The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Bruh, unless Nick needs the money, I don't know why he is doing this **** either

Nick still got his health and his hairline. A lot of dudes in their late 30s ain't that blessed

More peak Nick

"All the people around me and all the money and the sponsors, they won't let me get away from fighting," Diaz said in a sit-down interview with ESPN's Brett Okamoto. "There's things I could do, but that's not gonna work out. I might as well just go and take my punches. ... I don't want to look back and say, 'Why did I not just do it?' I don't feel great. I feel great to fight. I don't feel great about everything [else]. If I don't do this, I don't know how I'm going to feel about myself."

"I love to help people and I love to be part of the sport," Diaz said. "But I don't love what it's done to me. Especially in the last seven months, the last two years. So yeah, I've got a shot at dragging some of this back. So I'm gonna go for it.

"I feel like that every fight. I'm kind of a dark and dim person leading up to a fight. I just despise these people who are happy to go out there."

I lost it when I heard that. Has them change the weight the week of the fight, but thinks he should be getting an immediate title shot. Hilarious on so many levels
The Diaz/mcgregor way

fight someone in same weight class but at a higher weight class in order to get a title shot at the lower weight class

Neiman with a 100k

MMAjunkie.com was the first to report the salaries for Bellator 266 after obtaining the information from the California State Athletic Commission. The highest-paid fighter on the card was Romero, who took home $150,000 flat for his split decision loss to Phil Davis in the main event of Bellator 266. Despite the fact that Davis was the one who won the fight, he received only $100,000 for the victory. That’s because Bellator has a flat pay system for many of its top fighters and not the traditional show and win bonuses for them. So in the case of Romero and Davis, they would have been guaranteed those purses win or lose.

While Romero and Davis ended up making big bucks, they weren’t the only fighters on the card to do so. Welterweight veteran Neiman Gracie scored a $100,000 payday for his brutal first-round knockout win over Mark Lemminger, who earned $40,000. Again, Gracie was on a flat pay deal so he was always going to come away with a new payday win-or-lose.

Almost every credible big name MMA personality this week has been reminding that they thought Max won the rematch

Hardy says he still leans Max but points to the stats saying Volk had so much more volume. I hate that tbh. Every strike is not the same. Even "significant strikes". I don't trust whomever counted those stats in the rematch. I'm not buying that Alex really outstruck Max like that according to those numbers

Hardy is leaning Ortega btw

I didn't even realize we're getting UFC cards 11 weeks straight :emoji_fire:

Man. Both Diaz brothers are definitely a lack of words but it's almost funny to see Nick talk this calm. He's definitely the star of the group though.

Izzy not too pleased with his country

“You will never see me fight in New Zealand ever again,” Adesanya said in a video he posted on YouTube (via NZ Herald). “All that money, they can get it from somewhere else. Their rugbys, their crickets, and all the others they’re giving exemptions to, but you will never ever see me fight on these shores. That was one of my dreams, to headline a stadium in my backyard. That dream’s dead in the water. That’s just the way I feel right now… F**k these c***s, I don’t respect them for what they are doing to my boy.”

I hope T city gets knocked out in the first exchange..
Volk ethered that man, told him he didnt know he pissed hot or he wouldnt even be there, doesnt deserve to be. You could see in Ortegas eyes that cut him deep.

says he's currently at 255 trying to get to 270. i get putting on some weight but goddamn :lol:

says he's currently at 255 trying to get to 270. i get putting on some weight but goddamn :lol:

This kind of goes back to what BJ was saying in terms of BJJ vs wrestling and Khabib never challenging a bigger man. BJ got **** for it but I think he was right actually.

If they don't have high level striking then wrestlers depend alot on size and only feel comfortable moving up if they can really bulk up effectively. I've been saying if Jon can't bully guys with his wrestling at heavyweight then he's as good as done, I guess his team seems to be pretty aware of that too.

I hope T city gets knocked out in the first exchange..
Volk ethered that man, told him he didnt know he pissed hot or he wouldnt even be there, doesnt deserve to be. You could see in Ortegas eyes that cut him deep.
Damb that story goes so under the radar. I had no clue he popped lol

Still though that was 7 years ago and now with USAda I feel like it’s hard to get away with anything

The you don’t deserve to be here makes no sense. I mean Jones, Anderson, etc. were all on it too and much more recently. Still though it’s crazy that nobody ever mentions this about Ortega

Back
Top Bottom