The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Rose’s striking is so good. Knocking out jj and weilli is impressive. She’s trained with Valentina before but her frame is pretty small and Valentina would take her down and too control her like she did to Andrade.

Trevor Wittman unlocking everyone’s striking potential. With khabib retired, gaethje will eventually get another title shot and maybe be the third champ for Wittman’s gym.

When was the last time a gym / team had 3 beltholders at the same time? Maybe miletich’s team with pulver, hughes, and sylvia but dunno if all had the belts at the same time.

Dana said he would give Nick a fight last night. Set him up with Jorge
Give Nick Jake Paul!!

Dudes career is over. Let him get one last pay day. If he can still Stockton Slap, you might take the kid down a notch.

I said it before. Dana has to be an old WWE heel manager type and send folks to take that kid down.

He’s there to disrupt the status quo. In boxing. In media.

Trevor Wittman unlocking everyone’s striking potential. With khabib retired, gaethje will eventually get another title shot and maybe be the third champ for Wittman’s gym.

When was the last time a gym / team had 3 beltholders at the same time? Maybe miletich’s team with pulver, hughes, and sylvia but dunno if all had the belts at the same time.
Besides City KB, Trevor is doing big things. Rose and Usman champions.

Id like to see the younger talent he’s working with. I don’t believe the countdown bs of him only having four fighters.

Trevor Whitman making an easy run at COTY. 3 title fight Ws and we're not even halfway through the year.

Man I rewatched the main and co just now. That kick Rose did was so damn impressive. Kick didn't even come up and around the guard, she brought that **** straight up all the way thru her guard and landed flush. Faked the leg kick took a step and raised the kick straight up and to the chin.

Nothing else can be said of Usman that hasn't been said yet. Man's easily #1 p4p. Man's getting better after every fight.

Still think he runs thru Colby. And after my man Rocky puts Nate to sleep he can finally get that title shot and give Usman his toughest fight.

Didn't even realize PFL started on Friday. Showtime and Lance Palmer both took L's :rofl:

Rose’s striking is so good. Knocking out jj and weilli is impressive. She’s trained with Valentina before but her frame is pretty small and Valentina would take her down and too control her like she did to Andrade.

AKA?

DC
Cain
Luke Rockhold

Untitled-1-71.jpg

Last edited:
all these company men that leave it all in there and get paid pennies on the dollar.
look at jon jones. if anyone should be getting paid whatever they want, it's jones.

it's a balance. don't be a employee of the year but don't be nate diaz either.

like diaz had all that conor hype and did nothing with it

diaz could learn a thing or two from jorge

They shouldve put the BMF title on the line as well. Imagine usman asking where the fake belt was at too :rofl:

AKA?

DC
Cain
Luke Rockhold

Untitled-1-71.jpg
Let’s not be a victim of recency bias. Javier and his staff had a good run from sea level Cain to Khabib.

And Greg Jackson GSP, Rashad, Jon and Holly.

Trevor on fire right now. Some would argue those fighters were already great athletes and he just put the finishing touches on them.

Dana took advantage of the fighters but the fighters keep coming. Maga White is scum but the fighters are a boycott away from getting what they want. Seems like ufc got the nfl level of fight in them. Players talk and talk but suit up when it’s all said and done. Not a direct comparison but there’s some similarities

Whittaker throwing some jabs out to Izzy for whenever they rematch. I like to see it

“More or less, I was offered the fight about an hour after my fight with Gastelum. There was just no way, physically, I could do that. Not only do I have injuries from that last fight to deal with, I have to fly home to Australia, and then two weeks in [mandatory] isolation. I have to see how my body was feeling, and then I’d have to prepare; all by June. It was impossible,” Whittaker said.

“I can see what Izzy is trying to do. He’s trying to get me to accept the fight injured, on short notice, with all odds against me, but there was just no way I could get there physically. I do want that fight, and my next fight will be for the title. It has to be. He was just really adamant about fighting on that date and I can’t do it. I’m happy to fight the winner after,” Whittaker said.

Whittaker throwing some jabs out to Izzy for whenever they rematch. I like to see it

“More or less, I was offered the fight about an hour after my fight with Gastelum. There was just no way, physically, I could do that. Not only do I have injuries from that last fight to deal with, I have to fly home to Australia, and then two weeks in [mandatory] isolation. I have to see how my body was feeling, and then I’d have to prepare; all by June. It was impossible,” Whittaker said.

“I can see what Izzy is trying to do. He’s trying to get me to accept the fight injured, on short notice, with all odds against me, but there was just no way I could get there physically. I do want that fight, and my next fight will be for the title. It has to be. He was just really adamant about fighting on that date and I can’t do it. I’m happy to fight the winner after,” Whittaker said.

Looking forward to this rematch

Wow. Usmans a giant star now... like collossal... his exchange with Conor hes getting double the likes and engagements. 200k likes for his photo of when he climbed up on the cage after the KO. A global star... even bigger than Jorge all it took was not losing in a decade and KOing 3 of the top 5 170lbers lol.

Id love to see mcnuggets get ragdolled but honestly i could see them lining up Jake Paul first if they jus wanna do a big money spectacle.

Too soon to know? She just lost.

With Chinese interests, I’d see UFC running it back.

Personally, I don’t think she warrants an immediate. Rose quickly KO’d her.

But...Rose also KO’d JJ who went on to say bad weight cut, etc.

Also, when we say Usman became a star. Based on what? Did his IG explode to 2 mill or more? Same for his Twitter? What’s the evaluation criteria.

I just gave you my generic metric. In exchanges with Mcgregor hes the A side 48 hrs after the fight. Wont stay that way but hes gained a hugeee following. 2.2M on IG.

I just gave you my generic metric. In exchanges with Mcgregor hes the A side 48 hrs after the fight. Wont stay that way but hes gained a hugeee following. 2.2M on IG.
Good for Usman. While a basic measuring stick, that is big none the less. Happy for him, he deserves it and fans are finally putting that "snooze man" bull**** to rest and giving that man his respect. He's starting to become must see TV cause his fights have been fun and ending in violence.

Man I hope Leon can make a big statement against Diaz, puts him out cold and cut a promo after to make the UFC set that fight up instead. Feel like that fight has potential to be an all timer. But Rocky's my man and I'll keep driving that train til the wheels fall off :lol:

Too soon to know? She just lost.

With Chinese interests, I’d see UFC running it back.

Personally, I don’t think she warrants an immediate. Rose quickly KO’d her.
I feel like Zhang should fight Joanna again and then whomever wins, fights Rose. But man, that is a lot of CTE to get to the belt,

Rose defeated Weili soundly, wasn’t a split decision win or anything. I don’t think she warrants a rematch.

Watched the card last night. What an event! Couldn't believe how first two fights of main card went and it was tough to watch Weidmans leg snap that way. I expected Valentina to dominate but on the feet and not that way.

Rose proved she's one of the elites at the division. That head kick was very impressive and her speed will be a problem for any of the other contenders. I forgot she already beat Andrade in the rematch so could see them setting up the Esparza even though that fight was so long ago.

Usman definitely impressed me and I was thinking he'd either get a UD or finish by ground and pound towards the champion rounds. His striking looked mostly sharp but he did have a few wild looping punches that he can only fix moving forward. I think he dominates Colby if that is the next fight. Or if Leon wins impressively over Nate I could see him getting the shot. Both fights could be bangers though.

Happy to see Usman getting attention, he deserves it. Very curious to see how the leon/nate fight goes and if the winner of that can get the next title shot over colby even though dana is saying colby is a lock.

Back
Top Bottom