The Major League Baseball Post

the dude with the Niner's hoody

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by JPZx

What's going on in the southside of Chicago though?
nerd.gif
Nothing

We're six games in.
Still nothing? Looking up at the Royals in the standings is never a good look.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

What's going on in the southside of Chicago though?
nerd.gif
Nothing

We're six games in.
Still nothing? Looking up at the Royals in the standings is never a good look.

Thinking you got the division wrapped up before its May isn't either

laugh.gif

Especially when you lucked into a division title last year.

Lets not start counting those chickens just yet

wink.gif

laugh.gif
Exactly, Stringer...

People down here are absolutely LOSING IT over the Rangers already. Fire Ron Washington. Fire the hitting coach. Julio Borbon is a spare. Make Matt Treanor the every day catcher... It's 10 games. Relax.

Damn JPZ. It's early homie. These things even out over the course of a season. You know better.

Although, at this point the Twins looks head and shoulders better than any other team in the division. It'll be interesting to see if they can continually widen the gap as the season goes on, beacuse they usually don't start out this hot. It's usually a late push that gets them going.

Twins look great no doubt about it.

Hell, Jon Rauch gave up his first walk of the season today

The new stadium might have put them in the driver's seat of the AL Central for years to come.

^ I agree. They jumped half the league in terms of $ this year. Payroll shouldn't be much of a concern anymore. Now they can keep most of the superstars that come up to them.

They also have tons of leverage with all the stars in the making they have in the minors. They built their system just right to sustain this for quite awhile.

Ichiro a HR away from the cycle.
And Kyle Lohse is playing left field. Both Felipe Lopez and Joe Mather pitched. That's great.

Not exactly sure how you "luck" into a division title, but alright...

Ubaldo Jimenez
eek.gif
e7f365bf151a8a315110e6b944c0b7a3265e5e5f.gif

So now the Mets, Rays and Padres are the only franchises without a recorded no-hitter.

The Brewers have put 10 across in the first inning. Still only one out.

Jason Marquis ultimately gave up eight runs and recorded exactly zero outs.

[table][tr][td]- R. Weeks singled [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - C. Counsell singled to shallow center, R. Weeks to third [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - R. Braun singled to left, R. Weeks scored, C. Counsell to second [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - P. Fielder hit by pitch, C. Counsell to third, R. Braun to second [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - C. McGehee walked, C. Counsell scored, R. Braun to third, P. Fielder to second [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - J. Edmonds hit by pitch, R. Braun scored, P. Fielder to third, C. McGehee to second [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - G. Zaun singled to shallow left, P. Fielder scored, C. McGehee to third, J. Edmonds to second [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - M. Batista relieved J. Marquis [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - C. Gomez singled to shortstop, C. McGehee scored, J. Edmonds to third, G. Zaun to second [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - D. Davis hit sacrifice fly to center, J. Edmonds scored [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - R. Weeks walked, G. Zaun to third, C. Gomez to second [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - C. Counsell homered to deep right, G. Zaun, C. Gomez and R. Weeks scored [/td][/tr][/table]

BOSTON (AP)—Baseball's fashion police have raided Joe Maddon's hood.
The Tampa Bay Rays manager has been told by Major League Baseball that hecan no longer wear his favorite hoodie. Maddon likes to put on the pulloverduring cold days at the ballpark, but MLB said it's not approved for use duringgames.

Baseball reissued a memo last Friday saying managers and coaches could onlywear jerseys or outerwear OKed by MLB.

Maddon wore the pullover during the weekend at Fenway Park.

"The thing is we’ve been doing it for several years now and they've reallycleaned them up," he said Monday after the Rays completed a four-game sweep ofthe Red Sox with an 8-2 win.

"There was a time where they first did it, it was more of—the quality wasless. The quality has been raised, it's more of a shiny kind of material nowthat I know presents well. I've seen them on TV, it presents really well. I haveno idea why this is happening. For me, it's just a comfortable thing. I'vealways worn hoodies," he said.

Maddon, who prefers the pullover to big coats, said he wore it under hiscoat Friday during a rainy, chilly evening.

"We all heard about it," he said. "I wore it under the coat because itwas cold and I needed it to stay warm."

Maddon said he enjoys how it fits, but he'll abide by the rules.

"Go back to your collegiate days, I did a lot of football—I don’t know ifthey think it looks too football-$@@. I have no idea," he said. "All I know isthat it's a comfortable piece of clothing, I think it's attractive, if you'relooking for younger fan, I think those are the people that really are attractedto something like that, too. Listen, I will state my case because I think I can,but I will follow the rules, too."
Maddon has been something a fashion trendsetter in the majors. In 2008, hewas among the first to start wearing the MLB-approved caps with the ElmerFudd-style ear flaps during the postseason.
Oh brother.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

*cough*

barry-bonds.jpg
laugh.gif

Gagne > Bonds
Bonds could easily be taken out of the game if you didn't pitch to him. Gagne was an automatic W when he came in

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Eric Gagne officially called it quits today, greatest steroid user of all time
Still can't believe dude was issued a Cy Young award...

Back
Top Bottom