The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Or his takedowns?? Even if he didn't secure the position every time, that's more than the lovetaps DJ was giving him

You value non movement more than I do. Cejudo didn't do anything with those takedowns. If I take you down and just lay on you for 2 minutes, that's worthless.

Definitely wasn't a robbery. DJ even knew it was 2-2 and wasn't even surprised at the decision

There wasn't many definitive moments for either side so I can't say it was a robbery

You value non movement more than I do. Cejudo didn't do anything with those takedowns. If I take you down and just lay on you for 2 minutes, that's worthless.
Top position is the winning position on the three major facets grappling: wrestling, BJJ and judo.

Because nothing was done on the feet. Knockdowns definitely secure you rounds. Next thing on the totem pole is takedoens. These are definitive, tangible events that you can score the round on
Wtf are you smoking, did you not see the back of Cejudo's legs. That's damage, not "love" taps.

Great technical fight between DJ and Cejudo could have gone either way.

DJ all class despite losing.

What does DJ even do here? What for his rematch? There's no one at flyweight for him to fight (again) and he's way too small for BW.

I think the we get the trilogy fight before Cejudo gets the BW title shot

DJ really didn't care that he lost. He's happy with his life outside MMA, good for him
I imagine after getting Silva's record, part of him has to feel relieved at losing. All reigns come to an end eventually. The longer the reign, the harder it is to win.

TJ is a top 5, maybe even 3 p4p fighter in the world right now. Dude is extremely well rounded it's insane. I wanted him to get the twister on Lineker so bad :lol:

I imagine after getting Silva's record, part of him has to feel relieved at losing. All reigns come to an end eventually. The longer the reign, the harder it is to win.
It becomes a burden too, like with what GSP experienced

I'm sure DJ will be back on talent alone, I do question his hunger level at this point. He didn't care one single bit about his legacy fight with TJ

Leading into the fight he made it clear fighting was "his job" he said that he loves his life outside of the cage. I found his comments interesting and cool that he was being so open

^ufc doesnt pay DJ enough for him to be "invested" in the fight game at this stage of his career
dude probably has an exit strategy that is in motion and rightfully should. why continue the grind and risk your health when he can make money outside of the cage

Gonna sound dumb but y'all think DJs love of video games helped his fighting? That level of focus and consistently changing stimuli gotta help. He probably wishing he could build stairs like in fortnite whenever cejudo shot for a takedowns

Back
Top Bottom