it was jon heymon ) that he would be a free agent next year. i agree you dont trade a dude like hanley but the marlins are notorious for trading talent ........
I wouldn't think he'd be able to opt out 2 years in... And he doesn't have enough service time under his belt to jet for the freeagent market anyways... He's just over three years in service time right now, and you've got to accumulate six before you're eligible for FA,unless your team declines arbitration after your third year (which the Marlins wouldn't do with Hanley), or you're a foreign signing (Daisuke andFukudome for example) and it's explicitly written in your contract that your team cannot offer arbitration after your initial contract expires, whichisn't the case here...

Hanley Ramirez isn't seeing the FA market until like 2014 unless he's got an out clause later in his deal... Don't believe he does, but I'llcheck the MLB contracts site I use later when I get home from work...

I am a Hanley Ramirez stan and if I were the Red Sox's I would trade just about anything to have him on my team, movie him to center field and watch himturn into the best player in baseball.

Hanley is going to become the best all around player in baseball it's just a matter of when not if.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

All the talk around here is that the Giants are going to get Manny and I think its the perfect fit for many reasons:

1) Just to spite the Dodgers
2) The fans and management have already delt with a "distraction" like him before (Bonds)
3) Instantly would sell out AT&T again every night
4) Would make them the favorites in the NL West.
5) Once you're in the playoffs its a crapshoot and the Giants have deep pitching and Manny which could take them far.

So MAKE IT HAPPEN BRIAN!

[h4]Mets' pizza patch the laughingstock of baseball uniform world[/h4]
By 'Duk

ept_sports_mlb_experts-176490620-1231791113.jpg
If you're the type of person who doesn't spend much time thinking about sleeve patches on uniforms, don't worry.

Neither do the Mets.

The team recently unveiled the logo to celebrate their upcoming first season in Citi Field and to say that it's being mocked worse than an oblivious American Idol contestant would be an understatement.

At its best, it's being said to resemble the logo of a certain pizza company that once featured the 'Noid. At its worst, it's being categorized as the biggest affront to Mets fans since John Rocker's sermon in SI.

Here's what UniWatch's Paul Lukas, a lifelong Mets fan, had to say:
"Compare (anything) to this, and the Mets' effort comes off looking like amateur hour. Or maybe amateur minute. It looks like one of those cheapo generic marks you see in commercials or movies when the producers couldn't afford the licensing fees for the real logos."

Though some conspiracy theorists are saying that this is the Mets way of distancing the team from CitiGroup, that isn't the case here. MLB doesn't allow commercial logos on uniforms, so that wouldn't even be an issue. More likely, it's a case of the Mets being as dull and uninspiring as their '08 bullpen. They could've held a coloring contest among preschoolers and still ended up with a better design than the one above.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'd like the A's to make a run at Young but I doubt the Rangers will trade him in the division.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

I'd like the A's to make a run at Young but I doubt the Rangers will trade him in the division.
They'd do it, but the price would be steep...

True. Do you know what the Rangers are asking for? We need a SS BADLY
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. And looking at Young's numbers from last year, it seems like he had a downyear. Do you think he's on the downhill or just had a rough season? He is 32...

True. Do you know what the Rangers are asking for? We need a SS BADLY
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. And looking at Young's numbers from last year, it seems like he had a down year. Do you think he's on the downhill or just had a rough season? He is 32...
The Rangers are said to be seeking a young, cost-controllable 3B in return...

And I think it's a little of both... He's been declining for a couple of years, but he played most of last season with two broken fingers and nevermissed games... I don't think he's nearly as bad as last year's offensive numbers suggest... To me, he's still probably an above-average SSoffensively...

But the defense is bad, and isn't getting any better sans a handful of errors that can probably be attributed to the broken fingers...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

the price for hanley is too high i believe (too high in terms of prospects)

whoooooaaaaa!!!!

if i had a chance to get hanley, i would tell any team to take any 3 players they wanted....

this dude is gonna win mvps, more than a-rod i promise yall that

[h4]Mets' pizza patch the laughingstock of baseball uniform world[/h4]
By 'Duk

ept_sports_mlb_experts-176490620-1231791113.jpg
If you're the type of person who doesn't spend much time thinking about sleeve patches on uniforms, don't worry.

Neither do the Mets.

The team recently unveiled the logo to celebrate their upcoming first season in Citi Field and to say that it's being mocked worse than an oblivious American Idol contestant would be an understatement.

At its best, it's being said to resemble the logo of a certain pizza company that once featured the 'Noid. At its worst, it's being categorized as the biggest affront to Mets fans since John Rocker's sermon in SI.

What kind of horrible written article is that?

Nobody cares about patches let alone the "baseball world".

Back
Top Bottom