The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Smith is developing a decent jab.

Not saying he should fight Rakic but he definitely doesn’t need to be a gate keeper a la Brunson. They sort of put him in that spot because of the absolute beating he took from Glover and losing the decision to Rakic.

Glover contradicting himself lol. Kind of funny business for a teammate to start talking **** like this but adds to the storyline quite well

Kind hoping Izzy destroys Perrerria now

“Daddy’s in the UFC,” Teixeira said. “Adesanya doesn’t wanna talk about it, ‘This guy is just getting here,’ but he knows it’s a tough one for him. No one gives Adesanya more trouble at 185 than him. I’m not saying he’s going to win, it’s another fight, another time, another style, but Adesanya must be praying, ‘For the love of God, put someone like Phil Davis for this guy.’”

“He hits your right rib and the left rib hurts,” Teixeira laughed. “Adesanya is no match for him. First of all, he’ll be coming in sh*t-scared. [Pereira] knocked him out with 10-ounce gloves. With four-ounce gloves on his hand now… And Adesanya doesn’t have the knockout power Poatan has. He’s f*cking good, don’t get me wrong, Adesanya is awesome, but he doesn’t hit like him. Adesanya hits like a normal guy, Poatan is not normal.”

Lolls I hope he does climb the 185 rankings quick. Izzy was straight up beating that man and only got KO cause he was pressing for the finish too hard.

I don't mind a Smith Rakic fight. Jiri seems like he has next title fight on lock with Jan entertaining that fight and wanting it in Europe.

Crazy we're getting ppvs back to back weeks and for free for 267/268.

The Rakic Smith fight was so bad man :smh: :lol: don't want to see that again. Hoping Ankalaev keeps winning and can get by Volkan which is def a crazy dangerous fight

Ankalaev v Jiri for the title would be 🔥

I feel you lol.. I honestly think a 2nd fight between them goes different. And to be fair to Anthony, hes rarely ever in a boring fight. Rakic has just been a pain to watch lately with never taking any types of risks.

Man......the Anthony Johnson thing is definitely serious from listening to the Weight Podcast (1:13 mark). I would assume it is cancer?

Pulling for Volk because Ortega just has the fake aura/douche bag vibes. And off the strength of T-City being a top 5 worst nickname of all time.
I actually liked Ortega when I didn’t know about him. I do want to see him beat Volk just so I can see a Max vs Ortega 2. If Volk wins, I just don’t see how they will do a Max vs Volk 3.

I just don't see Ortega beating Volk in any way but a crazy sub out of nowhere.

I watched the 2nd Volk/Holloway fight twice in the last month. The mid fight adjustments he made after losing the first 2 rounds is insane. Definitely doesn't get the credit/respect he deserves. Man's fight IQ is off the charts.

It’ll be interesting. Volk, in a weird way, doesn’t seem remarkable but is lol. Even if his reign ended Saturday, he has claim to fame of offing Aldo, Mendes, Holloway.

Ortega looked good against Korean Zombie. But I’m not sure his stand up will crack Alex. Alex has better take downs. So it’s just BJJ that’s the big difference. They both seem to have solid cardio.

I am rooting for T City because Volk isn't entertaining to me but at the same time I also want Volk to win so Max can right that wrong

Alex won't be walking in to punches or over extending like zombie either. Be interesting to see what Ortega does when Volk puts a good pace on him.

I feel you lol.. I honestly think a 2nd fight between them goes different. And to be fair to Anthony, hes rarely ever in a boring fight. Rakic has just been a pain to watch lately with never taking any types of risks.
Dude, I've been super vocal about Rakic fighting not to lose. You're def right about that

I wish Smith and Rakic never fought because if this was their first matchup, it'd be legit perfect. Let Jiri sit out to fight the winner of Jan/Glover and then have Smith and Rakic fight for next title shot. But at the same time if Ankalaev wins, he has a case. Wonder how Dana views Ankalaev

I just don't see Ortega beating Volk in any way but a crazy sub out of nowhere.

I watched the 2nd Volk/Holloway fight twice in the last month. The mid fight adjustments he made after losing the first 2 rounds is insane. Definitely doesn't get the credit/respect he deserves. Man's fight IQ is off the charts.
Thanks for the reminder, going to rewatch Volk v Max 2 which is free on UFC's Youtube channel

Automatic mw title shot lol

“I’m going to talk to him, because I’d love for him to maybe fight and maybe stay at 205,” Coker said after Bellator 266 about Yoel Romero (via MMAJunkie). “Gegard (Mousasi) is going to be busy beginning of next year fighting Austin (Vanderford). If that division opens up, and he wants to go down and fight the winner of that fight, we’d love to do that, too. We have a lot of exciting options for Romero, and I’m excited to put them all together.”

Looking forward to the rematch this Saturday, still pretty insane Nick hasn't had a fight in 6+ years.

I've still haven't watched the full fight of nick vs anderson. Think it was being replayed on espn and when they started posing / taunting, I changed the channel.

• Haha
Reactions: OTG
Yikes Hooker might rush to the US only to not have a fight with his opponent having visa issues as well.

Yo, is it me or does Nick sound way more lucid than he did before?

His speech pattern sounds way more fluid.

Mans whole vibe seems different too. He seems happier.

Someone gotta give this guy a clue

1632232903830.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom