The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I didn't see that .. he was moving side to side .... he then got hit and he regrouped and pulled guard.

At no time did I see him eating shots not doing anything ....

after rewatching the footage, ill update what i said by saying he takes that first shot defenseless, but then moves side to side afterwards

my argument wasnt really that he was hurt, just that he wasnt intelligently defending himself, and that he was lucky the fight wasnt stopped

i made my previous post thinking that he was on all fours with his head up, its arguably worse than that, his face is planted

Last edited:
after rewatching the footage, ill update what i said by saying he takes that first shot defenseless, but then moves side to side afterwards

my argument wasnt really that he was hurt, just that he wasnt intelligently defending himself, and that he was lucky the fight wasnt stopped

i made my previous post thinking that he was on all fours with his head up, its arguably worse than that, his face is planted
🤷‍♂️

You seen it one way and I seen it a different way.

Obviously you are wrong as the fight was allowed to continue and I'm right because he regrouped pull guard and won.

It seems like if you would have been the refs, you would of have prematurely stopped the fight because you couldn't recognize what was actually happening ....

what exactly am i wrong about?

did i say the fight should have been stopped? did i say the wrong outcome was made?

you been a lame ever since i showed my support for zhang

Dana Dana’ing

“There’s fights available,” White told reporters at the post-UFC 262 press conference. “They’re here. I’m going to keep making fights every weekend, doing fights. If Jon Jones wants to fight, he can, if he doesn’t, he doesn’t have to. Nobody’s going to force Jon Jones to fight.

“He’s had a great run. He’s got an incredible legacy. I personally see him as the GOAT. Right now, you’ve got guys that are nipping at his heels like [Kamaru] Usman and some other guys out there. It’s up to him. He can fight this summer, or he can never fight again. That’s up to him.”

what exactly am i wrong about?

did i say the fight should have been stopped? did i say the wrong outcome was made?

you been a lame ever since i showed my support for zhang
LMAO .... lame since what ??? Who are you? What you said about Zhang? What I even replied??? Stop it ...

Your narrative was wrong, your initial assessment was wrong ... so yes yiu was wrong ... you even self admittedly. You also called the man lucky .... LUCKY!!!! Who's the lame one?

I don't think Conor will beat Dustin, but a matchup with Charles v Conor would be fun considering that would mean Conor rededicated himself to actually have beat Dustin

Justin imo does need to fight one guy to get another title shot. Justin should either fight the loser of Conor/Dustin or Dariuesh

Islam beats Moises, then a top 5 guy then his title shot

Next weekend's main event of Font v Cody is amazing, but the card sucks balls. Good thing Hermansson v Shabazyn got moved to it. Only 2 fights I care about

Justin imo does need to fight one guy to get another title shot. Justin should either fight the loser of Conor/Dustin or Dariuesh

Gaethje/Chandler is the only fight to make. Fight is the epitome of violence.

The way Beniel talks about Justin and how he's helped him since even back in Justin's WSOF days, I'd doubt they fight unless it was for the title. Beniel taking time off til December/January helps the top shake out for him anyways.

Gaethje/Chandler is the only fight to make. Fight is the epitome of violence.

The way Beniel talks about Justin and how he's helped him since even back in Justin's WSOF days, I'd doubt they fight unless it was for the title. Beniel taking time off til December/January helps the top shake out for him anyways.
True, forgot about chandler already lol. That is the fight because Conor/Dustin loser won't fight for a while and Dariuesh gotta take time off for the baby plus he and Justin do seem to have a connection

Somewhat random thought, is Gaethje kinda overrated tho? Looking at Tony’s current state, that win Justin got on him doesn’t look so impressive in hindsight. And then the rest of his 4 fight win streak was a washed Cowboy, washed James Vick, and Barboza who isn’t washed but has taken plenty Ls.

Justin got knocked out by Eddie, got TKOd by Dustin, was in legit trouble against Michael Johnson, and had the worst showing against Khabib of pretty much everyone he’s fought since Darrell Horcher.

He’s definitely no bum, but I’m still wondering just how good he really is.

Definitely down for Gaethje vs Chandler though, might answer some questions for both of them.

Nahh, Justin is most definitely elite. I feel like the beating he put on Tony is more so the reason for Tony's dramatic decline, amongst other things.

Barboza, semi washed Cerrone, and 12 fight streak Tony all by KO/TKO is great.

You could really tell the difference in his defense in that those 3 fights. Really patient and tightened in stead of wreck less and brawling.

Somewhat random thought, is Gaethje kinda overrated tho? Looking at Tony’s current state, that win Justin got on him doesn’t look so impressive in hindsight. And then the rest of his 4 fight win streak was a washed Cowboy, washed James Vick, and Barboza who isn’t washed but has taken plenty Ls.

Justin got knocked out by Eddie, got TKOd by Dustin, was in legit trouble against Michael Johnson, and had the worst showing against Khabib of pretty much everyone he’s fought since Darrell Horcher.

He’s definitely no bum, but I’m still wondering just how good he really is.

Definitely down for Gaethje vs Chandler though, might answer some questions for both of them.

The hell justin put dustin through is enough to convince me Justin is right there with the elite

plus you could argue it was Justin who took Tony’s soul and started this decline

It’s actually really easy to poke holes in anyone’s resume tbh

I’m not saying he’s a bum but his 4 fight win streak where he looked like that dude just doesn’t look as impressive at the moment.

But yeah at the very least he’s an action fighter that’ll give the top guys hell.

Justin was willing to stand with Tony

These past two guys werent willing to stand with Tony

Right now Tony is just in that prime pettis situation where guys would rather take him down than strike with him to secure that easy W

I think Din Thomas was accurate when he said Tony didn't know the fundamentals, and now that everyone's figured him out, he doesn't have the fundamentals to help him. I know Tony has a black belt in BJJ, but I think I saw some stat that his 8 subs came with only 75 seconds of grappling control time or something. And now he is getting dominated by elite grapplers.

A lot of fights/fighters won't age well. It's just the nature of the game that comes with time. You have to look at the fighters at that specific time and how they were and what they were doing then. Unfair to compare them during the win streak to years down and how they look now.

I get what you’re saying and of course we know how that goes. I’m just saying in hindsight, when you beat three guys who ALL go on to lose EVERY SINGLE FIGHT after you beat them, then you have to wonder just how much they had left in the tank when the fight happened. And James Vick was never a top level guy either. Maybe Gaethje put a career changing beating on those guys, or maybe they were just running on fumes by the time they stepped in the cage with him. And Justin got stopped by all 3 of the best guys he’s faced. Not split decision loss or something. Stopped. That’s all I’m saying.

High level fighter but I do still wonder if he can win enough at the highest level to get the belt.

Justin was willing to stand with Tony

These past two guys werent willing to stand with Tony

Right now Tony is just in that prime pettis situation where guys would rather take him down than strike with him to secure that easy W

Tony reminding me of BJ Penn after the Fitch fight at this point...

He looks shakey in his stand up now and that aura of invincibility has gone.

Also he’s getting up there in age and there’s a lot of miles on that body...

I think things only get worse from here.

Same situation that happened to Pettis, it'll get worse as long they continue to put him against guys that try to secure that easy W instead of putting on a show

Tony reminding me of BJ Penn after the Fitch fight at this point...

I see your point, but Tony isn't getting KO'd by a civilian in a parking lot any time soon.

He should just go ahead and retire because he's too tough for his own good, but I highly doubt he wants to go out like that.

He 100% has CTE from the Justin fight, Oliveira damn near broke his arm, Dariush definitely tore something in his leg and he's most likely doing cartwheels up a mountain as I type this.

It really could be a wrap for Tony but I'm almost positive we see him at least 2-3 more times in the UFC. He probably gets another guy in the top 10 next and if he loses he'll be seen as a gatekeeper for the LW prospects. His unorthodox style won't work at this age where he seems to have slowed way down.

Was listening to the weighing in pod last week and Josh Thomson compared Tony's current state to how he was late in his career and it does seem pretty accurate.

Truth is the game has passed that man by. You can't expect to fight at a high level in the lighter weight classes, in the deepest division at 37. This ain't 205+.

Let's not fake light Tony was always this bad on the ground. Tony was never able to be controlled or taken down with ease. He used to always sprawl, scramble, look for sweeps or attack submissions immediately.

Kevin Lee had trouble trying to get that man to the ground and even got swept a couple times. Rewatch that fight and compare it to his last 2. It's night and day. You can really tell the difference in his reaction time when they shoot or right when he hits the ground.

you dont even have to watch the fight.

watch him do that stupid knee slide sand grab thing he does when he gets in the cage. sad sad display of "athleticism"

mans looked like he needed a cpl squirts WD-40 on all the joints

Back
Top Bottom