The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Honestly I'm not convinced MMA KO power automatically transfers to boxing. In fact I'm sure it doesn't. Conor didn't do much to prove anything

Woodley as a pure boxer, I don't see anything impressive at all. For one I question his cardio and two he is so stiff

If he gets KO'd by dude.... on top of getting worked by Colby.... yikes

Dana is furiousssss btw hahah cut t wood just in time to have him be relevant enough for triller/showtime to make a BAG off him. Weird the UFC stopped using twood as an analyst. But yea big F U to uncle Dana on this one.

Need to save face and let GSP take a one off

Woodley fought out his contract

a little off topic, but I think after Diaz fights Leon Edwards he only has one more fight left on his deal with the ufc

Didn’t realize it. Just looked it up.

Good for him in getting a bag. Hopefully, he’s wise in his remaining combat sports engagements. He’s 39.

And is he no longer doing UFC broadcasts?

I can't blame Twood for going after the bag. He doesn't have any prior amateur boxing experience right? I'd give him a chance in this fight if his conditioning is on point and he doesn't just try to swing for the fences like he did in the Luque fight. He should be highly motivated for this fight considering how his MMA career ended and you know he wants to avenge his boy Askren.

He’s probably going to make $500K or more. If he wants to one and done it, he can. Or he can try to setup other freak fights or BKFC. Two and a half months is probably not going to bridge the delta between their skills. Tyron does have power in his hands, decades of fight experience and he doesn’t have to worry about take downs.

the man is smaller, almost 40, shopworn, and gunshy... JP's team picked him for a reason.

500k?!? Lol hes going to make multiple m's

Hes made a mill before from the UFC im sure... 200 to show 200 to win. Performance bonus. plus points

the man is smaller, almost 40, shopworn, and gunshy... JP's team picked him for a reason.
You could say the same about Mayweather.

He is shorter. He is almost 40. Gunshy in a MMA fight? Yeah.

No one can’t say he’s not known for striking. Power in his hands. In a boxing match, does he have a higher chance than Askren? Yeah. Do the odds favor Jake? Yeah.

Khabib built different. I also wouldn’t play with him. He approached Artem. He tapped his big brother. Then proceeded to escape the cage and attack Danis.

And Gastellum keeps taking these replacement fights. Good opportunities but tough opponents.

Wow, they really put ponz vs baeza. Horrible match up for ponz considering it’s high risk no reward

Wow

That’s about the only fight I’m interested in tonight

The old Ponz would run thru Baeza at this point in his career and that's not a knock on Baeza, man's legit and has top 5 potential. Santiago was just on a different level during his Gunnar/Magny run and Baezas only 10 fights in. Hope we see some signs that he still got some high level fighting in him.

Interested in seeing how Mason Jones bounces back from that L.

Back
Top Bottom