The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Matsui to the angels
pimp.gif

That's official now?

No I'm angry damn it
laugh.gif

You know damn well they're not going to trade any of our mediocre prospects and get a real number 2 starter. It's not gonna happen.
They're too hellbent on rebuilding the farm and thinking they can patch things together.
If we don't sign Bay or Holliday I'm going to +#@+!@* kill myself.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Proshares

And I want a chance taken on either Bedard, Wang or Escobar (especially if he takes a minor league offer).
I doubt Wang will sign in the NL.

Off topic but how long until the Sox trade for Adrian Gonzalez now that they have a great 1-2-3 punch?
They're unwillingless to let go off Clay or Lester will kill that deal.
You know what though, with them signing Lackey to a 5 year deal, I gotta think they're willing to let Bucholtz walk. All they have to do is sign a guy like Piniero or Marquis to a 2 year deal and wait around until Kelly is ready to pitch. Or, dare I say, take a chance on a high reward guy like Ducheser, Bedard or Sheets.

They're too high on Bucholtz to let him get away from them IMO. They'll probably ease him in this year as the #5 guy behind Dice-K. They still thinkhe can be that front end rotation guy.

The Mets will be fine. Johan is still Johan. Don't think the M's are ready to let go of Bedard just yet but I think he'd be a big additionanywhere.

I see the Mets getting Escobar or Sheets (maybe both) at relatively cheap, high incentive deals. Let it play itself out.

[h2]Report: Halladay to Phils; Lee to M's?[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

All-Star pitcher Roy Halladay, who has been a regular subject of trade talk since before last July's deadline, is headed to the Philadelphia Phillies, SI.com is reporting.

3973.jpg

Halladay

According to the report, Phillies pitcher Cliff Lee is likely headed to the Seattle Mariners as part of a three-team trade.

Halladay was entering the final year of his Toronto contract.

The Phillies tried to acquire Halladay last season, but couldn't agree to terms with the Toronto Blue Jays. They then dealt for Lee instead.

Halladay, 32, is 148-76 lifetime with a 3.43 ERA. He won the 2003 Cy Young Award and finished in the top five in the Cy Young voting four other times.

Halladay went 17-10 with a 2.79 ERA in 32 starts for Toronto last season. He threw 239 innings and led the league with nine complete games.

Lee, who was acquired from the Indians on July 29 for four minor leaguers, quickly became Philadelphia's ace. Lee posted a 3.39 ERA in 12 starts for the Phillies and then went 4-0 with a 1.56 mark in five postseason outings, including 2-0 in the World Series.

Lee, the 2008 AL Cy Young winner with Cleveland, will make $8 million in 2010 and then be eligible for free agency.

If we don't sign Bay or Holliday I'm going to +#@+!@* kill myself.

One of them will be a Met, they have no choice at this point.

I'd rather have Bay over Matt Holliday easily. Bay is more of a pull hitter and would be a great fit for Citi Field. Both are average defensively anywaysso I'm talking merely power-wise.

And I want a chance taken on either Bedard, Wang or Escobar (especially if he takes a minor league offer).
I doubt Wang will sign in the NL.

Off topic but how long until the Sox trade for Adrian Gonzalez now that they have a great 1-2-3 punch?
They're unwillingless to let go off Clay or Lester will kill that deal.
You know what though, with them signing Lackey to a 5 year deal, I gotta think they're willing to let Bucholtz walk. All they have to do is sign a guy like Piniero or Marquis to a 2 year deal and wait around until Kelly is ready to pitch. Or, dare I say, take a chance on a high reward guy like Ducheser, Bedard or Sheets.

They're too high on Bucholtz to let him get away from them IMO. They'll probably ease him in this year as the #5 guy behind Dice-K. They still think he can be that front end rotation guy.

The Mets will be fine. Johan is still Johan. Don't think the M's are ready to let go of Bedard just yet but I think he'd be a big addition anywhere.

I see the Mets getting Escobar or Sheets (maybe both) at relatively cheap, high incentive deals. Let it play itself out.
I love Bucholtz, I think he's going to be a stud, but he's expendable imo when you have Lester, Beckett, Lackey and Dice-K on the reboundwith Kelly in the wings.
Idk how you can rationalize we'll be fine though when Maine is injury prone and Perez is teaching Pelfrey how to be a headcase. The only bright spot wehave is the fact that I think Jon Niese will have a solid year next year.

