The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They need to move 170 to 175 and let woodley stay champ, i got no issue with that

135 145 155 165 175 185 205

That’s actually the logical thing to do because 155-170-185 is too large of jumps

It's thought through.It's a great hedge by Dana. If Nate wins, that's the easiest sell ever, Conor fighting for his 3rd title plus the tiebreaker. If Dustin wins, now Conor has incentive to take the rematch in order to win that 3rd title.

But they're making a whole new weight division simply because they need to create fights.

165 makes total sense on paper from a gapping perspective IF you mvoe WW to 175. Then you're gapped perfectly until you reach 195 lbs. Really how it should be imo, 155 to 170, 170 to 185, and 185 to 205 is far too large

Also hilarious that RDA wants ANOTHER title shot after getting just washed by Colby. 165 is perfect for him though

I don’t mind at all if they use the excuse of no main event to create 165 because it’s honestly what the sport needs, especially the ufc

As long as they move the current 170 division to 175

What’s gonna happen is interim title lightweight fight between Diaz and Dustin lol

But they're making a whole new weight division simply because they need to create fights.

165 makes total sense on paper from a gapping perspective IF you mvoe WW to 175. Then you're gapped perfectly until you reach 195 lbs. Really how it should be imo, 155 to 170, 170 to 185, and 185 to 205 is far too large

Also hilarious that RDA wants ANOTHER title shot after getting just washed by Colby. 165 is perfect for him though

In the grand scheme of everything, none of this really matters. We're still going to get these fights, so what difference does it really make if it's at 155 or 165 or 175.

It'd be one thing if this was a situation like the women's 145 where there weren't any credible fighters to fill out the division. But there are a ton of potential championship level fighters who are threading water at 155 and 170. We get some fresh match ups out of this is the worst case scenario.

I don’t mind at all if they use the excuse of no main event to create 165 because it’s honestly what the sport needs, especially the ufc

As long as they move the current 170 division to 175

What’s gonna happen is interim title lightweight fight between Diaz and Dustin lol
100% agree, it's all contingent upon moving ww to 170.

I wanna see DP with a title bad but I want him to fight for the 155 belt tbh. Seems like it's right there and he's taken out killers on his path. Would seem incomplete to not fight for the 155 belt

In the grand scheme of everything, none of this really matters. We're still going to get these fights, so what difference does it really make if it's at 155 or 165 or 175.

It'd be one thing if this was a situation like the women's 145 where there weren't any credible fighters to fill out the division. But there are a ton of potential championship level fighters who are threading water at 155 and 170. We get some fresh match ups out of this is the worst case scenario.
Very true, in all honesty Diaz vs diamond should be 5 rounds regardless of main event or not. Belt don't really matter at this point. I guess they need whatever sells. Def opens up a ton of matchups with Lee, chiesa, RDA, cowboy, Vick, khabib all probably being most comfortable at 165. Wouldn't be surprised if more 145ers move to 155 as a result since there's currently a lot of huge 155ers to deal with right now

100% agree, it's all contingent upon moving ww to 170.

I wanna see DP with a title bad but I want him to fight for the 155 belt tbh. Seems like it's right there and he's taken out killers on his path. Would seem incomplete to not fight for the 155 belt
Yeah it would be sort of empty in a way for Dustin to leave 155 but at the same time you just gotta get your money fight/title fight any way you can cuz it may be the last one you get

Not mad at 165 at all. Those 15 lb jumps between classes are crazy, and probably a part of the reason guys like Khabib are killin themselves with weight cuts to boil down to 155. More divisions hopefully means at least a few more guys fighting closer to walk around weight.

Apparently this is fake news, DP and Diaz trying to force the UFCs hand

Rockhold vs Weidman 2 gonna be promoted to an interim title fight watch

If they really make weidman rockhold for an interim belt :rofl:

Na but really wouldn’t be surprising for Dana to make one of these fights for a random belt

Jon Jones manager:

“It’s not like Jon Jones is sitting around in a room watching guys do steroids and then turning around and saying, ‘Oh, wait a minute, I just got popped, I’m gonna go tell on my poor teammates that I know for a fact are sitting in a room doing it, because I just watched them do it,’” Kawa said. “That’s not what happened. Jon goes to training, he trains and he leaves. There’s no hanging out in a room, there’s not going to a bathroom, there’s no shooting somebody up. He doesn’t do that.”

Kawa said he was unclear on USADA’s description of the situation in the release, but was adamant that Jones is not ratting anyone out.

“There was none,” Kawa said. “But I keep saying that and everybody keeps running with it. Substantial assistance doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be on somebody else. It could have been on himself. People don’t understand. That whole line and all that, I don’t have a lot of clarity on it, I don’t understand it. They said to me, ‘Hey listen, this is how it’s gotta be worded.’ I said, ‘OK, cool.’ I kind of just let it be, because I’m thinking, OK, I don’t really get it, but maybe everybody else doesn’t either. I don’t know.”

If they really make weidman rockhold for an interim belt :rofl:

Na but really wouldn’t be surprising for Dana to make one of these fights for a random belt
What's crazy is that MW interim title fight kind of makes sense? But those two dudes have been slept recently.

This got me thinking. Give me ALL of this. Lhw interim fight makes total sense bruh

What's crazy is that MW interim title fight kind of makes sense? But those two dudes have been slept recently.

This got me thinking. Give me ALL of this. Lhw interim fight makes total sense bruh

Yeah, that's the only thing, Rockhold don't deserve a thing after his last fight getting KO'd by Romero

Yoel Romero vs Gus is amazing but the whole reason Romero couldn't fight Paulo on this card was because he was apparently injured :lol:

What a clusterf****

And THAT would be the headliner for an MSG card?

I like the fight itself but for all that, make Weidman/Rockhold the co-main for the interim. Weidman beat Kelvin already, and while Rockhold just got slept....Yoel did miss weight.

Only excuse for Bones not being the headliner on this show, maybe they want him to headline the first ESPN card?

What a clusterf****

And THAT would be the headliner for an MSG card?

I like the fight itself but for all that, make Weidman/Rockhold the co-main for the interim. Weidman beat Kelvin already, and while Rockhold just got slept....Yoel did miss weight.

Only excuse for Bones not being the headliner on this show, maybe they want him to headline the first ESPN card?
I really don't think they wanna chance him headlining a major PPV

Oh yeah, and besides Yoel claiming he was injured so he couldn't fight Paulo in MSG, he also missed weight his last two fights which were both title fights

If they really give dude a title shot after a loss (albeit questionable) and missing weight :lol:

I don’t think the ufc cares that much. They give no dambs about having domestic abusers fight for them (thiago silva, greg hardy).

3n9w3yarsjo11.jpg

rizin 13 looking good

Back
Top Bottom