The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They really disrespecting Stipe. Yes, he has failed to demonstrate charisma. But when has that ever mattered except if you’re trying to create an attraction.

Usman my guy but zilch. RDA was a champ. Zilch. Aldo had a lil swag but couldn’t speak English. Cain? Sea level or otherwise. Dude got cut by the WWE and buried by Brock. There’s a long list.

Do I want Francis to win? Yes...but admittedly due to racial reasons. But Stipe is the man. I’d honestly prefer to see the HW GOAT vs LHW GOAT.

Ngannu is the MMA Deontay Wilder. Nothing I've seen since the last Stipe fight says he is even the slightest bit more technical on the feet than he was then. In fact, that flailing he did in the Rozenstruik match had me wondering if this guy is actually working on tightening up his striking at all :smh: , but he finished him quick regardless. All he has to do is touch these guys and they're out. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Stipe pulled it out, but Francis weighing in as heavy as he did on top of the power he has, on top of having all this time he's theoretically had to work on his wrestling defense, gonna be interesting.

They really disrespecting Stipe. Yes, he has failed to demonstrate charisma. But when has that ever mattered except if you’re trying to create an attraction.

Usman my guy but zilch. RDA was a champ. Zilch. Aldo had a lil swag but couldn’t speak English. Cain? Sea level or otherwise. Dude got cut by the WWE and buried by Brock. There’s a long list.

Usman has a nation behind him so that sells. He was at the Grammys with Burna Boy. Also he had a perfect foil w/ Colby and afterwards Jorge so he benefits from some of that juice. RDA was a destroyer during his little run, exciting to watch. And I don't really remember the UFC going over the top promoting RDA anyway. Aldo was exciting, was without a doubt the best featherweight the world had seen throughout his run, and had Brazil behind him. Cain was running through folks and had Mexicans behind him, which might possibly be the most supportive ethnic fight fanbase in the world?

Stipe is just a very regular white dude from Ohio, no offense. He gets the job done, he's certified, he's faced the best opposition, but at the end of the day we know that's not always what sells tickets. Also the fact that Stipe got KO'd by Cormier can't be forgotten either. Granted it's at heavyweight and anybody can get knocked out at any minute, but that's a big ***** in the armor when we're talking "greatest heavyweight of all time" talk. So the greatest heavyweight of all time got knocked out in one round by an undersized heavyweight that the light heavyweight champ Jon Jones dominated twice. Not the best look for the greatest heavyweight, and it makes it a little harder to promote him that way. Then when you add in the inactivity too, he's not exactly a marketing dream. I think the UFC just sees him as a very good aging heavyweight who's proven to be beatable, and they have a huge marketing opportunity with Francis, so it is what it is.

One thing I don't think people are realizing is the small cage will give Francis a big advantage tonight. And with Stipe coming in 30lbs lighter, I can't really see him control clinch situations too much. Stipe better fire off them calf kicks for the first 2 rounds and just stay far away from Francis lol.

One thing I don't think people are realizing is the small cage will give Francis a big advantage tonight. And with Stipe coming in 30lbs lighter, I can't really see him control clinch situations too much. Stipe better fire off them calf kicks for the first 2 rounds and just stay far away from Francis lol.
The same cage that means it is more difficult to escape and avoid wrestling. It’s a double edged sword.

Ask Izzy who had to deal with a larger man and smaller cage.

The unappreciated club should form. Stipe, Jan, Gaethje, Covington. Just about everyone has an issue with Dana at the moment.

Teddy Atlas is terrible and so is Screaming A. I get that Ariel and Chael don’t have a big name enough to carry a mainstream platform.

But hearing Max, Teddy and Stephen A discuss MMA can be painful sometimes.

This is the worst cardio ive ever seen. Shoulda stuck to their guns and cut this man. Jus getting slaughtered

F8C06AFB-1C04-4C20-84EC-92ACF8925115.jpeg
Thoughts
the woodley pick is iffy, dude is a corpse at this point. i think the main goes over 1.5 too.

Tried to get hyped for tonight but with Ortega Volk falling off, it just let the air out of the whole thing for me
Still unsure if the card is worth purchasing. The main even is the only one worth the money but it might end in 1-2 minutes if Francis goes Francis

Back
Top Bottom