The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Soooo going on a 8 year unbeaten streak in THE UFC AT 155 somehow makes you NOT a top fighter? How is that possible???

Tony not only literally beat everyone they put in front of him, he battered em......I’m not sure what else the dude could have done to be considered a “top fighter”.

sure tony may have holes in his game, may look sloppy at times, he gets hit alot and he’s completely unconventional...but so what? He still beats everyone...

Tony also forced his was to UFC stardom, he was never in their plans and never had any kind of favor or pre-designed path to the title....he did it the old fashion way coming up through the ranks beating WHOEVER they match him up with.

GOT TO RECOGNIZE AND APPRECIATE THAT. Especially today, too many handouts and favoritism going on.

Justin is fortunate COVID cancelled Khabib v Tony to even give him the chance to force his way into a title shot no thanks to his manager Ali

Reminds me of the Paradigm situation with Conor and Tony... and them not pushing for Tony as hard as they should have especially in a fight against Conor

Ali should have been beating the door down for Justin all this time

nothing the ufc could have done because nothing was going to happen, conors not fighting anyone in contention while he has the belt
I wasn't really talking about the UFC. I was talking about Tony's former and Conor's present management Paradigm

The Justin Khabib match reminded me that Paradigm didn't give a damn about Tony when Conor was at his peak. When in reality Paradigm should have been banging the drum for Tony daily

I've heard Ali speak maybe twice on Justin getting a title shot when Ali should have been his usual loud self this whole time 24/7 promoting Justin

Dom’s always been one of my favorite fighters but man he’s a crybaby :lol: sounds so salty
Sucks that his style hasn’t really evolved and people figured him out
C89922C9-4946-4F5C-8A74-B776A9B56FCD.png

Dom’s always been one of my favorite fighters but man he’s a crybaby :lol: sounds so salty
Sucks that his style hasn’t really evolved and people figured him out
C89922C9-4946-4F5C-8A74-B776A9B56FCD.png
Dom is lame as hell. Think's he's some type of genius, style is "unique" in a way that everyone has figured out. He's past his time, quit being a sore loser

Sorry for the hot take and opening the can of worms.

This Stipe/DC situation. Not sure what to make of it.

On hand, I can understand DC wanting a rematch for the title. It’s what’s standing between him and retirement.

I just don’t agree with his stance of him giving Earnestly giving Stipe a rematch after their first fight. He took an “easy” fight with Derrick Lewis. Then he was looking for the payday from Brock, who opted to stay in the WWE. He then “granted” Stipe a title shot.

Stipe said he’s willing to fight DC. He’s got a regular day job and COVID has closed gyms. Shouldnt he be afforded a regular training camp.

Yeah I don’t think khabib signs the contract. He can’t be bought like most these other guys.

The sweetest revenge would be to never grant conor a rematch and let that loss burn in the back of his mind forever.

Since it doesn’t look like the GSP fight is going to happen......I’m pretty sure khabib has his sights set on becoming MMA’s first true undefeated legend and retiring on top.

I think he beats justin and retires. I dont think he waits around for Tony to climb back up.

So the prelims on ESPN did less than 248 prelims but the ppv got a little over 700k. Pretty damn good for the ppv.

Even though Tony lost, still want to see him and Khabib fight. If Khabib beats justin AND tony I am fine with him walking away the GOAT. Basically cleared the division out.

Back
Top Bottom