The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

No offense to Brunson nor Vetorri but neither of the performances gave me vibes that they would beat Izzy in a rematch

Now do Brunson or Vetorri deserve a title shot? Sure, just like if Whittaker wins again

Am I saying they deserve title bouts because they beat Hollan? Nah. Holland isn’t top ten(though strangely he is...jumping past Weidman and Shahbayzan).

Should they be picked as the next title bout for Izzy?

Izzy is in a bit of a pickle. Whitaker, Vettori, Gastellum (in horrible DC voice), or Brunson are options.

Cannonier, Costa and Till coming off loses.

In hindsight, it wasn’t a bad option for Izzy to move up. No clear title contender.

Vettori and Brunson in the title picture sure, but there’s still a mountain to climb thru cannonier, costa, Whittaker, etc.....

Whittaker deserves the shot if he beats Gastelum

Second and Third most deserving are Brunson and Vetorri if we're talking merit. There is no argument

Cannonier, Costa, Till etc need to win at least twice before being considered again

185 stands as
Izzy
Rob
Then the rest.

DC said Holland already planned on going AKA to train after the Brunson fight but then he ended up taking the Vettori fight. Still think he should go down to 170. Too small to hang with the top of MW.

Still not sold on Vettori. Doesn't have fight ending power or head movement. Man's got touched up by Hermannson and Holland rocked him in the short time they were standing. Need to see how he would do against a Cannonier or Costa.

Allen is legit. Always liked his boxing, his footwork was on full display this fight. Just needs to get that cardio right. If Calvin is ready by end of summer they need to throw hands.

Throw Mackenzie to Joanna. If she beats her then she most definitely ready for the title shot.

Sad to say but Kevin Holland is done. He will never get back in the hunt. Too much of a gap in ability once taken to the ground. And he’s not disciplined enough standing up to succeed with just that.

Sad to say but Kevin Holland is done. He will never get back in the hunt. Too much of a gap in ability once taken to the ground. And he’s not disciplined enough standing up to succeed with just that.

Holland is a BJJ black belt apparently though. And for as long as it was standing he was getting the better of both Brunson and Vettori. And he's small for 185 and could probably cut to 170. With the right camp he's far from done.

If he can keep fights standing he's a problem for a lot of guys at 170-185.

Holland is a BJJ black belt apparently though. And for as long as it was standing he was getting the better of both Brunson and Vettori. And he's small for 185 and could probably cut to 170. With the right camp he's far from done.

If he can keep fights standing he's a problem for a lot of guys at 170-185.

He’s lost a lot of credibility recently. I don’t see it anymore.

Man's only 28. Id be more worried if it wasnt just TDD and positioning being his biggest weakness. Natural athleticism and talent can only get you so far. Give him 6-8 months at AKA focusing on technique, if he's still the same after that then I'll write him off :lol:

Still think 170 is the move for him though. Hes just a blown up WW. He came in under against Brunson. Don't think he cuts much weight at all.

Man's only 28. Id be more worried if it wasnt just TDD and positioning being his biggest weakness. Natural athleticism and talent can only get you so far. Give him 6-8 months at AKA focusing on technique, if he's still the same after that then I'll write him off :lol:

Still think 170 is the move for him though. Hes just a blown up WW. He came in under against Brunson. Don't think he cuts much weight at all.
Usman

Covington

Edwards

Burns

Magny

Woodley (if he still has a future in UFC).

Chiesa

Nah. WW isn’t the move if wrestling his weakness.

Usman

Covington

Edwards

Burns

Magny

Woodley (if he still has a future in UFC).

Chiesa

Nah. WW isn’t the move if wrestling his weakness.
There's a big difference though when someone comes in fight night at 200-210lbs laying on you than someone 185-190. The size difference with him and Vettori was mad noticeable.

BJJ black belt and not go for 1 sub for damn near 25 mins on your back? where did he get his black belt from?

There's a big difference though when someone comes in fight night at 200-210lbs laying on you than someone 185-190. The size difference with him and Vettori was mad noticeable.
I agree. He’s probably smaller for MW. Those guys are probably walking around 200ish.

But Usman looks like 190ish. And has a gas tank and can take him down. He’s already seen the blueprint. Colby would do the same. Maybe instead of 11, it’s 7.

He has a gap in skills. He needs to address it.

And Izzy after reviewing Holland’s last fights needs to ensure he does the same.

He’s better at TDD. But Vettori was able to take him down a few times the last time.

Sounds like you’re discounting Chiesa, Edwards wrestling. Against someone who has shown in his last two fights in a short period of time that wrestling is his Achilles heel.

Sounds like you’re discounting Chiesa, Edwards wrestling. Against someone who has shown in his last two fights in a short period of time that wrestling is his Achilles heel.
No, I’m not. I just don’t see them being the same problem strictly talking wrestling than brunson Vettori usman and colby

Edwards and chisea are strong grapplers for sure though, just like Holland is

Either way Holland is fighting in shark tanks in either division

I wouldn’t be mad at that match up.

Nor would I be mad at Costa/Bronson.

MW needs some kind of contender shakeup. Waiting for Weidman/Hall 2.

Besides female BW, the main division without a clear #1 contender.

Back
Top Bottom