The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Gilbert Melendez pointed out that Ortega’s switch to southpaw is an important factor due to him being able to better leg kick and upper cut

He’s taking Ortega

Haven’t heard many pick Ortega yet

Gilbert Melendez pointed out that Ortega’s switch to southpaw is an important factor due to him being able to better leg kick and upper cut

He’s taking Ortega

Schaub has Ortega to win....which is a big red flag cause I swear he is off a lot on picking fighters to win. But I think he is picking Brian cause he knows him more than Volk.

And yo.....I am late to the party on this but just heard this whole Jessica Andrade doing 0nlyfans thing from Schaub's Podcast. Not my cup of tea but crazy how she paid off a ton of things doing that than fighting for the UFC. I am surprised Ostovich doesn't get into it or other girls just for extra cash.

He’s taking Ortega

not for nothing but gilbert is probably the worst MMA commentator lol and y’all know I like ex-fighters

good fight though, I want to say Volk takes it but wouldn’t be surprised to see brian take another leap.

should be good.

not for nothing but gilbert is probably the worst MMA commentator lol and y’all know I like ex-fighters

good fight though, I want to say Volk takes it but wouldn’t be surprised to see brian take another leap.

should be good.
Damb didn’t know that about gil. Don’t hear much of his analysis these days

Another somewhat hot take from Gil. If Diaz gets the W he does attract other guys wanting to fight him but shouldn't be anywhere near a titleshot.

Holy ****. Just watched the volk Max rematch

Max won that **** lol

1, 2 and 4 at least: third round close as hell

3rd round Max landed the harder shots

4th round volk got a takedown and Max got up within a few seconds. Other than that Max landed the harder shots and made him wobbly

Volk got lucky as hell. 10 point scoring system is ***. Max clearly won 1st and 2nd by wide Margin dropping him in each round. Not to mention Max had him backing up the whole fight

Even if the remaining 3 rounds were close Max should win by default. Pride rules>

T city can win this. Upper cuts and head kicks should be there. If Alex goes for take downs I think that’s good for t city

Anyone watching the Embeddeds? Lauren Murphy is going to get slaughters looking at the way she moves. Ortega on the other hand looks good.

Anyone watching the Embeddeds? Lauren Murphy is going to get slaughters looking at the way she moves. Ortega on the other hand looks good.

Only thing that stood out so far is how Lauren Murphy is remodeling her gym herself. With power tools. Lmao

She’s casually sawing **** using nail guns and all:lol:

I was laughing at Lauren in that first embedded thinking she's gonna nail a finger or cut part of her arm off.

Seriously though Lauren is gonna get wrecked in the fight. That division is by far least competitive in the UFC.

What did Lauren do prior to fighting (since they’re trying to sell her an everyday person turned fighter)?

I can’t even do the ish she was doing. I’d saw my fingers off.

By far my all time favorite fighter and have been waiting for this forever... I just have a bad feeling that it isn't going down this weekend
They're gonna have a presser tomorrow with Nick scheduled to attend. We'll prob get more clarity then if not today

Them volk takedowns were trash. I’m reading reactions from folks who thought volk won... he did nothing with those takedowns

****, 5th round could have also gone to Max due to harder punches

Gotta stop giving so much credit for a takedown where the guy gets up after a few seconds

What makes this funnier is that judges give no credit for scoring knockdowns.

I'd have to rewatch the fight, but I'm pretty sure round 1 or 2 could've easily been a 10-8 if knockdowns were actually scored.

I understand Volk made adjustments and looked way better in 3/4/5, but he lost that fight, :lol:

What makes this funnier is that judges give no credit for scoring knockdowns.

I'd have to rewatch the fight, but I'm pretty sure round 1 or 2 could've easily been a 10-8 if knockdowns were actually scored.

I understand Volk made adjustments and looked way better in 3/4/5, but he lost that fight, :lol:
Rewatch it, it's free on UFC Youtube channel in HD!

That's what I mean regarding the first two rounds. Granted, I do think it was tit for tat until the knockdowns in both rounds which is why I could kinda see how they wouldn't do 10-8... but... they're still knockdowns. And legit ones, not grazing or cheap

10 point scoring system is faulty for this exact reason and recently the Sandhagen/TJ fight

If a fight comes down to a decision it should be based on who landed the harder shots overall, who inflicted more damage, who threatened with submissions and who came closest to finishing the opponent. Not little slaps, pitter patters or empty takedowns that are nullified within seconds

Max took some damage to his nose and to his legs but Alex 100% took much more and was close to being finished twice

Back
Top Bottom