The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Shoutout to Dana "LISTEN" White for calling Mighty Mouse out. Boy has never headlined ppv and when given the chance to cash in he turns his cheek!

You're getting suckered. Dana giving him PPV points on a card that won't sell. People don't even tune for DJ on free television. Dana has to give DJ that upfront guaranteeand that's what DJ is hikding out fir.

Everyone mentioning Aldo reach advtange I was expecting something crazy.. did my googles and it's only 1 inch -_-

Everyone mentioning Aldo reach advtange I was expecting something crazy.. did my googles and it's only 1 inch -_-

It's significant because the guy who handed him his most recent loss had a longer reach.

And you would expect the taller guy would.

Last edited:
It's significant because the guy who handed him his most recent loss had a longer reach.

conor had a 5 inch advantage tho.. very diff

Last edited:
I actually didn't realize aldo only had a 1 inch reach advantage by the way it's been talked about. I had assumed it was much larger advantage lol

I'm excited to see how Aldo does against the last frontier of his 145 journey. I was such a huge fan of his growing up, however once he came to the UFC and started racking up these title defenses he definitely changed his approach in the cage. He became very tactical and more point oriented. I don't blame him because it was probably the smart choice but my interest in his fights waned

I remember in the wec the crazy anticipation I had for any of his fights. It was really unmatched by any fighter for a long time

Hoping for a great fight

In for Max Holloway to take the belt.

Gotta support my fellow 808 bangah. Not sure exactly how this plays out but I know Max will give everyone their money's worth.

conor had a 5 inch advantage tho.. very diff

4 inch. And what I typed still applies.

The talk about reach isn't about Aldo's strength. It's about a possible weakness he has that Max won't be able to capitalize on.

The reach advantage had nothing to do w Conor and aldo nor would it in this fight

It's exactly what allows Conor to slide back and still connect strong the way he does.

Last edited:
Just read some stats on output, this is really a classic volume output vs tactician 

At least we'll get to see Aldo's kicks again which I haven't seen him use hardly at all in a long time due to his opponents wrestling

Max gotta save/protect his legs because I think it's going to decision. He has to have enough in the tank to outpoint and outland and out maneuver Josie

Last edited:
Just read some stats on output, this is really a classic volume output vs tactician 

At least we'll get to see Aldo's kicks again which I haven't seen him use hardly at all in a long time due to his opponents wrestling

Max gotta save/protect his legs because I think it's going to decision. He has to have enough in the tank to outpoint and outland and out maneuver Josie

According to the stats, Aldo the volume guy in this case?

"The starkest contrast between Aldo and Holloway is volume. Holloway is an extremely high-output fighter, throwing an average of 13.19 significant strikes per minute while landing 5.67 of them. Aldo connects at the same percentage, 43 percent, but throws fewer strikes. On average, the champion attempts only 7.63 significant strikes per minute, landing 3.28 of them. Even in the fastest-paced fight of his career -- a thrilling rematch with Chad Mendes -- Aldo threw 10.67 strikes per minute, well short of Holloway’s average. Thus, this fight will be decided by whoever can effectively control the pace."

Aldo has evolved into a true technician

Last edited:
Forgot Gastelum/Silva was supposed to be on this card.

Would have filled it out nicely if not for Gastelum dumb *** :lol:

Last edited:
The reach advantage had nothing to do w Conor and aldo nor would it in this fight

It's exactly what allows Conor to slide back and still connect strong the way he does.

100%. Conor's pull back left counter is his one of his bread and butter tactics, it's exactly how he got Aldo out of there like he did. It had a whole to do with Conor and Aldo, and most of Conor's wins in the UFC to be honest. Also why Nate was such a problem for him, only guy he fought with a longer reach in his entire run.

And yeah, Aldo with the reach advantage means it's easier for him to sit back and counter like he loves to do.

"The starkest contrast between Aldo and Holloway is volume. Holloway is an extremely high-output fighter, throwing an average of 13.19 significant strikes per minute while landing 5.67 of them. Aldo connects at the same percentage, 43 percent, but throws fewer strikes. On average, the champion attempts only 7.63 significant strikes per minute, landing 3.28 of them. Even in the fastest-paced fight of his career -- a thrilling rematch with Chad Mendes -- Aldo threw 10.67 strikes per minute, well short of Holloway’s average. Thus, this fight will be decided by whoever can effectively control the pace."

Aldo has evolved into a true technician

Gonna be interesting, but I'm betting on Aldo controlling the pace. He's a counterpuncher with power, I don't think Max comes in swinging wild on him like he does on most guys because he's gonna leave himself open to counters all night.

But he's young and hungry though, and his boxing looks pretty damn sharp when he's not going for broke and actually fighting smart. Curious to see how far he can push Aldo.

Last edited:
Round robin bets for tonight:

Max
KK
Vitor
Moraes
Medeiros

Putting some money on Aldo, KK, and Vitor on a parlay hedge bet.

First time betting on MMA, I'll probably lose all my money :lol: will definitely make the fights more interesting to watch though

From all the footage, Josie seems at a great place mentally and physically. I believe this has to be one of the best versions of Josie we'll see outside of how he looked at UFC 200

The weird person in me wants to cut weight and experience the pure pleasure of finally getting to eat what you want. It's gotta be up there with sex 
laugh.gif

Frankie flew out to Brazil? Wow, that's pretty cool. Dude will be out of his seat rooting for Max 
laugh.gif

Moraes is Frankie's boy so he flew out for that and I'm sure to also see what's what with the FW belt.

Back
Top Bottom