The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

missed beneils post fight and cant find anything online nevermind found it

someone please tell me he didnt ask for a title shot with that mediocre *** victory

Props to Charles for weathering the storm, much deserved after a long road to the championship. Chandler was probably already thinking of some promo/celebration he was about to do when he got Charles down. :lol:

Them USA chants got shut down real quick.

Chandler thought he come in and cake walk to the strap?! FOH!!

My son Oliveira with the best career come back since Robert Downey Jr :pimp:

Just need Diamond to touch up Conor and we can have Dustin vs Charles.

I really didn't see Oliveira hurt that 1st round. Yes he got hit, but when he was down he was moving and avoiding shots, when he got hit again he quickly pulled guard. Obviously he was aware of what was going on ......

Hurt is what happened to Chandler ... got dropped ran away then when the hits kept coming he just covered not knowing what to do because he couldn't think.

This narrative that Chandler almost had Oliveira is wack.

PS. **** this US chants, they so ****ing annoying.

I’d actually like to see Volk/Oliveira. Just not a fan of the champ/champ unless it’s a la Amanda Nunes in weak divisions.

Jon must have burned a bridge with Dana. First, it was take this money (probably more than $5 mill but less than what Jon wants). Second, it was fight Stipe and the winner gets a title shot. Now, it’s Stipe gets the winner of Lewis/Ngannou.

Charles hasn’t got the best chin but he’s very skilled and very dangerous.

Everybody that could potentially knock him out standing he could also finish on the feet.

He’d be a dog against Dustin / Conor but it wouldn’t shock me if he beat either.

Big congrats to Charles, was not expecting him to come back the way he did. He earned that title shot and that win the hard way, respect.

As far as Chandler, he may be a bit of a glass cannon. He can hurt anybody at 155 with the right shot but he can get put out just the same.

Lastly, I don’t see any of Charles, Chandler, Conor, Dustin or Justin being able to successfully defend against all the competition. That belt is gonna play hot potato for awhile I’m thinking. But I do like Charles’ story so I’m rooting for him to hang onto it for a few at least.

And just like that everyone forgot Justin Gaethje.

The streak is like three defenses at LW? So no king shall have a long reign.

I really didn't see Oliveira hurt that 1st round. Yes he got hit, but when he was down he was moving and avoiding shots, when he got hit again he quickly pulled guard. Obviously he was aware of what was going on ......

there was a point where he wasnt moving and avoiding shots, he had his hands on the mat and was just looking down, doing nothing to block chandlers shots, and most importantly NOT moving his head at all

to me that was the body language of someone looking for a way out, the only time ive seen that type of body language is from guys getting ready to tap from strikes or waiting for the ref to make the stop

there was a point where he wasnt moving and avoiding shots, he had his hands on the mat and looking down, doing nothing to block chandlers shots, and most importantly NOT moving his head at all

to me that was the body language of someone looking for a way out, the only time ive seen that type of body language is from guys tapping due to strikes
I didn't see that .. he was moving side to side .... he then got hit and he regrouped and pulled guard.

At no time did I see him eating shots not doing anything ....

Chandler talking all that smack that once Charles feels the power he's going to make him quit. But once he gets touched clean on the chin, man goes down and starts running the cage :rofl: :rofl:

Feel good story for Charles man. Don't see how anyone can hate on that man. Came from the slums and he's still giving back to those favelas.

That man needs to learn how to get that head off center though cause Conor and Justin would put him out. Chandler should've just stood him up once Charles pulled guard. Conor and Justin ain't making that mistake.

Since Beniel is taking time off til early next year, Gaethje/Chandler needs to be made ASAP.

Yeah Charles got his brain scrambled but he was still swaying punches. Once he figured where the punches were coming from he was able to pull guard. That was a great call by the ref. There would be some refs calling that already.

Old Charles would've completely turtled up and just shell himself

Back
Top Bottom