I just don't get how they could sit back and actually think not attempting to sign Lackey was a good move.

Yeah I've grown to want Bay more since he's been more consistent (Holliday's stint in Oakland bothers me a tad) and will be cheaper.

No one would want to go up against this rotation in the playoffs...

-Cliff Lee
-Felix Hernandez
-Erik Bedard (that's if he can survive past April without breaking a nail)

If the Jays didn't get Saunders and Triunfel/Poythress from the Mariners, I don't see how OKB can spin it as a good trade for them.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

No one would want to go up against this rotation in the playoffs...

-Cliff Lee
-Felix Hernandez
-Erik Bedard (that's if he can survive past April without breaking a nail)
No one is gonna face that rotation in the playoffs.

And if someone would have told me after Game 1 of the WS that Cliff Lee would be getting traded in the offseason...I wouldn't have believed them.

I doubt AG is going anywhere...I heard they were asking for the moon + a few stars and were balking on talks because 1. he's all they've got 2.he's affordable 3. hometown guy and the fans love him so attendance is obviously taking a hit if he's gone.

We'll see tho'...

listening to the fan, mets fans are sick right now and i honestly don't blame em. no one hates the mets more than me and i actually find myself feeling badfor them. not a pity party , just feeling bad for the die hards who gotta go through this.

i think i'm getting softer with age ..........

Originally Posted by onewearz

listening to the fan, mets fans are sick right now and i honestly don't blame em. no one hates the mets more than me and i actually find myself feeling bad for them. not a pity party , just feeling bad for the die hards who gotta go through this.

Only reason they mad is because the Met fan wanted him once FA came around, and the Phils pretty much prevented that.

In terms of upgrading though? Its a move the Phils had to make but its not a LIGHT'S OUT, UNBELIEVABLE upgrade over Lee.

If it were Lee and Halladay together or some %#+! then I wouldn't even bother watching baseball next season.

Originally Posted by onewearz

listening to the fan, mets fans are sick right now and i honestly don't blame em. no one hates the mets more than me and i actually find myself feeling bad for them. not a pity party , just feeling bad for the die hards who gotta go through this.

Here's the deal with the Mets and this Halladay trade.

I can guarantee you the majority of Mets fans are angry more at the fact that Halladay is on the Phillies more so thanany other team. They wanted him, of course, but because he is on the Phillies and now they have to deal with him,it's hurting them even more. Knowing that the Blue Jays wanted Reyes in a deal and them saying no, at that point, I think they had to throw the money atLackey. Clearly Halladay/Lackey were the two best pitchers available to get this offseason, and they have already found other teams.

Now the Mets have to look for a team willing to trade a solid #2 (which is unlikely), sign a guy like Jason Marquis, or give an incentive-type deal to Sheetsand/of Escobar. Regardless of how they do it, they need the pitching before they think they can come close to winning the N.L. East again. Signing Jason Bayand/or Bengie Molina will not cut it.

My focus on the Mets is done. Having to hear one of my best friends (Mets fan) say "Watch out, Mariners might be the best team in the A.L., then the RedSox, but definitely not the Yankees", I am just sitting back and laughing.

MARINERS MAKING MOVES

chone figgins and cliff lee
pimp.gif

theyre not stopping either. need a LF bat.

king felix/cliff lee/erik bedard??

sick.gif

I think they had to throw the money at Lackey.

Signing Jason Bay and/or Bengie Molina will not cut it.

Not enough but they need to get both of em' as well, they really need a starter though but both of those moves would be very good for them.

Lackey here for 5 years almost 90M would've been a disaster considering he hasn't pitched over 170 innings the past 2 years (knowing the Mets luck hewould pitch 100 innings a season).

What are the odds the Astros are finally ready to deal Oswalt and he's willing to come to NY?

Fernando Martinez
Jenry Meija
Brad Holt
Ruben Tejada

That should be enough to get it done.

What are the odds the Astros are finally ready to deal Oswalt and he's willing to come to NY?

Fernando Martinez
Jenry Meija
Brad Holt
Ruben Tejada

That should be enough to get it done.
im ready for an astros fire sale honestly. start to rebuild. our system in horrible. past couple drafts have been better but we need more andbetter players for down the road

Rumor now is that the Braves will send Lowe to the Angels for OF Juan Rivera.

Then someone posted that "Yep, Bay to Anaheim. Holliday to Boston or St. Louis. Corey Hart to Flushing."

roll.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom