The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

bellator-heavyweight-grand-prix-poster.jpg

Two division champs are a horrible idea, you're just backlogging both divisions. Even in boxing where you have fighters that win belts at multiple weights, they DROP their belts at the weights they're no longer fighting at.

Best case scenario for this fight is that they pay DJ to come up and have the superfight at 135. Winner defends against Cruz, Rivera and Cody. If DJ wins he probably gets a bump in pay & popularity, defends until he loses and then probably bows out, he seems like the type of fighter that won't stick around until he's washed.

If TJ wins then he defends as usual, DJ goes back to 125 to defend as usual, and no backlog for either division.

>D |l :smh:

I'm guessing Mitrione wins by virtue of being the least washed true heavyweight.

Interested to see how they do the match ups. They would probably try to give Fedor a favorable match up so he doesn't get KO'ed again. Probably vs Chael or Bader.

Matt Brown KO was by far the nastiest KO I've seen. My man literally cocked back an elbow like that. He had so much ill intent. Looking like a horror movie character.

Pettis will always be one of my favorites but his style doesn't work well against fighters who apply pressure and march him down. Wanted him to get the triangle badly though. Bad angle and he was stacked.

T4Lkd0q.gif

this is a terrible style matchup for diaz

Last edited:
I ain't even mad at it. Whos the #1 contender right now? Covington? He's done nothing but beat Maia.

Give Woodley the money fight while the rest of the division sorts itself out. Had Masvidal beat Wonderboy, that was the fight to make.

Anyone but Colby Covington's boring ***

The winner of lawler rda would certainly deserve a shot but they're not fighting until December which is when woodley apparently wants to fight

Hopefully Nate wins so we can have GSP vs. Nate, or Conor vs Nate 3.

"I ain't suprised *************"

So you just gon pretend like Rashad Evans didn't kick Salmon into the Upside Down?

Or the Uriah Hall kick to the head in TUF

Both of those were pretty brutal too, especially Uriahs (seen above). But there was something menacing about the Brown KO. **** looked like a video game (literally reminded me of KOs in EA UFC game where you say to yourself 'No one collapses like that'). Diego folded like a lawn chair after that elbow.

PS - I have been patiently waiting for TUF Uriah to show up in the UFC for like 3yrs now.

Back
Top Bottom