The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Don't know how I feel about that.. he got slept by Wonderboy. Was that from being drained? Then you have the wars he's been through and damage taken already at 85 on top of being drained.

So folks like Conor, Nate, Masvidal, Whitaker, Covington, Lewis are all in a special category. All they can do is move up or down in weight, do money fights, etc.

Maybe, he'll work with a good nutritionist like Aldo or Holland. He could also ask for catch weight fights.

So Usman wants to have yet another sequel fight?

Dude going into his third rematch. If Burns wins…then that’s yet another one (in Biggie voice).
Sounds to me like Usman is saying they have to go through Covington before getting a title shot which makes perfect sense.

SAS wasn’t wrong though…

1646852485396.png

Sounds to me like Usman is saying they have to go through Covington before getting a title shot which makes perfect sense.
I don’t think chimaev should necessarily have to fight colby for a title shot

The ufc doesn’t work like that for one and number two with the state of the division, if chimeav beats burns dominantly I don’t think it’s so crazy to be in the title fight

We’ve seen it happen before with till

If usman beats Leon he’ll have beaten Leon twice, jorge twice and colby twice. It’s time for some new challengers

I don’t think chimaev should necessarily have to fight colby for a title shot

The ufc doesn’t work like that for one and number two with the state of the division, if chimeav beats burns dominantly I don’t think it’s so crazy to be in the title fight

We’ve seen it happen before with till

If usman beats Leon he’ll have beaten Leon twice, jorge twice and colby twice. It’s time for some new challengers
Till beat Wonderboy and at that time WB was essentially in Colby's shoes. WB had fought Woodley twice and then beat Mas. Till beat WB and got the title shot.

I dont see how Chimeav gets a shot before going through Colby. As an mma fan that is a MUST WATCH fight also. I feel like Chimeav/Colby is bigger than Colby/Poirier.

Till beat Wonderboy and at that time WB was essentially in Colby's shoes. WB had fought Woodley twice and then beat Mas. Till beat WB and got the title shot.

I dont see how Chimeav gets a shot before going through Colby. As an mma fan that is a MUST WATCH fight also. I feel like Chimeav/Colby is bigger than Colby/Poirier.
Till didn’t deserve that title fight at all but still got it

He missed weight against wonderboy and still arguably lost

If chimaev dominates burns that’s better than what till did to get his title shot

Chimeav vs colby would be great no doubt I’m just saying I dont think it’s necessary

Yeah. I agree with Vince. If Chimaev wins, he deserves a title shot even despite the fact he was not given more top 15 fights.

WW is just log jammed at the moment. I DO think Colby should fight up and comers though. Burns has been doing it. So should he.

Till didn’t deserve that title fight at all but still got it

He missed weight against wonderboy and still arguably lost

If chimaev dominates burns that’s better than what till did to get his title shot

Chimeav vs colby would be great no doubt I’m just saying I dont think it’s necessary
You are missing the point. Till had to go through the next man under the champ. Burns got bodied by the champ, hes not ahead of Colby...now way. Chimeav doesnt deserve a title shot after running through Burns(yall know whats bout to happen). Atleast Till stepped in the ring with WB, wether you feel he lost or not.

And lets be honest, Chimeav only shot at beating Usman is later down the line as Usman ages. After the Edwards fight, i think Usman is done anyways unless he gets crazy money to fight Chimeav.

Last edited:
You are missing the point. Till had to go through the next man under the champ. Burns got bodied by the champ, hes not ahead of Colby...now way. Chimeav doesnt deserve a title shot after running through Burns. Atleast Till stepped in the ring with WB, wether you feel he lost or not.

And lets be honest, Chimeav only shot at besting Usman is later down the line as Usman ages. After the Edwards fight, i think Usman is done anyways unless he gets crazy money to fight Chimeav.
Lmao till missed weight, I don’t care that he got into the cage with wonderboy, you don’t get extra credit for that

Chimaev would have fought colby no problem but the ufc wanted the jorge colby money grab

Colby is def the next best but burns ain’t that far off. You don’t always have to fight the true #2 to get a title shot

See this is why I'm still passed that we missed out on Khamzat/Edwards... I'm sure he's getting the shot anyway after beating Burns but a win over Leon would leave no dispute for me.

Colby don't even want that Khamzat smoke. Mans campaigning for a fight with a 55er. Didn't even talk about knocking off any contenders like Rob said just to get a 3rd shot.

I just hope my guy Leon gets that title fight signed before the ppv. Knowing his luck, he might get passed over if Chimaev runs through Burns easily :smh:

If khamzat rag dolls burns and calls for Usman next I don’t see how he doesn’t get it. Way bigger fight then Usman/Leon. Although I do think an interesting scenario would be if Usman is delayed on a return due to his hand and khamzat does beat burns, have him fight Leon for an interim in July during international fight week.

Or...on the same card. International Fight Week. Covington/Chimaev. Usman/Edwards 2. Whitaker/Wonderboy 2. Fate of the WW.

Ok bro, let him fight the champ that hasnt lost in 10 years.
Way to move the goalposts

Burns could smoke chimaev we don’t know but if it’s the other way around then giving chimaev a shot isn’t anything unwarranted

That was the topic

Back
Top Bottom