The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Forgot to mention... That man Bryce Mitchell is a living character off of Righteous Gemstones. Watching the finale the night before then seeing that post fight interview had me rolling man.

All I could think of was khabib/barbosa fight watching what Bryce did last night. Very very impressive.

I truly believe we see Rodriguez and yan run that fight back again in the future. Shame that was on prelims and not first fight to open main card.

Bryce has cardio you gotta give him his due (I didn’t want to lol)

I still don’t think he’s elite. He’s earning his way though the division though again you can’t take that away from him

Im just glad chimaev and burns is official

Ankalaev gets a test next weekend. The ufc is about to go on an incredible run with elite matchups and cards

Bryce got all the tools to be elite. That was a nasty beating. His timing on TDs is great. Trash person but the skills are there.

So many under the radar matchups. Card is fire next weekend.

Ankalaev/Santos
Yadong/Moraes
Caceres/Yusuff
Pereira/Silva
Even Mazo/Maverick is a fun matchup.

Didn’t Dana say he just signed a new contract with them?

Should have let it expire to get a boxing payday and then deuce. He’s 37, it’s only downhill especially with the mileage he has.

Bryce got all the tools to be elite. That was a nasty beating. His timing on TDs is great. Trash person but the skills are there.

So many under the radar matchups. Card is fire next weekend.

Ankalaev/Santos
Yadong/Moraes
Caceres/Yusuff
Pereira/Silva
Even Mazo/Maverick is a fun matchup.
If he can keep developing his striking technique maybe. He’s got high iq for sure

He dropped barboza with a punch which surprised me but I honestly don’t think it’s still that great nor his power

Idk his power seems whatever. His gnp is solid but not vicious imo

Would like to see how he does against the elite now

Masdival lucky he got a new deal ... no way dude gets back the hype. At the end of the day, he's 1 dimensional and he has way to many miles.

I just hope someone could beat the crap out of Colby .... can't stand that dude.

If he can keep developing his striking technique maybe. He’s got high iq for sure

He dropped barboza with a punch which surprised me but I honestly don’t think it’s still that great nor his power

Idk his power seems whatever. His gnp is solid but not vicious imo

Would like to see how he does against the elite now
His striking looked a lot better than the Fili fight already. Utilizing more kicks. A bit sloppy but he's still young. And he doesn't really need great striking when he has superior grappling and a suffocating style over most.

One thing I think that goes a bit unnoticed with him is that he has a very high fight IQ for someone that didn't grow up training or wrestling in school. Impressive as hell man.

My only knock on him is that he doesn't look for advances on submissions enough. He's pretty content on getting by on decisions but I think the finishes will come with more experience.

Want to see him pass the next test of another elite grappler.

the Mitchell v Barbosa showed me nothing personally.... little anyway. the damage inflicted on the ground was pretty impressive but ive seen Edson on his back being battered by alot of wrestlers lately

if you could hand pick an opponent for Bryces style Edson would have a been a top 3 choice

I could see Bryce running amok in FW. Who else really uses a strong wrestling base in FW? Off the top of my head, probably uses wrestling. But not to the extent of Bryce.

Also, you could tell the UFC sees something in him. They had footage for the preview. It made him look like a renaissance man. I’m sure it was a result of Fiziev dropping out and then the co-main being in jeopardy.

I could see Bryce running amok in FW. Who else really uses a strong wrestling base in FW? Off the top of my head, probably uses wrestling. But not to the extent of Bryce.

Also, you could tell the UFC sees something in him. They had footage for the preview. It made him look like a renaissance man. I’m sure it was a result of Fiziev dropping out and then the co-main being in jeopardy.
Yep - he brings out the Evangelical MAGA crowd

I won’t lie. That charity bit was well played.

Camo pants. Good ‘old Boy. Rapper. He’s the FW chosen one pushed to make FW great again.

Idk 145 is still pretty loaded

Volk, max, kattar

Yair, Allen, emmett, zombie

Zabit

To say Bryce would run through that is high praise I wouldn’t go that far yet

Nah he wouldn't run through the best at all. I was just saying I see the potential with his style to make a name and possibly contend.

I'm still very high on Allen and think he got next out of the young guys. Very underrated cause his inactivity.

Nah he wouldn't run through the best at all. I was just saying I see the potential with his style to make a name and possibly contend.

I'm still very high on Allen and think he got next out of the young guys. Very underrated cause his inactivity.
Wasn't talkin about any comments you made, I saw "Mitchell could run amok" of the division and was like, damb, isn't 145 supposed to be one of the best if not the best division in all of MMA

Wrestling may not be a strength of a lot of the contenders but their other elite skills balance that out

I think Yair v T City makes a lot of sense therefore you have Kattar or Emmett left to fight Mitchell

I hope that happens as either would also make a lot of sense for Mitchell imo. Perfect contendership ladder building

Oh, and Alex Pereira on Saturday :pimp: it's a fan friendly matchup with Bruno Silva

There's also a decent Bellator card on Saturday

Borics v Burnells, I think this is a #1 contender fight?
Davis v Angleicks
Jay Jay Wilson returns and at first it was listed at 170 lol, now it's listed at 155, makes much more sense
Salter v Eblen, with a win, Eblen could very well get a title shot against Mousasi

This is somewhat insane lol

imo I do believe Ankalaev will fight for the belt, maybe even this year but that's a huge edge in odds there

Wasn't talkin about any comments you made, I saw "Mitchell could run amok" of the division and was like, damb, isn't 145 supposed to be one of the best if not the best division in all of MMA

Wrestling may not be a strength of a lot of the contenders but their other elite skills balance that out

I think Yair v T City makes a lot of sense therefore you have Kattar or Emmett left to fight Mitchell

I hope that happens as either would also make a lot of sense for Mitchell imo. Perfect contendership ladder building
You were talking about comments I made.

Bryce did manage to knock down Barbosa with a solid punch. He's still young and can grow. Maybe run amok is hyperbole. But he's definitely a solid name in the mix. Kalvin legit. But Emmet is like a right hand (at least based on his last fight).

Lol at Izzy's brother and his Colby comments.

Back
Top Bottom