The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He's really back :wow: hope he doesn't just give standard answers. Want him to call out Dana, call out fighters and hopefully engage in this beef with Pettis

Will def watch those countdown vids this week, glad they decided to feature Cerrone/Ferguson too.

Gonna be checking out the Nate Diaz interview later too.

So if Cejudo wins does the UFC just scrap 125 like they’ve been talking about?

I guess the move up makes sense for Cejudo if he felt like the 125 lb division was on it’s way out anyway, but Moraes has looked real impressive lately. Gonna be a tough fight.

This Nate/Ariel interview is lulz, it started off slow but once Nate gets going he gets into some long vents. He talks about being the king of the LW division, slapping Khabib, not losing to Conor the 2nd fight, talking about his CBD and upcoming strain of cannabis, etc. He starts doing the interview from his apartment lobby in Stockton and it got interrupted a couple times by people walking through and his phone going off, then he proceeds to go outside and show off his bike, and he eventually ends up in his car, all the while continuing the interview.

I'd watch a Youtube reality series with Nate but I'm sure it'll never happen as Nate already has an issue doing much media outside of these types of interviews.

What did he say about Pettis?
He said as far as he's concerned the beef was over years ago

The origin of the beef, according to Nate, was when Gil lost to Eddie and Nate was a cornerman. Nate was really pissed off going crazy in the back, pretty much yelling and what not. Pettis and his crew were dressed up in Gucci or some designer and passed by Nate getting into his space which angered him

According to Nate, this is against "Fighter Code" you don't "cross a fighter who is obviously pissed off after a fight" and therefore Nate started talking **** to Pettis. Basically he caught strays. I guess Pettis held on to that night since then while Nate got over it quick :lol: because Nate kept going on and on about how Pettis is a true veteran and puts on real fights. The only other thing Nate said was that back in the day when Pettis was champ, he was "big timing" Nate by not accepting a fight. But really he isn't that upset about that either

Nate stated that he's done at 155, there's nothing more for him there. I was waiting for a 170'er to chime in :lol: Nate said he didn't know who Usman was :lol:

Spamming at this point, but I think Ariel has something here with a Friday live show before an event. He should do this for every PPV card, which speaking of this week's, it is pretty stacked

Gotta watch that Pride vid later. I was watching a Nieky Holzken vs cosmo alexandre kickboxing match from One and I think the announcer might be the Pride announcer.

Screenshot_20190604-095424_Twitter.jpg

Good call. Gooood call

Kinda under delivered throughout his career but cool to see he has some perspective

6FE126E2-03BC-4FD9-AEB5-6DC7907DB932.jpeg

FINALLY. Let’s just pray both make it to Sept.

Winner of Cowboy/Ferg is probably next in line. Good to finally see order at 155 again.

Conor is basically froze out when he decides to come back. Only person without a fight right now is Gaejthe.

Cannot wait for 242! Key for Dustin is obviously stopping the takedowns, looking at his UFC fights he's faced primarily guys who like standup wars. Hell, you might have to go back to Jonathan Brookins all the way from 2012 for the last time he faced a primarily grapple/wrestling based guy.

A Conor-Gaethje fight makes so much sense but I doubt Conor wants any parts of that fight and sadly he can likely wait for the rematch with Khabib (I just don't see Dustin beating him) late this year to early 2020.

Has anyone in SF gone to either Blackthorn or Abbey Tavern for the fights recently? I haven't been in over a year, might go this weekend.

I don't know if he can do it but I'm war "Diamond" hasta la muerte. Always thought "El Cucuy" would be the one to dethrone Khabib.

Back
Top Bottom