The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Jeez. They were both tentative. Judging should be interested. Should just be a draw lol.

Lima might get the nod though.

A business decision

think-smart.gif

Yeah after seeing MVP in a full fight with this version of Lima, he wouldn't stand a chance with the top 15 of the UFC.

Mans has no boxing set ups at all, only throws a blitz in straight. No real footwork, backs himself in a straight line and doesn't circle til he hits the cage. No wrestling get up IQ.

Amasov and maybe even PVZs man would GNP this dude.

Yeah after seeing MVP in a full fight with this version of Lima, he wouldn't stand a chance with the top 15 of the UFC.

Mans has no boxing set ups at all, only throws a blitz in straight. No real footwork, backs himself in a straight line and doesn't circle til he hits the cage. No wrestling get up IQ.

Amasov and maybe even PVZs man would GNP this dude.
Vanderford is a MW lol

idk seems like you're going a lil extreme

MVP just fought a close fight with Lima, who we all consider to be one of the best in the world

Belal, Chisea, Leech, Daniel Rodriguez are all top 15. MVP would give those guys good fights. But as far as the top of that division. Nope, no chance lol

Prob the closest "elite" fighter he could beat is Jorge (?) Leon and Wonderboy... squints... maybeeeeee (?)

MVP def beats Wonderboy, hes just a faster longer version him but otherwise I concur hell get mauled by any wrestlers. needs to work with Izzy on the cage defenses and overal TDD

That man isn’t beating Leon. And Jorge? I just haven’t seen anything but he could copy WB.

But Colby, Gilbert, Vicente, Chinese, Magny?Nah. Not even sure he could beat Belal.

Vanderford is a MW lol

idk seems like you're going a lil extreme

MVP just fought a close fight with Lima, who we all consider to be one of the best in the world

Belal, Chisea, Leech, Daniel Rodriguez are all top 15. MVP would give those guys good fights. But as far as the top of that division. Nope, no chance lol

Prob the closest "elite" fighter he could beat is Jorge (?) Leon and Wonderboy... squints... maybeeeeee (?)
Honestly was high on MVP before this fight. The Lima we've seen the past 3 fights ain't the same that fought those 2 wars with Rory.

I was just mainly watching his foot work this entire fight. He bounces his back to the cage in a straight line way too much. That can slide in Bellator cause the round cage but in the octagon any smart fighter can keep you trapped off the corners.

Guys like DRod and Belal will keep that man on his back foot the entire time once he misses his first kick.

Someone like WB can throw a roundhouse from Ortho as a trap just to hit you with a clean straight in SP right after. Or Leon throwing a straight that's out of range just to hit you with a roundhouse from the same side that you don't see.

Seems like he can really only throw hard in Orthodox cause he has no lateral movement til hes right at the cage. When he throws punches it's only in a blitz. He is really bringing karate point fighting and that's it. Bouncing feints and explosive single or 2 hit combos. No real set ups or traps.

Just looking at the rankings he could probably only really beat Salikhov lol.

You're saying he wouldn't stand a chance vs chisea or belal? idk. Seems like y'all going extreme

Chisea don't have offensive wrestling and belal is just a tough journeyman

MVP is def awkward enough and powerful enough to give the last half of the division good fights and also wins

Leon is a complete fighter one of the most in MMA but he aint scaring nobody

Honestly was high on MVP before this fight. The Lima we've seen the past 3 fights ain't the same that fought those 2 wars with Rory.

I was just mainly watching his foot work this entire fight. He bounces his back to the cage in a straight line way too much. That can slide in Bellator cause the round cage but in the octagon any smart fighter can keep you trapped off the corners.

Guys like DRod and Belal will keep that man on his back foot the entire time once he misses his first kick.

Someone like WB can throw a roundhouse from Ortho as a trap just to hit you with a clean straight in SP right after. Or Leon throwing a straight that's out of range just to hit you with a roundhouse from the same side that you don't see.

Seems like he can really only throw hard in Orthodox cause he has no lateral movement til hes right at the cage. When he throws punches it's only in a blitz. He is really bringing karate point fighting and that's it. Bouncing feints and explosive single or 2 hit combos. No real set ups or traps.

Just looking at the rankings he could probably only really beat Salikhov lol.
idk, again we just saw him go toe to toe with Lima. Anyone who tries to pressure MVP without the Usman/Colby wrestling might go to sleep quick

On paper you can name all the advantages but MVP still possesses that awkward fight ending power and movement. You just never know with him

When you say the dude has no chance it's like... well Lima should have steamrolled him again

Y'all wildin if y'all think he's the same as WB :lol:

Wonderboy was angling off Geoff Neal and hitting him with 1-2's so many times that fight. Rewatch this fight and let me know if MVP ever throws one that's not blitzing at Lima.

I think a pressure fighter like Luque is the real issue, not a D Rod or Belal

But yeah, MVP aint show anything that makes you say oh, I wonder how the best of the UFC would fare. If MVP steamrolls amasov then we can have that convo

Bro. He got grapple ducked by Paul Daley. If you time a kick when he’s bouncing bnouncing, it leads to what happened in the last Lima fight (and we saw it again today). Lima took him down. It’s clearly his Achilles heel…someone nasty with it is ending the fight. Also Gilbert, Colby, Usman and Edwards would destroy him. Probably got Luque too.

It was cute to say the Bellator WW division was comparable to UFC a few years ago. But nah.

And personally, WB is getting old…but I’d still give him the edge. We acting like MVP is a young prodigy.

Bro. He got grapple ducked by Paul Daley. If you time a kick when he’s bouncing bnouncing, it leads to what happened in the last Lima fight (and we saw it again today). Lima took him down. It’s clearly his Achilles heel…someone nasty with it is ending the fight. Also Gilbert, Colby, Usman and Edwards would destroy him. Probably got Luque too.

It was cute to say the Bellator WW division was comparable to UFC a few years ago. But nah.

And personally, WB is getting old…but I’d still give him the edge. We acting like MVP is a young prodigy.
And Daley's striking is better than Chisea's which plays a factor. MVP's striking could cause serious issues for Chisea on the other side of it

Gilbert, Colby, Usman you're clearly not getting an argument so you gotta stop naming them lol

Edwards hasn't destroyed anyone in a long time

Edwards is a point fighter, and one of the most elite at that in the world. Been that way for most if not all of his career

He'd prob use his wrestling because if he stood with MVP for the entirety of the fight I would def think MVP connects once or twice. And that's all he needs

idk, again we just saw him go toe to toe with Lima. Anyone who tries to pressure MVP without the Usman/Colby wrestling might go to sleep quick

On paper you can name all the advantages but MVP still possesses that awkward fight ending power and movement. You just never know with him

When you say the dude has no chance it's like... well Lima should have steamrolled him again
No chance is a stretch. He's probably in that back end 15 range. He'd put up fights and beat guys who are flat footed and would let him dictate the range/pace.

And again you can't tell me this is the same Lima that beat Rory. This Lima has looked like he's just going thru the motions the past 3 fights. Stays in one gear trying to counter the entire time.

I think Chiesas defense on the feet is good enough that he'd be able to clinch MVP and probably snatch his back.

And Wasn't Paul Daley and Ross Houston able to pressure him and get TDs to hold him down for a couple rounds :lol:

Back
Top Bottom