The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Been watching this recently. The Diaz-Daley fight is the most exciting 1 round fight ever IMO. Obviously as MK is under the Showtime banner they can only show highlights of Showtime/Strikeforce fights but you still get footage of Daley,Shamrock and Noons fights.

What is going on with Max? He was supposed to fight Yair. Then poof.

I think I gave Max the second Volk fight. But Volk was a game opponent. Volk is definitely 1b to Max especially given the game plan he used in the first fight. I think folks negatively accuse him of point fighting. But it think that’s more of a testament to Max.

What is going on with Max? He was supposed to fight Yair. Then poof.

I think I gave Max the second Volk fight. But Volk was a game opponent. Volk is definitely 1b to Max especially given the game plan he used in the first fight. I think folks negatively accuse him of point fighting. But it think that’s more of a testament to Max.
I think they had unofficially rebooked the Yair fight for sometime this fall but Max and his team never accepted it. My guess would be Max waits to see what happens with Volk/Ortega and assuming it isn't close he get the winner. If it does happen to end controversially or in a split they could do an immediate rematch and then Max could either fight Yair or possibly Giga who has been bumping his gums about that being an easy fight.

Think max just waiting for 45 to play out.

since he has 2 losses to volk, he’s really hard pressed for another title shot.

if brian can win, max jumps right back into the mix.

after dropping 2 to volk, you would have thought it might have been time to move up….but I don’t think dana and the UFC want max at 55.

Max is smartly waiting for the title fight on saturday. No need to take another fight unless you need money

Dana will give him the winner of Saturday’s fight even if volk wins. Max did what he needed to do in getting a win against a potential #1 contender. Plus the rematch was totally controversial

And yup, Dana doesn’t want max at 155 at all

Think max just waiting for 45 to play out.

since he has 2 losses to volk, he’s really hard pressed for another title shot.

if brian can win, max jumps right back into the mix.

after dropping 2 to volk, you would have thought it might have been time to move up….but I don’t think dana and the UFC want max at 55.
Plz let Max fight Yair. At least try to move the division. I’m tired of this wait and see that rewarded Colby for only winning one fight since his title fight. Should at least chain 2-3 wins unless it’s an absolutely terrible division.

So Nick Diaz has them change weight the week of the fight and skips media day today. Hope he shows up tomorrow
Boss. He showing Naomi Osaka how it’s done lol.

The division is moving though and will have clarity on Saturday

It only got delayed because the UFC had the great idea to make Alex and Ortega do TUF after their fight was already cancelled in the first place due to Covid

Max doesn't need to take another fight

Yair can fight Arnold Allen

There is no logjam in the 145 division except for Max being screwed out of his shot earlier

Wow, unless Nick puts on a really exciting fight this Saturday who knows what his future with the UFC looks like. According to this MMAJunkie article he showed up to the Apex late and didn't make himself available to the media, guess that saved him a fine?!? I'd be surprised if he isn't at least at the conference tomorrow for a brief appearance as that may have been agreed to when he signed the fight agreement but Nick likes to do his own thing.

Nick being Nick. He's just more rogue than ever most likely because he can afford to

I kinda thought Dana would let Nick fast track to a title shot but idk lol this is Nick we're talking about

The Diaz Brothers are made men. He’s being doing these hijinks forever. Probably why he only has a handful of fights in the UFC.

Im tired of seeing Alex fight just Max. I agree that Max probably won the last fight and COVID disrupted the previous Brian/Alex fight a few months back. If these titliests ar least fought at least twice a year. Alex isn’t going to fight again this year so now we have to wait again for next year. It feels like all the Divisions are log jammed lol.

Max will beat the breaks off Yair and then what :lol: Max v Alex would still be the outcome

Just because Volk v Max III can't happen in 2021 doesn't mean the division is log jammed. It's far from log jammed. There are literally no worthy #1 contenders except Max

It’s probably not log jammed. Apt wording is probably inactive lol. Barbosa and Giga recently fought. Obviously Max and Kattar back in January (I mean Conor has even fought once since then, snapped his ankle and walking again).

It’s probably not log jammed. Apt wording is probably inactive lol. Barbosa and Giga recently fought. Obviously Max and Kattar back in January (I mean Conor has even fought once since then, snapped his ankle and walking again).
Yair, Allen, Emmett and Giga all have some more winning to do. Let them all fight each other

tbh the only divisions that are log jammed are: 125, 170 and 205

The other divisions have clear pecking orders and paths to the title

I'm also in the camp that says Max deserves a 3rd Volk fight should he win this Saturday due to the last fight being so close (I had Max winning).

I really wish they wouldn't have done these immediate rematches for straw weight or men's 125 when both fights ended in finishes and there are clearly other deserving contenders.

Does nick coach bjj? How is he so comfortable financially and doesn't need a ufc paycheck?

Back
Top Bottom