The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

ok so we traded aces but we also also lose a future ace.

awesome
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Dominic Brown better be the next Ken Griffey
indifferent.gif

Not sure how I feel about the Sox signing Mike Cameron for left. He is no doubt a cheaper alternative. But we'll see how that works out. We are prolly outof the "Bay Watch" now, as well as Holliday but we will see.

Watching MNF, I just heard them briefly mention something VERY saddening to me, so I looked for this thread to see if it was being discussed in here.
rockme11:
this rotation looks a little better=
beckett
lester
lackey
dice-k
bucholtz(if hes not gone shortly)
streethoopkilla:
Lackey to BOS is big time and if they sign Chapman itll add more depth to their pitching. i like ellsbury but i dont want to see him leave. if BOS sign AGON, they will be a problem in the AL East. as of right now BOS has the best starting 5 pitching
"You won Game 7 of the World Series as a rookie!! You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith Yankox, not join them! You were to bring balance to the force Halo pitching staff, not leave it in darkness!"

I hate seeing this MLB Offseason Post bumped... everytime i click on it, the Halos lose somebody.. there goes the last link to the 2002 WS team
tired.gif

laugh.gif
at The Revenge of the Sith reference..

At least he's not with your hated Bronx Bombers Ska. I'm sure that the particular consolation isn'tcool with you either though.
laugh.gif

The Angels reached an agreement with designated hitter Hideki Matsui on a one-year, $6.5 million deal pending a physical, according to reports on Monday by the New York Times and ESPN.com.

With Matsui in the fold, free agent Vladimir Guerrero's Angels career would likely be over.
frown.gif

When asked about the report on Monday, the Angels told MLB.com they had nothing to announce. Multiple reports, however, say the official announcement will have to wait until after Matsui passes a physical.

After playing in just 93 games in 2008, Matsui bounced back with the Yankees last season with a .274 batting average, 28 home runs and 90 RBIs, while also posting a .367 on-base percentage and a .509 slugging mark.

He was also named World Series MVP after batting .615 with three home runs and eight RBIs to help the Yankees take the Fall Classic in six games over the Phillies.

The 35-year-old is a .292 hitter with 140 home runs and 597 RBIs over seven Major League seasons with the Yankees.

Guerrero spent six seasons with the Angels, hitting a combined .319 with 173 home runs and 616 RBIs in 846 games. The right-handed-hitting slugger also won the 2004 American League MVP Award and was a four-time All-Star while with the team.

Guerrero is reportedly looking for a two-year deal and the chance to play right field, while the Angels were looking for a designated hitter on a one-year contract.

The news of Matsui's impending arrival comes on the same day that multiple reports surfaced that former Angels ace John Lackey agreed to a five-year, $85 million contract with the rival Red Sox. In addition, a reported blockbuster trade will send Cliff Lee to the division-rival Mariners and Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay to the Phillies.

Now the Angels could be front-runners to trade for Braves right-hander Derek Lowe. A FOXSports.com report speculated that the Angels could trade left fielder Juan Rivera for the 36-year-old Lowe, who still has three years and $45 million left on the contract he signed last offseason.

Meanwhile, right-hander Kelvim Escobar, who made just one start in the past two seasons because of multiple shoulder problems, was offered a Minor League contract by the Mets, according to Venezuelan newspaper El Nacional.

JPZx:
laugh.gif
at The Revenge of the Sith reference..

At least he's not with your hated Bronx Bombers Ska. I'm sure that the particular consolation isn't cool with you either though.
laugh.gif

I take it you missed this part of my paraphrased RotS quote: Yankox.

Bosyork Yankox

My hate for your beloved is growing.
ohwell.gif
Nothing personal; it's alljust sports bullshhh.

Man, this really is some bull.

C'mon, John. Don't do it, man.

The last time I was legitimately saddened over a guy leaving one of my teams was when another Angel pitcher left. Chuck Finley, to Cleveland. I was all effedup.

Just like now.

