The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I’d give him the title shot now. You don’t want a situation where Lamas beats him and we lose a fresh matchup. Max already took care of Lamas

I’d give him the title shot now. You don’t want a situation where Lamas beats him and we lose a fresh matchup. Max already took care of Lamas
Well Frankie has that on lock for now so dana might make t city take another fight

Ideally you wouldn't want him to take on someone like lamas, there's just nowhere else to go

Incorrectly predicted that Cub's vast experience and more well-rounded game would prevail. Big fan of his boxing and overall variety of strikes. Was afraid at one point that Swanson was finished, after Frankie physically and mentally broke him over five rounds. Then Max tapped him in Jersey. But Cub showed his resolve in that war with KSB, and followed up that victory with resounding target practice on Artem. He'll rebound from this L.

Ortega is such a threat because of the amount of confidence he has in his chin and the lack of fear regarding takedown attempts. Swanson was controlling proceedings for the majority of the bout, sans the final 20 seconds of R1. Cub landed the right to Ortega's body a few notable times in R1, plus the short hooks to the body in R2. Figured Swanson was hoping to wear down "T-City" over the course of five rounds. Although Ortega has fought in two five-round fights previously.

So smart of "T-City" in the clinch with his grappling. Used his foot to posture off the cage when initially going for the R2 guillotine. Then the hands and grip placement to finish the job, as Felder pointed out during the live broadcast (absolute gold on the mic BTW).

Alright now let's touch on all the Dustin Poirier hate I saw a month back. He has earned every right to call his shot. Good fight with Jim Miller in Brooklyn. Was lighting up Eddie before the illegal knees. Seriously don't think Alvarez even wants to see "Diamond" in a rematch. Methodically broke down "Showtime." I mean Poirier has clearly shown he's a more methodical and intelligent fighter. He let emotions rattle him against Conor, because those leg kicks were landing and accumulating early on. "Diamond's" striking can still look robotic at times, I get his boxing style isn't the most aesthetically pleasing. However, before the Johnson L, Poirier racked up finishes on Yancy and Bobby Green, plus a decision over Duffy. You mean to tell me he can't call for the winner of Eddie/Gaethje? Get outta here. 155 is deep but "Diamond" is awfully close to a title shot regardless. And I'm mad guys like Kenny Florian and Tyron Woodley were on FS1 post-fight spewing that Poirier looks like the same fighter and hasn't accomplished impressive feats in recent years. "Diamond" has shown me far greater fight IQ. Knowing when to pressure Pettis like he did or making things dirty with Alvarez. Utilizing his strong wrestling base, etc.

alessio sakara got put to sleep with the quickness. Still has the best tattoos in mma.

I do like how bellator has events in different places like italy.

Eddie trying to get back to a title shot

Don't blame him for acting like this. The obvious right fight to make is against diamond though. you could say whoever wins is right there for a title shot

Well according to Eddie on the MMA Hour yesterday he claims there is a big fight announcement for him coming soon. With Khabib off the table, Tony waiting for the Conor fight and him being teammates with Barboza (who's already fighting this month anyway) I'm wondering who it could be since he doesn't want to rematch Diamond. I doubt it would be Nate , maybe Aldo is moving up?

Back
Top Bottom