The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

“Yeah, it’s interesting, I hadn’t heard that. He’s coming into Vegas, we’re getting together and we’re gonna talk,” Dana White said. “We’ll see what’s next… Any Conor fight is good money-wise.”

Nearly every other major sport is a meritocracy, or as close to it as it can be. No matter how small of a market Phoenix and Milwaukee is, they won every playoff series to make it to the finals. Adam Silver doesn't get to step in and make a team play another for $$.
The UFC has matchmakers that can overrule whatever rankings that exist for profit, the longer this goes on and the more money the UFC makes, the closer it gets to WWE status. There's still great fights every event, but in no fair world should Conor even be sniffing title shots now.

Never forget Hendo vs Bisping 2

Conor against the best pound for pound fighter. He’s bigger. He’s got cardio for days. He can wrestle. Easy money for Usman. And a break from all these rematches. But still hilarious especially with Dana on one hand saying Canello/Usman doesn’t make sense but McGregor/Usman?

Another HW interim belt on the way

“Yes, probably [there will be an interim title]… I’d rather the [interim title] didn’t exist, but you got to have them. They’re a necessary part of the business. You’ve got to have them.” Dana White said. “But yeah, if it’s not the champ it’s the next best guy. So, when the champ comes back, he immediately can fight a guy who’s the number one contender. There’s no question who’s the number one guy when you have an interim champ versus the champ.”

“I personally haven’t heard from them [Stipe Miocic or Jon Jones] but that doesn’t mean the matchmakers haven’t talked to them. I’m sure they have. Those are the two guys you would be looking at.”

"The UFC will return to Abu Dhabi for a pay-per-view card in Oct. 22, the company announced Friday.

According to the promotion, UFC 281 will take place at the Etihad Arena and cap off the “Abu Dhabi Showdown Week” with a “blockbuster event” headlined by a “crowd-pleasing title bout.” It’s still unclear which champion will defend their belt in the fourth quarter of 2022 in Abu Dhabi."

Just watched Mokaev's pro debut 2 years ago... apparently he and his opponent also had really bad blood lmao

They almost fought in the hotel

But Mokaev looked scary good, all around with quickness and striking and grappling and wrestling

Can't wait to see him tomorrow

Conor off that fish scale. Whe. He comes down hell reconsider. Dana like him too much to feed him to usman. Especiallllly when Diaz and Masvidal are there in bigger winnable fights

Just watched Mokaev's pro debut 2 years ago... apparently he and his opponent also had really bad blood lmao

They almost fought in the hotel

But Mokaev looked scary good, all around with quickness and striking and grappling and wrestling

Can't wait to see him tomorrow
One thing I like about him is he has about 25 or so amateur fights. That's pretty rare in MMA. Once guys win about 5+ they'll usually turn pro.

Craig vs Krylov is a prelim on thisss card.... how swayyy. Maybe dont show Herbert getting grapple ****** on the main?

One thing I like about him is he has about 25 or so amateur fights. That's pretty rare in MMA. Once guys win about 5+ they'll usually turn pro.
Yup it’s safe to say he’s one of the most accomplished amateur fighters ever

He’s got a chip on his shoulder to boot

The new breed of Dagestan russia well rounded fighters is scary

Him, chimaev, umar, usman etc dudes just good at everything with that robotic drive and will

Craig vs Krylov is a prelim on thisss card.... how swayyy. Maybe dont show Herbert getting grapple ****ed on the main?
Not only on the prelims, but like, far down lol

If anything, Gunnar v Sato should be on the prelims

But since it's a non PPV, prelims and main card, I guess it really don't matter. It's just the fact that they're so far down. I mean look at the two fights after, like, why? lol

Gunnar/Sato fight is probably used as a "come down" recharger fight from the Molly and Paddy fights. So the crowd doesn't feel flat for the main and do.

Craig should've Been main card opener and have Topuria be the prelim featured or vice versa. Read somewhere that them 2 dudes got 21 finishes overall :sick:

The Topuria fight should be on the main. He could def grapple but he's been striking in every fight. Herbert got power, it has potential to be fireworks

I don't think they should have no come down fight lol. Plus the two fights after the Craig match are kinda whatever. I think one of them is from England so that's prob what it is but still

Back
Top Bottom