The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Matsui to the Angels.

thats a done deal ?

that sucks, ima miss my man matsui-san, dude was clutch. i was hoping the yanks would sign him back.........

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

No one would want to go up against this rotation in the playoffs...

-Cliff Lee
-Felix Hernandez
-Erik Bedard (that's if he can survive past April without breaking a nail)

if they avoid getting injured
but if the mariners arent in 1st/2nd around the deadline, theyre dealing lee to a contender

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

No one would want to go up against this rotation in the playoffs...

-Cliff Lee
-Felix Hernandez
-Erik Bedard (that's if he can survive past April without breaking a nail)

this rotation looks a little better=
beckett
lester
lackey
dice-k
bucholtz(if hes not gone shortly)

Mariners need more than Jason Bay w/his average OBP. They'd need one more bat. Then I can begin to respect the fact that they may make a run. That said, Istill think that Rangers team is too talented and their minor league players who are ready to make the jump are so good that I can't see them not winning90 games and this division next season.

remember this.
3751594267e59c1c4c24b2dab0a412b10954fce.jpg

bum
roll.gif
roll.gif
ohwell.gif

Yea I dont know if I want to go after Holliday. I would much rather have Bay back. But his agent seems like hes trying to be the next Boras talking about thereare much better offers on the table, but I have yet to hear one of these offers talked about.

Lackey to BOS is big time and if they sign Chapman itll add more depth to their pitching. i like ellsbury but i dont want to see him leave. if BOS sign AGON, they will be a problem in the AL East. as of right now BOS has the best starting 5 pitching

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Also looks like the Red Sox are mad the Yankees won and are trying to buy a championship back
They can't just sit back and watch the Yanks stockpile their roster. Sox are flush w/$$$$, why not spend it?

Just heard about the Halladay deal to the Phillies and Lee to the Mariners.

I'm impressed with the amount of work Seattle is doing this offseason.

I was shocked to hear this deal happened. Wow I'm actually excited about the Mariners personnel moves for once, thank god Bavasi is gone.

Mariners may be returning to respectability. Get Bay and look into maybe another bat and this team could do things in the AL West.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Rich get richer. Done w/baseball until the system is fixed.

how you bout to be a celtics fan and feel like that?
indifferent.gif
Yeah, because we all know the Celtics have been buying all of the free agents for the last decade. How are you going to try to take shots at theCeltics when the NBA & MLB operate completely differently. You must be a Lakers fan
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Also looks like the Red Sox are mad the Yankees won and are trying to buy a championship back
They can't just sit back and watch the Yanks stockpile their roster. Sox are flush w/$$$$, why not spend it?
no i understand it just living in new england and listening to how the yankees buy championships and the red sox do the same thing
laugh.gif

no i understand it just living in new england and listening to how the yankees buy championships and the red sox do the same thing
laugh.gif
Yea you are right. Some of those fans are the most hypocritical sports fans I've ever met. I use to hate visiting my friend when he went toschool in Massachusetts just because of those types of fans.

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Rich get richer. Done w/baseball until the system is fixed.

how you bout to be a celtics fan and feel like that?
indifferent.gif
Yeah, because we all know the Celtics have been buying all of the free agents for the last decade. How are you going to try to take shots at the Celtics when the NBA & MLB operate completely differently. You must be a Lakers fan
eyes.gif

im a sonics fan. im just hella bitter. i hate the nba.
frown.gif

laugh.gif

I hear you dude, I live in Boston and it does get annoying but it also gets annoying when you hear Red Sox ownership talking about being conservative withspending and what not. These clowns have arguably the deepest pockets in the league with the NESN contract, loyal fan base who fill that overstuffed stadiumgame in & game out, and other gimmicks like Red Sox nation memberships.

Back
Top Bottom