The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I honestly dont think so. When hes not in LV or LA or NYC he seems pretty good about keeping his belligerence at the crib (for the most part) :lol:

if they can jus keep him in the backyard with his fam and dogs an guns he wil be gucci lol but if you let the lion out the cage in the big city streets... a MFer might just end up getting mauled. its just nature.

Dude is the same no matter where, it ain't the location... He's gotten in trouble in New Mexico multiple times including just last year :lol:

He was also the first ABC Main Event. Blessed been the best!! It’s not a slight when UFC has to generate content. I mean we had TJ vs Sandhagen as a ME. That’s a PPV level fight.

He was also the first ABC Main Event. Blessed been the best!! It’s not a slight when UFC has to generate content. I mean we had TJ vs Sandhagen as a ME. That’s a PPV level fight.

TJ was just getting back from a suspension… I understand that as well. The show Max put on in his last fight should have easily put him back in the PPV-only space. Waste of an opportunity for both sides.

Yah getting mad over a non champ headlining a fight night card. Should he be on a PPV? Sure. But so should TJ. He was the BW champ and got suspended. Why waste eyes when you could’ve put the Sandhagen fight on a PPV card and said #1 contender fight. TJ back after two years.

Yah getting mad over a non champ headlining a fight night card. Should he be on a PPV? Sure. But so should TJ. He was the BW champ and got suspended. Why waste eyes when you could’ve put the Sandhagen fight on a PPV card and said #1 contender fight. TJ back after two years.
Actually you're right in a sense

Current title challegners Ortega, Colby, Whittaker and Glover all headlined Fight Nights in their most recent fights

It just depends if you think Max should strictly be on Co Main Event PPV's as a non champ. You have to assume Max is a bigger name than all of those guys I mentioned above. Just wonder what makes him more money, or if he could sneak PPV shares etc.

I'm sure Max would rather fight in a 5 rounder than a 3 round. His fight style is perfect to avalanche on opponents thru 5.

I knew it was too good to be true with recovering from a major neck injury/surgery.

TJ has his knee issues. I’m sorry. Do the Yan and Sandhagen or Font fight. Duck it. And the only reason that’s not a PPV is because of the UFC selling it to Abu Dhabi so it would be like the Khabib card from last year.

I knew it was too good to be true with recovering from a major neck injury/surgery.

TJ has his knee issues. I’m sorry. Do the Yan and Sandhagen or Font fight. Duck it. And the only reason that’s not a PPV is because of the UFC selling it to Abu Dhabi so it would be like the Khabib card from last year.
Massive logjam at 135 now

But Aldo v Font would be perfect in December. Let TJ heal up and see where the division stands at that point

Let Sterling fight winner of Yan v Sandhagen

“Of course, our main intention was to face [former champion T.J.] Dillashaw,” the coach began. “But we understand that he [earned] the chance to fight for the belt next. He also had surgery on his knee and will not return anytime soon. Aldo is coming from two straight wins and wants to be active; I think he deserves to face someone over him in the rankings. Rob Font said before the fight between Aldo and Munhoz that it was a very interesting combat to him, [as] if Munhoz [won] it would be great revenge to him, [and] if Aldo [won], [it] would be the biggest name he has ever faced. But what happened is that after Aldo won, he didn’t talk anything, but we already asked him for December.”

I think it’s squishy and dependent on the parties. I’d imagine in the case of the Diaz’s the fighters probably get more money due to whom is involved.

Gaethje was candid he wouldn’t fight five rounds. I’m surprised Nick did too considering how he feels about fighting.

Back
Top Bottom