The McLaren Automotive Thread

Manny took delivery of his P1 yesterday. I personally like this color combo the best next to the metallic light purple shade

It's crazy how there's almost zero wheel spin when the foot is down on the throttle. Amazing piece of machinery.

:wow: Wow what a sight to see. Just amazing

12 McLaren F1, 6 McLaren F1 GTR, 2 P1 and a bunch of 12C/650S as support cars.

Last edited:
Nice!  I saw pics of that the other day, but hadn't seen the vid!  

That Lark livery has got to be one of my favs... one of my first diecasts!  And the Gulf one too!  So iconic!

Plus that dark silver one with the HDF kit!  Damn nice.

One of those times when a P1 might need to step aside... 
laugh.gif

Man, if that convoy drove past me, I'd literally lose it.  

Nice!  I saw pics of that the other day, but hadn't seen the vid!  

That Lark livery has got to be one of my favs... one of my first diecasts!  And the Gulf one too!  So iconic!
Plus that dark silver one with the HDF kit!  Damn nice.

One of those times when a P1 might need to step aside... :lol:

Man, if that convoy drove past me, I'd literally lose it.  

The Gulf livery at 1:20 is my absolute favorite livery. Everything about it looks right!

Have you seen this video from the 20th anniversary gathering in 2012?

Do you happen to know the names of the livery's at 1:56-2:01?

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/05/30/gallery-inside-the-secret-mclaren-f1-tour/

So much history in one place it blows my mind. There was an F1 at a local car meet last month with the P1 there also, It was insane to say the least.

Here's the video to the McLaren P1 Special Operations.

Last edited:
Am I the only one bothered how McLaren did the 12C/650?....

Elaborate.

How they changed the 12C into the 650 seemingly overnight... I think the vert was only on sale for one model year... There was no concepts, no spy pics, no interest built.. Imo, it seems like a move that was made overnight, and kinda tarnishes the brand in my eyes... Same with having engine, in different tunes, for the entire lineup... I would never buy a supercar that has the same engine another car has, but in a much lower tune... It also seemed real disrespect to the 12C owners...

But I'm a poor dude, so my opinion really doesn't matter much lol..

Am I the only one bothered how McLaren did the 12C/650?....

Elaborate.

How they changed the 12C into the 650 seemingly overnight... I think the vert was only on sale for one model year... There was no concepts, no spy pics, no interest built.. Imo, it seems like a move that was made overnight, and kinda tarnishes the brand in my eyes... Same with having engine, in different tunes, for the entire lineup... I would never buy a supercar that has the same engine another car has, but in a much lower tune... It also seemed real disrespect to the 12C owners...

But I'm a poor dude, so my opinion really doesn't matter much lol..

I agree with you, there isn't a huge difference between 12C and 650 besides an engine tune, a few design improvements here and there and a weight reduction. Now the 650S is coming out also but again minor improvements have been done to my knowledge. I could be wrong.

Anyway... from what I've heard, I think a lot of the 650S upgrades were more inside the car... the engine, the suspension, the weight-reduction... all stuff you can take advantage of when you drive the car to its limits on a track.  But on the surface, it'll just look like a cosmetic upgrade... some sort of 12C/P1 hybrid.  The problem is, many supercar owners rarely take their cars out on a track, let alone take it to its performance-limits.  

But yeah, given the short lifespan of the 12C, I'm sure many owners wouldn't have been happy about that.  

Maybe this should just be the official McLaren thread lol but Sheesh that thing looks mean! Been seeing all the pictures from the goodwood show on instagram and I can't get enough. Have you been following the vanishing point get together of all the Pagani's? It's a sight to see all those Pagani's in one place.

Haha, I guess I can change it to the "McLaren" thread... or maybe I'll just leave it like this. 
laugh.gif

No, I haven't seen the Vanishing Point Pagani vids, but I was watching Goodwood FOS coverage today... live, free-streaming on Youtube!  Amazing stuff... so many cars, so many classics... all from different eras.  

I'm watching Batch 6 right now. Make me want to be there watching these cars zoom by

Surprised Sinner Sinner didn't post this since he's usually on top of supercar news. lol

Makes it debut during Monterey car week in Aug, I hope I'm able to catch a glimpse of it while I'm there! Price is rumored to be around 3.2-3.5 million but who knows if there's any truth to that.

I can't wait to be in Monterey next month for all the epicness!!!!

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/07/mclaren-p1-gtr-teased-ahead-pebble-beach-debut.html
McLaren P1 GTR Teased Ahead of Pebble Beach Debut

Pushing the limits of what a production car is capable of, McLaren has released a teaser image of its upcoming track focused P1 GTR.

Taking the McLaren P1 to an even higher level, the GTR model will be based off the street legal model but designed exclusively for track use. McLaren says owners of this ultra-exclusive model will be treated to a complete program of driving events, training and vehicle support.

Production of the P1 GTR will begin in June of 2015 once all 375 versions of the standard car have been completed.

The vehicle will make its world premiere at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance on August 15th.

Neither pricing nor performance figures have been released.

Last edited:
@yanky  Good lookin' out... 
laugh.gif
  I did see it, but forgot to post it... between watching F1 and updating my GT6... damn, motorsports! LOL 

I grew up with the GT series (started even further back with Motor Toon GP) and never owned an X-Box, so it's GT for me all the way!  To each his own, of course! 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom