The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Watched the Cody/Font fight last night. Impressive performance by Rob with him spamming the jab, keeping Cody at bay and his striking looked crisp. The BW division is currently log jammed though with the Aljo/Yan rematch likely being next for the belt, then you have Sandhagen/TJ in July which could be for the next shot if either wins impressively. Also have Aldo/Munhoz in August. Since he definitely will have to take at least one more fight a scrap with Dom makes sense with so many of the others already booked. That or he holds out as a replacement for some of the previously mentioned matches.

Just checked, he's an undefeated 24 year old 10-0. Doesn't have a wiki lol

Although his last 2 fights were in the UFC and against actual recognizable names in Zalal and Damon Jackson

Holy ****, this week for MMA is horrendous

No Bellator, PFL, ONE or anything like that and the UFC card is just awful
It would have been a perfect week for a card this Thursday from PFL or Bellator. I know the 3 day weekend is on the horizon but honestly surprised there isn't an event this week.

Well there is One on the 28th but I'm sure it'll be on at an inconvenient time for the U.S. and there's not really any notable fights.

“Two weeks ago, (or) 10 days ago, Dana White called me,” Abdelaziz said on “Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson,” (via MMAJunkie). “He said, ‘Georges St-Pierre, he said he’ll fight Khabib in a non-title fight at 165 pounds.’ In a way, we’ve been waiting for Georges. I like Georges. He’s my friend. I like Georges.

“But you know, Khabib got offered $100 million after he was retired to fight Floyd Mayweather,” Abdelaziz continued about Nurmagomedov. “$100 million. $100 million. You can ask Floyd. You can ask everybody. Khabib said, ‘No, I’m retired. I told my mother I’m retired. I’m going to keep my word to my mother. If my mother told me to fight again, maybe I will. But right now, she told me not to fight.’”

“I know what Israel’s capable of. I’ve been studying Israel for a long time,” Rockhold said to ESPN. “I appreciate his style, but I think he’s beatable in so many ways. I don’t think many guys can fight him from the outside like I can.

“If I just stay relaxed and stay on the outside, it’s a game that I can play,” Rockhold continued. “And then if we go into the takedowns, I’ll do it a lot better than Jan did. I’ll tell you that.”

Still have my stock in this kid. I think his mentality and strategy needed a major overhaul and it seems like Jackson is giving hat to him. His skills are there

“I know what Israel’s capable of. I’ve been studying Israel for a long time,” Rockhold said to ESPN. “I appreciate his style, but I think he’s beatable in so many ways. I don’t think many guys can fight him from the outside like I can.

“If I just stay relaxed and stay on the outside, it’s a game that I can play,” Rockhold continued. “And then if we go into the takedowns, I’ll do it a lot better than Jan did. I’ll tell you that.”

He is going to get a rude awakening when he comes back

“Two weeks ago, (or) 10 days ago, Dana White called me,” Abdelaziz said on “Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson,” (via MMAJunkie). “He said, ‘Georges St-Pierre, he said he’ll fight Khabib in a non-title fight at 165 pounds.’ In a way, we’ve been waiting for Georges. I like Georges. He’s my friend. I like Georges.

“But you know, Khabib got offered $100 million after he was retired to fight Floyd Mayweather,” Abdelaziz continued about Nurmagomedov. “$100 million. $100 million. You can ask Floyd. You can ask everybody. Khabib said, ‘No, I’m retired. I told my mother I’m retired. I’m going to keep my word to my mother. If my mother told me to fight again, maybe I will. But right now, she told me not to fight.’”
100M? :wow::rofl:

Unless Choi greatly changes his style (which I seriously doubt he can at this point) I don't see him being anything more than an exciting middle of the pack guy. He's been stopped in his last two and as exciting as his bout with Cub was, Cub clearly got the better of him in the exchanges.

Aaron Pico is still just 24 and he has looked good the last few times out, albeit against middle of the pack comp, but I think he can sharpen his skills and potentially become a contender in the next couple years.

I guess when dana was working on something with Floyd pre pandemic it was that crossover fight with khabib

Rockhold knocked out in his next fight, confirmed.

Imagine that. Yair ducks Zabit multiple times. Zabit gets dropped out of the rankings for inactivity. But Yair keeps his ranking even though he hasn't fought for longer than Zabit, including a suspension. Now, Yair gets a #1 contender shot while Zabit is considering retirement. MMA man

props to max for taking the fight, he has nothing to gain from schooling Yair.

still disappointed well never get yair vs zabit like we should have all along

I hope Max puts on another clinic like the Kattar fight. It’ll definitely be a striking match.

But...if I had a choice, I would went with Barbosa/Max. Or Barbosa/Yair. Yair doesn’t deserve to sniff near the title lol

Back
Top Bottom