The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Aldo is ranked #2, behind Ortega, he already beat Mendes & Edgar multiple times, he just finished Stephens, and Moicano fights this Saturday. Cub is the highest ranked available matchup that makes sense.

It's also a decent matchup to see where Aldo is at. If he's still an elite level contender then Cub should be a bit of a soft touch, because he's a standup guy that does nothing better than Aldo on paper. Could be a showcase win, which could then set up a title fight if Ortega wins. If he loses or barely wins then it might be getting close to that time for Aldo.

Also he's been facing nothing but title contenders for years. Giving him a soft touch while they figure out what's gonna happen with Max and Ortega is smart. Possibly set him up for one last run at 145
True, if Ortega wins they could setup a bout with Aldo if he gets by Cub.

Moicano isn’t fighting this Saturday, bestick got hurt

Moicano should fight Josie or Frankie

I don’t believe any announced ufc matchups anymore :smh: the ufc really reached a point where the fun is sucked out of mostly everything

Card is such trash, plus not counting on max to make weight or worse make it to the cage

If max looks healthy this week I’ll start to build the excitement back. Right now there’s minimal hype for me

Kind of hope Joanna Challenger gets her swagger back and become the first female to win 2 championships at different divisions

She got almost 2 million followers. Wonder if being on dancing with stars boosted her popularity a lot.

I think cats are doubting Max all together this weekend. The issues from the last fight were not weight cut related. I think it was more of anomoly than anything. He can also match Ortega's range and his pressure is unmatched for the division.

Think it’s gonna be an awesome fight. Just waiting to see how max looks on the scale before anything. Feel like such a long buildup for this matchup. Even excited for the co-main and I’m not even into female fights like that.

If we get to the fight, it will be the blessed era. Max has looked amazing against Pettis, Aldo X2. Wish he would’ve gotten to fight Frankie and Khabib.

It’s folks like Max that make me a fan of MMA.

The co main is decent. They’re both top three competitors in their respective divisions. So it only makes sense. I’d say that and the Cyborg/Nunes fights are the most legit best women fights on paper.

I'm rooting for Max but he sounded off during the Ariel show

Said he battled depression and he wasn't as sharp or energetic as before

Ortega is legit enough as is, and all the extra outside the ring stuff really isn't doing Max any favors. Mentally I don't know if he's gonna be the same guy we've been seeing. But I guess we'll see Saturday

I'm going for Holloway since I prefer strikers but my boy seems to be as confident in Ortega as @champcruthik is bc he says Ortega is a true/real martial artist

I think Holloway takes this provided he's able to keep the distance and land some punch combos in and out of the pocket. That said, as seen from the Edgar fight Ortega has greatly improved his striking. This should be a great fight regardless.

this guy seriously snowboarding and risking injury :smh:

Said the same exact thing when I seen that ****, this dude dumb as hell.

Don’t care if he’s Shaun white out there, you don’t risk any kind of injury during fight week. Especially when he’s had to withdraw the last fight due to injury. Man, no common sense

Think T-city pulls this one off. Heart is with max, head is with Ortega

Back
Top Bottom