I mean, I know Lackey was looking for the team to be proactive a couple years ago, but what the hell did he want? We moved an ailing Vladdy to DH and gave himlimited burn, picked up Torii and GMJr, brought up Hendrick and Rivera and others through the system... but we just can't have a lineup that includes Youkand Manny and Papi w/ Beckett and Papelbon pitching, or A-Rod and Jeter and Matsui w/ CC and Rivera pitching.

Man, get the hell on then, dude.
mad.gif
Chew glass while running with scissorsin traffic.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Mariners may be returning to respectability. Get Bay and look into maybe another bat and this team could do things in the AL West.
QFT.
M's finally making moves for the better; I'm still mad we gave away Adam Jones in that deal a couple years ago for Bedard. I'm just waiting to seewhat happens next, Bay perhaps? Now that the Angels signed Matsui, is Vladdy a possibility for us?

Your genuinely upset Ska. I thought it was maybe just a little joke because he went to one of the rivals. But you sound deeply disturbed by the whole sequenceof events of the day. Cheer up little skipper you got Hideki
ohwell.gif

AllenIversonFan01:
Your genuinely upset Ska. I thought it was maybe just a little joke because he went to one of the rivals. But you sound deeply disturbed by the whole sequence of events of the day. Cheer up little skipper you got Hideki.
Genuinely upset? Affirmative. Deeply disturbed? Negatory.

I really hate the Yankees and Red Sox, and John Lackey.

Still got love for my dudes Eckstein and Figgins.

And Erstad.
ohwell.gif
And Garrett.
ohwell.gif

Like why the hell aren't these dudes staying? Is Scoscia like beating these dudes with those bats when the cameras aren't rolling?

What the hell, man?!

Why am I already not looking forward to next season?
laugh.gif

Oh that's right, because I just learned that my favorite player is gone and our ace is apparently gone, that's why.

I need a beer.

bostonglobe.bmp

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Mariners may be returning to respectability. Get Bay and look into maybe another bat and this team could do things in the AL West.
QFT.
M's finally making moves for the better; I'm still mad we gave away Adam Jones in that deal a couple years ago for Bedard. I'm just waiting to see what happens next, Bay perhaps? Now that the Angels signed Matsui, is Vladdy a possibility for us?

That would make sense and have Griffey DH some days.

Yea im not sure why dudes are bailing on the Angels. They were only couple games/bad breaks from being in the WS. Maybe they just dont like ponying up thedough for guys that deserve it. But I gotta assume by the way things have been going for you guys that Once Tori Hunter gets his chance hes gonna be gone too.

Have one on me.....
odouls.jpg

Since you dont seem to want to go the alcoholic route

wow its not getting better, we're about to get a 35 year old Matsui in expense of losing Vlad... then trade a very productive Juan Rivera for 36 year oldDerek Lowe?

10:15pm: After going through several incarnations over the last 48 hours, the latest version of the deal has outfielder Michael Taylor, catching prospect Travis D'Arnaud, and a pitcher - either J.A. Happ or Kyle Drabek - going to Toronto, writes Stark in his latest update.
HAPPPPP.

Ooooohhh, I don't think you know: I don't drink.

Used to be a personal choice, then it became a matter of "That shhh is gross! How the hell y'all drink that night after night?!"

G'on and post the pic, SHUGES.
laugh.gif

everyone is saying drabek so...
tired.gif

but this is two seperate trades. they should just keep lee because once someone signs him the phils would get 2 first round picks.

win now. cheap !#%$!$
mad.gif

So is the 3 way team trade a done deal and people are just trying to figure out who the throw ins are. Or is there a chance that the deal doesnt go throughstill?

And Ska I feel you on the beer. I cant drink that !!++ either. Its either Hard liquor or nothin for me.

there is no 3 way.

phils and the bluejays agreed to a deal. (drabek, taylor, darnaud for doc)

then the phils are gonna trade lee to seattle.

like i said they should just keep lee and collect the 2 first round picks next year

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

10:15pm: After going through several incarnations over the last 48 hours, the latest version of the deal has outfielder Michael Taylor, catching prospect Travis D'Arnaud, and a pitcher - either J.A. Happ or Kyle Drabek - going to Toronto, writes Stark in his latest update.
HAPPPPP.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Back
Top Bottom